Lightbulb Beachcomber Dedicated Server - Which Datacenter?

Hi Guys.

I'm looking at getting a dediacted server at beachcomber.

I was just wonder whats the differences like between the Fortress ITX Data Center (New Jersey) and the ThePlanet Data Center (Texas).

Here is beachcombers NOC page : beachcomber.net/NOC.shtml

Which would you recommend?

Thanks,
    Jason

I've had a server with beachcomber in the FITX DC for a little over a year now. They're a DedicatedNOW.com reseller. AFAIK the different DCs have minor equipment and bandwidth differences but are basically comparable. I'm thrilled with the FortressITX/DedNow DC and the service beachcomber has provided.

Quote Originally Posted by angst7
    I've had a server with beachcomber in the FITX DC for a little over a year now. They're a DedicatedNOW.com reseller. AFAIK the different DCs have minor equipment and bandwidth differences but are basically comparable. I'm thrilled with the FortressITX/DedNow DC and the service beachcomber has provided.
    Thanks..

Was just wondering about the peering links cause FITX DC has less bandwidth providers ..

I am going to Assume your from Hong Kong so I am going to think FITX maybe better for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DHS
    I am going to Assume your from Hong Kong so I am going to think FITX maybe better for you.
    Hi, thanks for the reply/

LOL, No i am from South Africa.

Here is our main backbone's network topology to the world.

saix.net/diagrams/ipnet_jul05.pdf

And our second provider is UUNET.

Maybe that will help better

Thanks,
    Jason

I know The Planet has bandwidth from UUNet, and so does the Fortress ITX apparently from reading their site. Going by that alone, I'd say New Jersey would best for you latency-wize. In reality though, they both perform about the same I would think.
    Can you be scared half to death twice?

Quote Originally Posted by fromage
    I know The Planet has bandwidth from UUNet, and so does the Fortress ITX apparently from reading their site. Going by that alone, I'd say New Jersey would best for you latency-wize. In reality though, they both perform about the same I would think.
    Thanks...

Latency wise goesnt bother me much we get high pings to international in anycase 350+ on our "DSL"

Because the Fortress ITX only has 2 bandwidth providers (well as far sa i can see) is that ever a problem? Like do they go own and are they congested a lot?

Because of the Planet has 6 or so wouldn't it be better?

Thanks for the help, Jason

Quote Originally Posted by jasonhk
    Thanks...

Latency wise goesnt bother me much we get high pings to international in anycase 350+ on our "DSL"

Because the Fortress ITX only has 2 bandwidth providers (well as far sa i can see) is that ever a problem? Like do they go own and are they congested a lot?

Because of the Planet has 6 or so wouldn't it be better?

Thanks for the help, Jason
    Actually we have 3 with a 4th on its way, and our network has never been saturated.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jayglate
    Actually we have 3 with a 4th on its way, and our network has never been saturated.
    Cool Thanks,

Are your servers fully managed?