css question anchor tags

Hello All,

Ok I would like to change my anchor tag attributes for my images. Right now I have an orange hover link background, but I do not want that color hovering over or under my images, how do you code that? i can't seem to figure it out.

thank you

spiderfine

a img { background:none }

This tells the browser anytime it encounters an image which is linked somewhere, make sure it does not display a background. It will ignore text links, which I assume is the reason there is a background in the first place, right?
    Studio1337___̴ı̴̴̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡ ̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.__Web Design

thank you the_pm, but that did not work. i wonder why though, cuz that seemed like the most logical coding...

here's the site i'm talking about:
    christmas.inkerrville dot com

if you'll notice the images on the left hand side still has that background orange color...man this is irritating me

Im not seeing the background problem, but you could set the background to white instead of none, and remove the border in IE

a img{background-color:#fff; border:0}

Regards
    Jason

thank you digiscape,

that fixed the border in ie and the background color issue that i was asking about was also fixed in ie, but opera it's not. and i use opera, but oh well...it looks ok i guess, there's nothing more i can do...

thank you once again for your help.

spiderfine