LT abuse dept. and policy

this is the second time my windows server at LT is under attack by another server on the same network trying to login and both time are from the same person that host with LT.

my question: Do LT kick people who either got a comprised server that is attacking other server on the same network or they keep hosting them. Do LT follow up and make sure the customer who got comprised server that is attacking another customer server have clean up their act or just send a warning about unplug the server and leave it.

i shouldn't suffer from LT's other customer problem and yet twice now i suffer. i understand LT provide unmanage server but i managed my server, my server never attack anyone or try to login to others server. It's like i'm a good driver and when i got hit by the drunk driver and the police (LT) just give a warning to the drunk driver and let him go and i got hit again by the same drunk driver. Am i suppose to suffer because someone was drunk and driving?

I don't want to sound bitching but i am ranting. Do LT follow up on drunk driver or LT just give them a spank and let the drunk driver keep driving and never follow up and see if they go to any AA meeting.

jesus christ! one time i understand but twice! that ain't right.

Have you reported this to LT and what did they say? If its the second time its occured I think LT would be stricter on the person, firs time they might let him off.

In the mean time, you can block that IP.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Fernandez
    Have you reported this to LT and what did they say? If its the second time its occured I think LT would be stricter on the person, firs time they might let him off.
    i did. i'm not sure what they plan to do. i did read the report ticket basically LT send another warning letter and tell the other guy to clean up his/her act.

the point is i think LT should follow up and make sure their customers clean up their act or unplug their server or something.

That's exactly what they do. They follow up, the customer has to fix the problem within the timeframe, or the box is unplugged.

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET)
    That's exactly what they do. They follow up, the customer has to fix the problem within the timeframe, or the box is unplugged.

Bailey
    That's right. You always have to provide LT an explanation of what was done to fix the issue or they will unplug.
    Follow me
    on
    twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by bithost(NET)

Bailey

It's usually 48 hours, unless they are "backlogged" Had one ip attack me, box got fixed, and then 3 days later same thing. After 2nd report, IP doesn't appear to be used. So I guess they got shutdown.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years