Software to find details about a website?

Hi..

I was wondering whether there is any such software or tools for finding the background details of a website, such as:

1) Server Name/IP/Location
    2) Server Configuration
    3) Server OS/Version
    4) Control Panel used
    5) Web mails installed
    6) Virtual Account Name
    7) Account Size/Bandwidth
    8) Folders inside the account name
    and whatever more possible.

The reason for asking this is; recently I got a new client, he wants to transfer his account from other host to me. He only has a website address, FTP username & password. He doesn't know what control panel is installed.

I try to use my little skills to guess the control panel using the port number but all failed.

I also don't know whether he is using Linux or Windows. (I am only familiar with Linux server) I see lot of email folders in the root, which I never come across before. Therefore, I wanted to know what email solution they were using.

I hope your inputs will help me to solve this probolem.

Thanks, in advance.

Peter
    Peter65
    Today's Newbie
    Future's Webguru

Well, much of what you're aksing is not possible, but to discover the server type, use: http://www.whois.sc/domain.tld (change the 'domain.tld' to the actual domain).
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

2) Server Configuration
    3) Server OS/Version
    4) Control Panel used
    5) Web mails installed
    6) Virtual Account Name
    7) Account Size/Bandwidth
    8) Folders inside the account name
    and whatever more possible.
    Yes, these items normally cannot be queried from outside the server, unless you were to do something illegal such as hacking/exploiting the server.

The client should have some sort of access to the Client control panel and instructions from the current hosting company as to how to access it. This would give you the info you need. Unless they're like many of my clients who prefer not to know and leave everything for me to do (ah, more cash flowing in!)