what's in singapore?

anything?
    I'm going there for 2 nights... what should I see?

Botanical Garden. Shopping along Orchard Road and in Marina Square. Save receipts on major purchases--you may get a refund on sales tax at customs in Changi Airport.
    Ride the MTA. The east part is mostly underground, but west part is above ground.

This is not the best time of year to see the Southern Cross, although it might be possible. It will be low in south southeast at 5:00AM, and not long after that it will be drowned out by morning twilight. You need the sky to be clear almost to the horizon, which is more likely to not happen than happen, and you need an unobstructed view to the SSE (scout out Marina Square area). You won't be able to escape light pollution, but the main stars of Crux are bright.

Night Safari

Chinatown

Little India
    OCEAN HOST
    www.ocean-host.com
    Get Online. Reach Worldwide.
    Check our uptime

Tell me about the kind of person you are (and what you like to do), and i'll suggest places for you to visit.

p.s. I'm Singaporean.
    Have you Floble'd today?

I am Malaysian (southern Malaysia) so it takes like 30 minutes to Drive to Singpaore. Depending on what you like really. If you are a computer geek, check out Sim Lim square, it is choked full of computer stuff and are all sold at really reasonable prices...

Go for the food, one good place I can recommend is http://www.makansutra.com, you can search for what you like to eat.

I know that Sentosa Island has a night life and a theme park sort of thing on it, but if that's not your style, then there is an islet that's just been left unmodernised that's apparently really tranquil. I don't remember the name of it, perhaps Knogle does.

Before you plan on anything in Singapore, make sure you know what not to do in Singapore .... It will help your vacation

No spitting
    No chewing gum
    Make sure you flush your toilet after taking big/small leak (boy, they monitor toilet too!)
    And thousands of other "No".

Singapore is a nice city/country. I've been there more than 10 times myself. If you like to shop (not me), then it would be good experience for you. The strong multicultural settings in Singapore (Malay, India, Chinese, British ...) is nice. Good is great. Tourist attractions are fine. After a while, you can exhaust quickly the list of things you can do in that country, so make sure you also cross to Malaysia. 6 hours driving from Singapore is Kuala Lumpur. Crossing the border is also alot of fun. You will imeediately see and feel the difference between KL and Malaysia. Don't miss the experience crossing the border

And, while you are waiting in the airport (one of the nicests airports in the world), do take advantage of their free internet.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

I agree, Singapore can be nice and tidy to the point of getting a little bit dull. With only two nights there, there probably isn't a need or sufficient time for a side trip. For a longer trip a side visit to Malaysia could be more interesting than spending the whole time in Singapore. Prices are also lower in Malaysia.

Ethnically Singapore is mostly Chinese, followed by Malay, followed by Indian. With such a large Muslim minority, it is a good idea to get into the habit of paying and receiving change with your right hand. Use of left hand is very impolite to the Malays.

Under the equatorial sun a hat is a good idea. Uncover your head inside a Hindu or Buddhist temple. Cover your head in a Mosque. Remove shoes before entering. If you wear sandals, I recommend light, thin socks to prevent chafing and sunburn. Dress conservatively in loose, lightweight clothing. Revealing clothing is offensive and will also lead to sunburn. Fight the heat by drinking lots of water. The tap water in Singapore is safe to drink.

If you use a film camera, you will have no trouble buying film locally and getting it processed there. Someone at your hotel can probably recommend a place for processing. There is also last-minute fast processing available at Changi Airport, but I don't know their operating hours. It may be a good idea to check on that when you arrive.

Definitely check out Boat Quay, some great food and atmosphere. And if you have some extra time during the day, check out the Raffles Hotel for High Tea (Brunch Time).
    Matt Toback .:|:. Ubersmith
    Infrastructure Automation, Billing, & Helpdesk Software
    http://www.ubersmith.com

Singapore is a nice city/country. I've been there more than 10 times myself. If you like to shop (not me), then it would be good experience for you. The strong multicultural settings in Singapore (Malay, India, Chinese, British ...) is nice. Good is great. Tourist attractions are fine. After a while, you can exhaust quickly the list of things you can do in that country, so make sure you also cross to Malaysia. 6 hours driving from Singapore is Kuala Lumpur. Crossing the border is also alot of fun. You will imeediately see and feel the difference between KL and Malaysia. Don't miss the experience crossing the border
    With 2 nights in Singapore? Don't bother. If you get caught in a Jam you'll take forever. And they are currently having some road renovations (they are always having some road renovations, stupid people) and the roads are downright confusing, even for locals (i.e me). Besides, the road conditions are really bad, most people in Malaysia can't speak decent english, and there really isn't anything to do in this dead town

Let's get some thing clear.

You can chew gum, no one will stop you. You just spit the gum out randomly. Make sure you wrap the gum up and dispose of it accordingly in a suitable bin.

Regarding the toilets, well, it's common sense. Please don't get the idea that we have toilet police who go around inspecting public toilets, because we don't! We just expect people to maintain personal and public hygeine.

Singapore has tough laws to abide by, sometimes draconian, but many times I find that people love to exaggarate them.
    Have you Floble'd today?

You sure chewing gum is allowed in Sg? Last I know, it was still banned. They might have changed to rule though, was away in Australia, not too sure....

It's possible to iceskate at Fuji Ice Palace. About the only reason for doing that is the novelty of iceskating in the tropics. They have a tendency to skimp on the refrigeration, so ice may be kind of wet. Somewhat disappointingly, the traffic control on the ice rink is just as bad as a typical American skating rink.
    (The Mines Shopping Fair ice rink at Serdang, Malaysia has even worse ice quality, but better traffic control.)