Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • HOst gator

6 30.00%
  • Dream host

9 45.00%
  • Liquid web

5 25.00%

HOst gator, dream host, liquid web which one is best?

A. HOst gator
    B. dream host
    C.liquid web

which one is best in terms of:
    1. Vbulletin hosting
    2. Costumer Support
    3. Reliable
    4. Dedicated
    5. If I host, my site be available in China
    Note: Please independent, true information only.

For dedicated I would choose Liquid Web.
    For share hosting I heard good reviews of HostGator.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

Thanks wbpro

I am stuck with this three and also might look for go dady

Quote Originally Posted by ang2el
    Thanks wbpro

I am stuck with this three and also might look for go dady
    godaddy hosting

whoever you choose don't go with GoDaddy...

Thanks wbpro
    You are always welcome.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

GoDaddy Hosting does not have good feedback, you might want to search on them

are you in China right now? I am not sure about China network, but I am in Vietnam, and liquidweb is a bit better than HG

Actually, I have not heard of liquidweb as much as hostgator or lunarpages. As for godaddy, I know that they are a huge corporation but their services are very expensive.

I am also looking for a webhost and I too am super confused.

Well, of the 4 mentioned, I have only had an account with Dreamhost.

But from general feedback and reports, I would exclude godaddy as a host completely.

The 3 you first mentioned all have good or reasonable reputations, but Hostgator & Dreamhost are basically budget hosts.

So, if I were looking for a host with support and reliability as much more important factors than price, I would look at liquidweb first.

I don't know if there would be any difference in how the hosts would be accessed from China, but I don't see why there would be any.

Quote Originally Posted by rado1
    Actually, I have not heard of liquidweb as much as hostgator or lunarpages. As for godaddy, I know that they are a huge corporation but their services are very expensive.

I am also looking for a webhost and I too am super confused.
    Godaddy is well-known domain name registrar but their hosting service seems not good enough. Many bad complains. If you are looking for a host, I would suggest you have your own requirements first, take a look at offer section to get a list, then try to search on board about each provider, contact them several times to see how they respond. Dont go with too cheap offer if you want a stable host. Another tip is choosing a long time host, might be in business over 2 years. Nothing against new host, but it would be a bit safer

I see most folks vote for liquidweb. That is reasonable, I have no experience with them myself but if their quality is proportional to their cost, they are probably good....
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Dormouse

I don't know if there would be any difference in how the hosts would be accessed from China, but I don't see why there would be any.
    It's my understanding that the Chinese Government filters the public's internet traffic, and will sometimes block a datacenter by ip range.

I host with hostgator, and I love them. Not one complaint, friendly and reliable also. I have a shared package btw.

I was with HostGator when I was not offering web hosting myself.

They host allot of websites per server and that can sometimes result in your website being down for a few minutes every now and again but the majority of the time they were a good host. I ran a vbulletin forum and had no problems with it.

As for support there’s no point trying with there live chat because they will just make you submit an email, but apart from that they would usually respond quite quickly.

Hope that helped
    || Host3 UK Web Hosting
    || cPanel Web Hosting

I have dealt with hostgator in the past, and I am really impressed with the services they offer.

The tech support is super fast and informative, uptime was 10 times better than my last host, and everyone was very nice who helped me with my problems.

I would suggest them for hosting hands down.

For VB, Most of the shared hosts put some max query restirction, once you have good traffic, your website will become so slow, Some people say LunarPages are great for that, some don't... I had no trouble with phpBB and enhanced host (*australia based) but i have some feeling things changed with there new owner/management

it has been a long time since i have used shared hosting, now that i offer it, i assure you everyone HAS TO have some restriction on DB queries, so you should be looking for ones who declare it, and the best on in terms of that i would say.
    ---------------------------------------
    Image Hosting
    Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by illuminat1
    It's my understanding that the Chinese Government filters the public's internet traffic, and will sometimes block a datacenter by ip range.
    Yes, I was aware of that but could think of no reason why they should discriminate between these three & wanted to make it clear that I was not certain that all 3 were accessible from China.