Question WHM/cPanel Hosting Billing Systems.. ClientExec, ModernBill, Agileco, iHostDev etc

Hi,

I want to do some research on hosting billing options, so far i have a small list of tools i see that are available. Does anyone know of any others available? Anyone prefer a certain tool? if so, why? Please advise!

1. Modern Bill
    2. Client Exec
    3. AgileBill
    4. AccountLab Plus
    5. phpCOIN
    6. AWBS
    7. WHNBilling
    8. PHPManager
    9. WHM.Autopilot
    10. Whois.Cart
    11. iHostDev

--------------------------------------------------------
    eNicola Web Design and Hosting
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by enicola; 11-21-2005 at 03:30 PM.

I strongly recommend ModernBill. I have it integrated with a support system (Kayako's SupportSuite), a fraud detection system (FraudGuardian), a merchant account and an affiliate program (iDevAffiliate) and it all works terrific together.

I paid to have it professionally installed, configured and customized, so I can't comment on how easy it is to setup yourself (it looked difficult, so I didn't even try).... but once up and running, it's a dream.

Rob.
    Rob Moore - Founder/President
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Hosting Companies, since 2005
    Our new service is LIVE - as of June 1, 2016

How much did you pay to get all that set up? Who did it for you? I might look into that as an option as my time is very limited these days.
    eNicola.com Custom Website Design Service Since 1997 | Get a Web Design Quote

Hi

I believe "VanHost" on these forums offers ModernBill liscenses with free installation. As for integrating iDevAffiliate, I'd imagine it's not too hard of a thing to do and something you can pay someone $20-30 to do. Lastly, the template customziation is really just modifying a header and footer file which I believe there is documentation for on ModernBill's website.

An another note I personally use Client Exec and have not had any problems with it. There aren't any major bugs whereas other billing software are full of them.

Hope this helps,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Try WHMCS.com , seems promising so far

Quote Originally Posted by PTH
    Try WHMCS.com , seems promising so far
    do you use WHMCS? is it a good tool?

We use Whois.Cart and it's great. Very simple, and it just works.

You can't do some of the more advanced things you can with others, and at times it can be clunky, but it's very easy to template and modify.

I integrated the entire system into our site's design in a couple of days, and it only takes minutes to install.

Quote Originally Posted by enicola
    How much did you pay to get all that set up? Who did it for you? I might look into that as an option as my time is very limited these days.
    I had ModernBill install and configure their system for me (a couple hundred bucks I think it was..... but it included a 1 hour "over the phone" tutorial on how to use it, and several phone conversations during the setup to make sure everything was set the way I wanted it).

I had Kayako install and configure their system for me, and I think that was around $60.00

I had idevaffiliate install and configure their system, and they configured it with ModernBill too. Less than $100 for that.

I then paid a 3rd party $200 to customize the look of Kayako SupportSuite to fit the look of my site.

So all together I spent around $500 or $600 to get it all installed and setup correctly..... and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I use FrontPage to build my websites, and couldn't PHP or MySQL my way out of a cardboard box.

You could probably just start with a 3rd party and have them do all this for you... since all these programs are PHP/MySQL. But I wanted to go with the experts.

Hope that helps!

Rob.

thanks for the info twobit i checked out your site and your sign up process looks great, very easy for the customer, which is key!

We would recommend Ubersmith.com
    Thomas Brenneke | Network Redux, LLC | http://www.networkredux.com
    • Proud sponsors of the SimpleMachines ImageMagick and AdiumX projects.

I don't use one yet.

I just use a bunch of forms and paypal. Works great and is free.

ModernBill is too expensive for me. They have a price structure where it depends on the number of clients you have. Why can't they have a fixed price?

Currently I am incline towards Whois.Cart and ClientExec. Thank you for recommending Ubersmith.com. I will study it.

Does anyone know what billing system or shopping cart that has "orderwhiz.php" in the URL?

Can someone tell me how can these billing system be intergrated with Directi or Enoms API?

When the customer ordered a new domain name from your shopping cart, will ClientExec check the Whois's database ?

