What support system do you use?

Hi, Im looking for a support system for my hosting site, as of now ive always used msn messenger and e-mail but I find most people using msn are more tempted to harrass the staff and cause troubles. So Im looking for a ticket system, other than Kayako.

What support system do you use?

Why not Kayako? It's the best, definately worth the money.
    Numaria.com For peace of mind +44 800 075 8187 +1 800 985 8187
    Shared Hosting Reseller VPS Dedicated Servers SSL Domain Names

Quote Originally Posted by mpaert
    Why not Kayako? It's the best, definately worth the money.
    Yeah I love Kayako it is the best, but its a bit outa my price range at the moment, I would go for monthly rent with it but in the end you could just save up in that time and buy a fully owned copy.

I'd also be interested to know why not kayako, we use it and it works great for us. I have heard good things about cerberus so that could be a good option for you
    AMN WebTech
    We offer a variety of plans at competitive rates.
    Visit us for further details www.amnwebtech.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by scribbytech
    Yeah I love Kayako it is the best, but its a bit outa my price range at the moment, I would go for monthly rent with it but in the end you could just save up in that time and buy a fully owned copy.

Never rent licenses unless you're planning to go out of business or are not serious about web hosting. Especially if we're talking a few hundred bucks.

Never rent licenses unless you're planning to go out of business or are not serious about web hosting. Especially if we're talking a few hundred bucks.
    Yeah thats what I thought, in the long run it will work out cheaper to buy it straight off.

Any other support systems?

By saying especially you imply that a serious business should never rent a licence, but there are many reasons that you might do this.

I was looking into an owned licence for a product last week and we have the option of either buying it full price or leasing it. If we lease it, it would take just under 17 years before we would have paid the same amount as if we bought it.

As the licence will be outdated in less than 5 years, it makes no sense for us to buy the licence, so leasing makes sense in this case.

It's similar to many of the smaller construction companies you see over here in the UK (might be the same elsewhere). They use leased equipement (tractors, diggers etc) because the cost of maintenance and purchase outweighs the benefits of leasing. With software this can also be true because leasing normally includes all upgrades, where purchasing doesn't.

Although I do agree with you if the software is cheap in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by FLH-Wullie
    By saying especially...

Fair enough... I was more referring to Kayako and similar-priced products...

cerberus is what we use and its pretty good
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

yes, cerberus is the frist choice

Cerberus tries very hard and I think is on the right path, but the admin interface is horrible and drove me stark-raving mad. Now if I pay for a support system, I expect it to be usable "out of the box," I should not have to skin it/fix it to make it work. I've already paid for a working product, after all...

I can't believe nobody has mentioned SupportTrio, http://www.activecampaign.com/supporttrio/

It is an excellent product, we absolutely love it. Sharp lookin' and nicely priced. Has all the functionality we need, it looks and acts like a professional product. And unlike Kayako -- it also has an outstanding support team behind it. The developers are very responsive and friendly.

I have listed the problems we had with both Kayako and Cerberus many times on this board, I won't go into it again when it is all available via search. Our move to SupportTrio was made after extensive first-hand experience with both Kayako and Cerberus, and we haven't looked back.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Wow, I disagree with that statement. Leasing (hosted) is a great way to go if you don't want to dedicate the resources to the software in question. If you are leasing/renting just to park it on your own servers than you have a point.

Yes, i was refering to usage on ones own servers.

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET)
    Cerberus tries very hard and I think is on the right path, but the admin interface is horrible and drove me stark-raving mad. Now if I pay for a support system, I expect it to be usable "out of the box," I should not have to skin it/fix it to make it work. I've already paid for a working product, after all...
    the admin interface is a major reason we chose it. When you are handling 75 to 100 tickets a day, cerberus makes things much easier. Everything can be quickly accessed from the main interface.
    init.me - Build, Share & Embed

JodoHost.com - Windows VPS Hosting, ASP.NET and SQL Server Hosting
    8th year in Business, 200+ Servers. Microsoft Gold Certified Partner

Cerberus Helpdesk is one of the top support scripts in my opinion, it has all the features you would ever need

yes.. cerberus is good. even you can try it's full function, but only one email address.