Smile Through The Game Panel Arguments -

Hey Guys,

I've been reading an awful lot about the Game panel discussions on this board. And it seems to be going back and forth between Game-Panel, TCAdmin, and GameCP.

Alot of the posts go through how the admin has a windows or linux box however there was no true opinion given as to which is actually prefered and which actually runs best with the game!

So this post is to inquire about which you feel the most popular games these days would run on best (Linux or Windows)? Thus providing more insight unto which management panel is best! Furthermore, if you were not going to own your own box and colo, what would be the best place to have a box set up at (company names)?

Also, I think I had read somewhere that one of the above mentioned panels also has a ventrilo module? This would certainly give one up on the competition however I don't remember which one.

Look forward to your responses!

TCAdmin.com owns them all.

What about windows/linux? Which do you think is better?

Well GameCP until TCAdmin go linux. GameCP is the only decent linux one.

Do you think games run better/more efficient on windows or linux

6. Wow, I wasn't even aware any game panels were out. Interesting.
    Fast, Cheap, Reliable Hosting

I say gaming works better on windows. Things like halo are windows only. Hosting the main sites and panels, I would say linux, but running it all windows.

It all comes down to cost. Windows will cost you more than linux, since you are required to have a windows license. Most linux versions are free and do not need any type of paid licensing to run them. Windows 2003 server is as stable as any linux flavor out there.

As for the windows vs. linux when it comes to game hosting, no one has ever provided concrete proof that one runs better than the other when it comes to games. But there are some slight advantages to windows, such as certain games can only be run on win, and patches and dedicated server files are allways released for windows. Sometime linux versions are not released on time. A couple instances would be the last Call of Duty patch. Windows was out and linux was nowhere to be found. And the Battlefield 2 dedicated server files. Windows was released, but there was an issue with the linux version. It was a few days or more before they where patched up.

Then it really comes down to which OS you like, and are comfortable with. Use the one you know best.
    www.tcadmin.com
    The Game Hosting Control Panel

windows really won't cost you much more than linux. windows license is $20/mo plus tcadmin $16, brings total cost to $36/mo where as with gamecp it is $25/mo plus $0 for the os, so cost is really not even worth mentioning.

Windows vs. linux: there really isnt much noticeable performance difference between the 2 with gaming. Windows does have benefits on which games can be run (halo, ravenshield etc) and most steam based games seem to run smoother on windows.

the support you get with windows and tcadmin is excellent, the others I have tried are just not up to par, tcadmin is a real business with real people and excellent support and they take it seriously. I can say that because I have run all 3 setups (tc, gamecp, game-panel) and they are by far the best

If you look around there are a few hosts offering panels bundled with dedicated servers.

They're offering game panels bundled with dedicated servers? wow, I have to see this!

yep and I know Rich cannot say it but I sure can....defconservers.com has some really excellent deals on gameservers with impeccible network structure, get your fill

hahahaa, Wow that came zinging out of left field

haha sorry, i had to throw in a plug for your company. I would buy one if i was in the market for one!

Well it is appreciated

Rich runs a quality business. No worries about renting from Defcon.
    www.tcadmin.com
    The Game Hosting Control Panel