Or do you have to manually key in into Directi/Enoms cart to order the new domain ordered by customers?

I've used AccountLab (not plus) before but didn't like it.
    I am currently using Clientexec and would like to use ModernBill in the future because it has lots of features

For koushibasaki
    Does anyone know what billing system or shopping cart that has "orderwhiz.php" in the URL?
    It's ModernBill

When the customer ordered a new domain name from your shopping cart, will ClientExec check the Whois's database ?
    Yes

Or do you have to manually key in into Directi/Enoms cart to order the new domain ordered by customers?
    Yes, Clientexec has Enoms plugin in admin setting.

Conclusion, you better use ClientExec it's cheaper. Up to you.
    Last edited by TRIBOLIS; 11-23-2005 at 04:56 AM.

We are using AWBS, it's include the most common features.. self and integrated also like

forum login genration run time
    HelpDesk use internal or external
    Domain Registration / Trf. / Renew with long list of provider
    Affiliate system
    Coupon System like special offer
    Low Cost
    and more..

But.. little slow support.

Question

Anyone know which one does ALL of these things...
    - automatic hosting account set up in whm
    - check domain availability (or link into enom so users can register at same time as hosting order).
    - gateways for 2checkout and paypal
    - support ticket system included
    - easy to set up

please advise....

Well im using WHM Autopilot .. Not too bad but its worth it.. If anyone needs installtion im PM me

ClientExec does all of those things. The only issue is - it doesn't auto create accounts unless you explicitiy 'accept' the account in the admin panel. But, in my opinion, that's the best way to do it. (prevents fraud)

For the money - ClientExec is a great software.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Yes you re correct Cleint Exec do not have Auto Install Accounts...

As for those who is new in the business Client exec is the way to start

thanks for response elix, doing an 'approve' before an account is set up is fine by me!

Then Client Exec is the one for you ..ive used it before and i can say its worth trying... But dont ever delay in checking your emails coz you need to approve accounts for your clients

Modernbill does everything you're looking for.

which is easier for customer to use when signing up ... modernbill or client exec or another tool maybe?
    ease of use for customers is very important.

I'm not familiar with Client Exec myself, so I can't comment on that. I do know that a good many hosts use ModernBill, and the signup process is pretty simple. I suggest you go to both websites and try a demo signup.... they should both have one.... and see if you like one over another.

I use whoiscart. I would say its pretty good. I think Client Exec and modern bill is better. They all almost have the same functions.

Can i use client exec in hsphere? or do i need it if i have Hsphere?

thanks

Can i use client exec in hsphere? or do i need it if i have Hsphere?

thanks

I'd recommend WHMAutoPilot, very simple to setup, integrates well with all websites, and the automatic account creation works flawlessly. ModernBill, in my opinion, is overkill for such simple billing and takes much too long to setup.
    ‹‹SHAW NETWORKS›› Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans ›› 24/7/365 Live Technical Support ‹‹
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

You do not need ClientExec if you use H-Sphere, since H-Sphere is a complete hosting solution and includes a built-in billing manager and trouble ticket system.

I have just ordered WHMCS - It looks good and its what i really needed as i plan to offer sub domains for free with my hosting while when i used WHMAutoPilot it did not allow me to do so. If you're looking for a cheap but decent billing manager then i think WHMCS is quite a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by enicola
    which is easier for customer to use when signing up ... modernbill or client exec or another tool maybe?
    ease of use for customers is very important.
    ModernBill is kind of bulky with a lot of steps.

However, http://www.rorder.net/ released a custom Modern Bill order skin that makes the process much simpler.

ClientExec has a very nice, simple order form. You can easily customize the colors, etc, too.

Quote Originally Posted by elix
    ModernBill is kind of bulky with a lot of steps.

However, http://www.rorder.net/ released a custom Modern Bill order skin that makes the process much simpler.

ClientExec has a very nice, simple order form. You can easily customize the colors, etc, too.
    I use Modernbill with rorder.net as well.... very clean and easy to understand for customers. It gets my vote

Rob.

Best, as it has ever been, is modernbill for whm/cpanel too.

AWBS looks the best if it's trustworthy.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo