Datapipe expirience?

Hello Everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has an expirience with Datapipe?
    Please share
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

I cannot speak directly about them but a friend of mine worked their for quite some time and now works for Choopa. He spoke highly of datapipe long after he worked their and said they were a very good company, I however do know they had a rather large downtime sometime last year but other than that have supposedly had a very good network.

Hm interesting to know Nessun
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

managed SQL

I can speak very highly of their managed SQL as I have used it to speed up two of my servers because of the ammount of resources mysql uses. I have used them for about 5 months and so far everything has been great!

Are they installing third party scripts for you ?
    Last edited by NameSniper; 11-20-2005 at 06:19 PM.
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

these guys are good
    top network, top support.

I am not sure if they have top support and service but for sure their prices are on top of rackspace,natnet and other managed providers
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

well it was not that crazy... have you checked their prices lately?

Yes how is $1500 - $2000 per month for P4 with 5 mbps bandiwdth ?
    I dont know anyone who is charging more
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

for that high bandwidth it will be expensive... rackspace is also expensive for each 1gb of transfer comparing to offers you will get here (WHT). that is why not everyone is using expensive providers for download and mirror servers.... or large image servers for busy web sites..

you need to move high-bandwidth static content to cheaper provider(s), but use front-end WWW/backend servers hosted there for best uptime, reliability and availability if it's critical for you

Well 5 mbps is about 1600 gb which is not much for a dedicated server,anyway even if i move some content away to a cheaper hsot and use only 500 gb at datapipe,they will arrely charge me much lower
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

Why are you inquiring about the company if you obviously dont seem interested in them, as well there are definatly companies that cost more and if you want true reliability you dont pay the $60 a month for a p4 like many of the deals seen here on wht. I am not insulting those companies but they are used for different things. Go price akamai and many other companies similar to them.

I was interested but when the company which is much less popular than rackspace or natnet or others in the SAME service/price range, is charging much more than they do no i am not interested anymore and you dont know my real interests so dont post your thoughs about me personaly if you dont know me and and my interests,thats not the subject of the thread
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

OK, I just found a good thread for you... rackspace vs datapipe.. opinions and suggestions..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...light=datapipe

Was not a direct insult at you, you asked for opinions on the company and your were given opinions on the company then started to insult the company. Price is not often based on "popularity" of a company but on price it cost the company to host the server added with the profit in which the company wishes to recieve. Rackspace being one of the more popular companies in that price range more then likely houses many more servers than datapipe allowing them to not only recieve specials on servers in which they are purchasing but to also purchase bandwidth in higher amounts both of which cuts the overall company costs and lowers the ability in which the company is able to sell their servers. This is why companies like ev1/servermatrix can sell their servers at a much cheaper rate then most smaller newer datacenters and in many cases still generate a larger profit.

hey guys.... you should check out their upstream connectivity usage..I bet it's no higher than 30% in peak times...

I didnt meant the "popularity" itself,under it i meant the compay size,service quality etc,we may read positive feedback about above companies much often than about datapipe and i dont have any expirience with them thats why i have asked
    Yes someone else was much more helpful when suggested to host at datapipe only the website itself and move the downlaod archive to somewhere cheaper and i have recontacted them and asked for a lower bw quote,however they didnt replied at all
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

Update,i got teh reply,will discuss the furthur details with them now
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

they can be sometimes a bit slow with the sales...

How fast they are with support requests? Thats much more important
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper

very fast... give them a call and you will see

First i have to get the final quote
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper