Question Best Place to Sell Domain

Where is the best place to get legit bids / buyers for your domain(s) besides an Ebay type of setting?

http://www.afternic.com/ seems to be quiet good for that.
    Another is www.sedo.com but recently it has been found that sedo has tried to sell a domain and the domain owner wasn't even aware of that.

Thanks for your help. I have been noticing that many of these charge you to list your domains and I see Sedo offers the service free, however, now you are scaring me, how can they try to sell a domain not registered to them?

Sedo and afternic
    Domain Maven

Quote Originally Posted by gamemaster
    Thanks for your help. I have been noticing that many of these charge you to list your domains and I see Sedo offers the service free, however, now you are scaring me, how can they try to sell a domain not registered to them?
    It has happened just 4-5 days back. That sedo can only answer how they tried to sell that domain.

Sedo - used them and not had any issues so far.

Sedo

Quote Originally Posted by Priyanka
    It has happened just 4-5 days back. That sedo can only answer how they tried to sell that domain.
    They don't check if the domain belongs to you before starting list it.

Ah, I see... but if you have your domain locked then what can they do really other than contact the domain owner?

I would agree www.Sedo.com is a great place to sell names i have sold over 10 in the past 6 months all for high prices.

Question

I was just wondering, does this site allow you to post domains / sites you want to sell?

i strongly recommend you sedo.com
    Kind regards

Yes, since opening this thread I have posted my domains with sedo and also found some other Forums that allow domain ads, so now it is a question of who will come through.

I recently sold a name, did not use a broker but used escrow.com for the escrow. I would recommend them to others. Simple to do, paid promptly

Sedo.com has been good for me. It's free till you make the sales

escrow.com does not handle domain trasactions in itself though right?

sedo uses an escrow, so there's really no way to scam, unless you can scam the payment somehow??

either way I think they can take the documents and get the domain back pretty easily after proving a scam

I have to mirror everyone here, clearly afternic and sedo are THE places to sell domains.

There are dozens others that you can try, but I know a lot of big boys go directly to those locations to shop.

:thumbsup

Quote Originally Posted by CartHost
    sedo uses an escrow, so there's really no way to scam, unless you can scam the payment somehow??

either way I think they can take the documents and get the domain back pretty easily after proving a scam
    sedo accepts payment via verified paypal and bank wires i think its hard to make a chargeback

on the other hand here is a nice post about selling domains
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

That post was helpful indeed, thanks.