AlexaRank.net....

Today I set up a new website: AlexaRank.net

Now rather than saying "but alexa is inaccurate and worthless", please read what I have to say and post your comments

I built this site in just a few hours today, so it has no traffic or anything yet. I only made it because I was bored at the time, and a friend who is also a statistic freak like myself, suggested it after he noticed there were loads of google pagerank sites but only one alexa rank site (maybe because alexa have their own image to display on your site?). The site doesn't seem to work anyway. So I made this one, but I'm wondering now if it is allowed after reading through Alexa's slightly confusing T&C's. I mean I see a lot of site's that generate "reports" with such details as your pagerank, alexa rank, links on google, yahoo etc. so there is no problem there.
    It's the image to display on your site I've made that I'm not too sure about, as I use the word "Alexa" on it....

What are your thoughts?

it works, add an image or something it looks bare just the ranking box, good luck

Yeah I never bothered with the layout yesterday but I've added an image now, might change it a bit later. Also changed the domain to FindMyRanking.com. I'm planning to also include google pagerank and backlink information soon.

Don't center your text; it leaves the words "search engines" just hanging in the middle of your site--out of place. Aside from that, looks good!

Yeah depending on what resolution you are using... just fixed it though, the whole page is still centred but that particular div is now aligned to the left.

Simple design, but nothing that really attracts me. Perhaps some personalization of sorts or a discussion/blog about how alexa works or why they should be curious about alexa ratings.. even a link to download alexa tool bars or plugins for firefox.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll probably add a couple of pages about Alexa and also Google once I get pagerank sorted.

I've added Google PageRank to the site, and also link popularity.

I also added a new feature where you can compare the results from 2 domains side by side

a bit slow in coming up with all the data, but everything that i want to know is there. i think i'll use AlexaRank.net rather than alexa.com lol

Nice, but is there anyway you could incorperate the daily Alexa rating? Again, I know that it Alexa is not accurate; however for the "type of people that install toolbars" demographic... it does shed some light on your traffic from that crowd. Could you add that feature?

O and perhaps make the variable for the URL manually declarable... (i.e.) http://www.alexarank.net/rankings.ph...yourdomain.com

That way someone good just book mark it? Just my $0.02
    Last edited by the_pm; 11-23-2005 at 10:16 AM.

there are many out today like this, might be next would be mine .

well google rankings have an problem.

Scot: You can manually declare the URL exactly like you just did
    And yes I can incorporate the daily alexa ranking.

And yeah for some reason it's not getting the google pagerank all of a sudden and there are no errors so thats something I'm gonna look into first.

nice and simple site you got there friend best of luck making it into a usefull tool
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Nice niche you found yourself and good overall design

Great stuff, good luck with that its a nice idea.