2gb ram.. 1200 GB bandwidth.. p4.. come in plz!

not much that i demand rite?

but first of all a request to all the PROs out there.. does it make sense for me to go for a dedicated solution considering the following:

> i run an imagehosting site which needs around 600 GB a month..
    > i run MANY moderately busy forums (if i add up "user currently online" for all forums then its around 450 users at any given time)
    > the SQL load can be considered "high" owing to the number of users..
    > the number of HITS for image hosting are around 400,000 owing to hotlinking of images
    > the sites are currently running on three servers and i wish to consolidate..

so i am mainly looking for a server with anything above 30 GB hard-disk..
    atleast 2 GB RAM (i think it shud do.. )
    p4 xx.xx
    1200 GB of bandwidth..

makes sense if i plan to go for dedicated?

PS (to providers): i need FULLY MANAGED solutions.. can i get a deal in less than 200 dollars a month? also, please clarify whether a fully managed server would mean "doing nothing and manintaining the server just as i would do a shared server" ...
    ok please dont smile.. its my first time with a dedicated server..

thx for reading!

i would say you need a dual cpu server with SCSI drives and more then 2 GB of ram so you have room to grow
    and that alone costs more then $200 per month

You should remember if you are looking for full managment + server with your needs , it will cost more than $200 / Month.
    Last edited by rotmax; 11-19-2005 at 02:37 PM.
    Rotmax - Advanced Hosting Solutions
    | Providing premium hosting since 2001.
    | http://www.rotmax.com
    | Follow us on Facebook: Rotmax-Facebook

Ask hostdime how far they extend their "Fully Managed Level 1 - Level 3" policy.
    They'll fit your needs for $195/month + $99 setup fee though, or $140/month + $549 setup fee, or $205/month with no setup fee. They might do you a deal though.

thx for quick responses people .. much appreciated

bad to know that it would cost me more than 200 per month ... i shall look at hostdime though...
    one question: is hostdime reliable? hwt have been its reviews here?

Do a search, I posted one, I'm very happy with them, their techs are excellent.

If you are looking for that level of management...and it is available, you need to specifically state that you want to run it like a shared hosting account.

Also ask for something in an SLA or list of offerings of what they offer for management.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

considering this post: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...26&postcount=5

should i go for the following specs (from a much-renowned host):
    Celeron 2.0
    + 2gb ram
    + 80gb IDE hd
    + 1300gb monthly transfer

(the above is UNMANAGED). In addition to this, i plan to take 2 services of acunett.com
    > Essential Server Setup - $85 one-time
    > AcuNett 24x7 Proactive Management - Linux - $35 setup and $65/month
    (leaving out the fortified setup... i WILL go for it as well.. but later, when i have funds.. )

i wanted to ask, considering my use of this server.. will celeron 2.0 do? would it be termed as a wise decision if i get an unmanaged server and ask acunett to manage it? i have absolutely no idea and bank on your guidance...

thx!

Quote Originally Posted by chillax
    considering this post: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...26&postcount=5

should i go for the following specs (from a much-renowned host):
    Celeron 2.0
    + 2gb ram
    + 80gb IDE hd
    + 1300gb monthly transfer

(the above is UNMANAGED). In addition to this, i plan to take 2 services of acunett.com
    > Essential Server Setup - $85 one-time
    > AcuNett 24x7 Proactive Management - Linux - $35 setup and $65/month
    (leaving out the fortified setup... i WILL go for it as well.. but later, when i have funds.. )

i wanted to ask, considering my use of this server.. will celeron 2.0 do? would it be termed as a wise decision if i get an unmanaged server and ask acunett to manage it? i have absolutely no idea and bank on your guidance...

thx!
    i'd get a dual xeon with all of your forums

thx for the advice

but i guess a dual xeon will nowhere be near 200 dollars

It will, but not managed.
    Check the offers in the dedicated offers forum.

Try checking out DedicatedNOW. They offer an "Intel Dual Core 2.8 1MB Cache" for $174.95 with $0.00 setup (you can also opt for a lower monthly fee by paying a setup fee). According to their forums, they just started offering managed services, ManagedNOW, which you should check out to see if it meets your needs.