Question Age requirements for domain registering?

Hello,
    would like to ask are there any age requirements for domain registering? My neighbour's son wants to register domain on his own name, but he is only 16. Is it possible?

I would think so although most registrars I would imagine would require someone of legal age in order for their specific terms and conditions to be legally applicable.
    Domain Maven

My 13 yr old has a few in his own name.

I not see any registrar which ask for age or ask for birthday date.

its matter of how they can pay you since childrens are not allowed to have credit cards

i have customers starting from 9yrs all the way to 18 yrs old since they visit our sales office and pay cash
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Quote Originally Posted by eglim
    I not see any registrar which ask for age or ask for birthday date.
    Most registrars assume that if you have a credit card you are of legal age(may be a false assumption)
    Domain Maven

But the person for contacts and the person for billing can be different.

i know some one who is 14 and has a domain in his name.

I think it depends on the laws of your country. If you have the right to own any asset (a house, a computer etc.), then you can own a domain name. You can even register domain names on the name of your dog! The problem is only if there is some dispute over the domain name, such as a court case or UDRP.

The issue of owner is not related to the method of payment. If you pay by credit card, you must be old enough to own a credit card, or get a permission from the credit card owner. But if your parents pay for the name, I think you can even be a baby and register a domain on your name! (or have someone register it on your name).
    Google: not obeying their own rules for meta tags "no cache, no index"... please see my personal hompage and Google's cache (linked; and by the way godaddy.com's cheating you too):
    http://www.speedy.net/uri/en/

Quote Originally Posted by Bashar
    i have customers starting from 9yrs all the way to 18 yrs old since they visit our sales office and pay cash
    9yrs?!!

yup we offer some services that suits them
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi