Thread: 0$ setup fee

0$ setup fee

any credit card processors having 0$ setup fee other than pay pal ?

Ryan Smith

There are actually quite a few merchant processors that now offer Free Setups for your merchant account & gateway. Some even offer additional incentives. Just keep in mind that the pricing, terms & conditions etc. do vary and other aspects of a merchant program can often be a lot more important than just getting a free setup.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

You should look at payquake.com .... and cdgcommerce's comments are correct. You will usually pay a monthly fee (statement fee), a gateway fee, and a monthly minimum. Payquake has a special plan for low volume users.

Be forewarned that many people will not want to pay through these alternate payment gateways. Generally speaking, the smaller they are, the less chance people will want to use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpico
    Be forewarned that many people will not want to pay through these alternate payment gateways. Generally speaking, the smaller they are, the less chance people will want to use them.

Hmmmm ... I'm not sure who your post was intended for ... but if it was to my post - you are incorrect, for two reasons:

1. Payquake uses authorize.net - a respected gateway, however see #2

2. 99% of the surfers couldn't tell you who the gateway was if you slapped them with it.

There are sites with private software and not sending you to another site to process ... there is *NO* way to know what gateway they are using. Since you never leave their site and all processing occurs in the background, you can't tell where your data went.

NOW - if you meant that if someone clicks a BUY button on a website and it takes them to "Bubba and John's billing company" to process their credit card, then YES, I would agree that customers may abort the sale.

There are many Merchat Processors offering free set up. If you need a gateway I do recommend to go with a known one like authorize.net, the reason is that you will find far more support and already made scripts for it.

Also keep in mind the rates, for internet do not accept anything higher than 2.2% discount rate for Visa and Mastercard (if you are in the US), statement fees can be around $5/month and the authorize.net $7.5/month.

If you get those rates I believe you will be ok.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com

I suppose you search a merchant account for USA citizens, right ?
    Because it is completely different for non-USA citizens...

i m a non-us citizen and i just want to accept credit cards on my website .
    in such a way that my cutomers doesnot have to register on credit card processor website
    the process shoud be simple and easy ?

Please let us know the contry of residence. You don't have to be a citizen, however is easier if you do live in the US to get a merchant account.

If you are outside of the country maybe the best solition is paypal or 2co.
    Jorge Campos | WBpro
    Web Building Professionals
    www.wbpro.com