* Get money for private name server ?

Why do some web hosting companies get money for have private name server ?

Can I creat private name server and use them without inform them ?

What do they do when I request private name server for my account ?

I suppose because it takes time for them to setup a private nameserver and have their DNS server respond on your private nameserver.

It's actually quite simple nowadays. Not sure why anyone would charge for this unless if your account is a shared account and maybe not a reseller account?

Most of the companies will not allow a provate name servers for shared accounts.
    The companoes who will do this for you will definelty charge you some fees for the same..

You can't use name servers without informing them..
    The New Hosting Forum

Web Hosting Forum

I charge for private nameservers only because of the extra IP address you need to make them, you can set them up to run on your current nameservers but most clients want the private nameservers so people cant see where they are hosted as is why they would also want there own dedicated IP(s).

Quote Originally Posted by scribbytech
    I charge for private nameservers only because of the extra IP address you need to make them, you can set them up to run on your current nameservers but most clients want the private nameservers so people cant see where they are hosted as is why they would also want there own dedicated IP(s).
    Same reason why we charge...

most clients want the private nameservers so people cant see where they are hosted as is why they would also want there own dedicated IP(s).
    Why would you want to keep that information private ? I cannot think to any use for that right now . . . but I am sure that there must be a reason.

Other than privacy: what are the uses of a private nameserver ?

Regards,
    Razvan

You can also find lots of hosting provider they hide his company name free, they call it private lable hosting, search in offer forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mihai11
    Why would you want to keep that information private ? I cannot think to any use for that right now . . . but I am sure that there must be a reason.

Other than privacy: what are the uses of a private nameserver ?

Regards,
    Razvan
    Well some resellers dont want there customers to know that they are actually resellers. thats the main reason.

The main reason, as has been stated before, is that nameservers SOMETIMES need a dedicated IP, depending on the server setup.

Most of the companies will not allow a provate name servers for shared accounts.
    I mean for reseller accounts !

You can't use name servers without informing them..
    why ?
    I order reseller plan from a company . after they setup my account send me that
    If you want private label nameservers, here is the needed information to register them: Below are the
    IPs provided for you.

and they don't ask me our private name server !!!!

I charge for private nameservers only because of the extra IP address you need to make them
    But I think you can setup private name server without dedicate IP address

nameservers SOMETIMES need a dedicated IP, depending on the server setup.
    Could you explain ?

Quote Originally Posted by constantine
    I mean for reseller accounts !

why ?
    I order reseller plan from a company . after they setup my account send me that
    If you want private label nameservers, here is the needed information to register them: Below are the
    IPs provided for you.

and they don't ask me our private name server !!!!
    Resellers usually have access to DNS settings which is why the host wouldn't have to be informed. You would be responsible for setting your DNS records correctly with your new nameservers.
    Need a new Web Host?
    Become a Host Refugee and receive TRUE 24/7 Support

cPanel + Fantastico, PHP4 or PHP5
    HostRefugee.com - See our current promotions

Resellers usually have access to DNS settings which is why the host wouldn't have to be informed. You would be responsible for setting your DNS records correctly with your new nameservers.
    you mean that I can change it in WHM - > DNS function - > Edit DNS Zone one by one ?

Yeah i think he means control panels like Helm which allows resellers to create an alias dns server.
    This can be done using the same IPs and there is no costs and it is created automatically so again no costs.
    www.Fast2Host.com Affordable, Fast and Reliable UK Hosting.
    Shared, Multidomain and Reseller Packages. Fast UK Servers.
    Windows + Linux, ASP.Net, PHP, MySQL inside our own datacenter onsite - AS48825

rslyon ! thank you to your description ,

So we can don't pay for private name server in WHM account ?

If server's admin didn't setup private name server for us , we can change an alias dns server after creat an account !!! Is it true ?

Some hosts do charge for this even though WHA set it up. We (fast2host) do not charge but it is up to them. The reason as i stated above is why we dont charge.
    But if you added your name servers within helm all it WILL NOT create the dns name servers untill Admin (the host) allows it.
    www.Fast2Host.com Affordable, Fast and Reliable UK Hosting.
    Shared, Multidomain and Reseller Packages. Fast UK Servers.
    Windows + Linux, ASP.Net, PHP, MySQL inside our own datacenter onsite - AS48825

But if you added your name servers within helm all it WILL NOT create the dns name servers untill Admin (the host) allows it.
    What's about WHM-CPanel ?