Why Cheaper & Bigger Unmanaged VPS by Data Centers Is Not Popular Here?

At first I was trying to find a reseller like ResellerZoom in order to become a web hosting reseller. But after posting an unanswered question in their forum and their forum is now not available for public viewing, I decided to be independent and look for my own VPS instead of becoming a sub reseller of another reseller. Anyway, I have nothing against ResellerZoom. That is a separate issue which I think is a blessing in disguise.

Now, after doing some research, there are 3 VPS providers (i.e. Servint, Spry, and Godaddy) that I would like to ask WHT members opinions later in another thread as I will do the comparison of their plans - their advantages and disadvantages.

But here in this thread I would like to know why cheaper VPS offered by very big hosting companies that have their own data centers are not often mentioned here in this forum. I noticed that they are about US$10 to US$15 cheaper than the one offered by often mentioned VPS hosters in this forum. For example, look at NAC's cheapest VPS which is selling at US$39 per month and additional space of only 50 cent per GB.

May I know the reasons why they are not popular here in this forum?

Is it because they are unmanaged? Do we have to install php, mySQL, Perl, and basic stuffs for web servers on our own? Is it very difficult to install them? Or are they actually very expensive because we have to pay about US$10 per month for CPanel which actually make their price about the same as (or more expensive than) the one offered by Servint, Spry, Godaddy, etc.

Price isn't everything. For managed VPS, you should look for good support and reliable network. Unfortunately those aspects are unknown until you become a customer for a few months (6+). Luckily WHT can help. The popular VPS companies here have already accumulated loyal customers.

GoDaddy is trash don't even think about getting a VPS there.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

You might not have noticed this, but WHT is very big on small, independent hosts. The reason probably is because of the hosts flexibility with customers which a lot of times equals better support. There are some big one's here, but the big one's have so many customers that they'd need a separate forum just for the host's customers. That's actually why I like this site. A lot of people know about the big boys, but sometimes you want to go with a smaller company.

People who can afford dedicated boxes can usually afford admin services if something gets over their head. They can risk their limited skill set against savings in dollars. People who get VPSs tend to be less 'server management' level and more small business/ large personal user type. For them saving $10.00 on an unmanaged VPS makes no sense when they will easily get $10.00 out of the host support toward the management of their VPS.
    BeDifferentSolutions | "For when Indian-based solutions just won't do."
    *We hire, train and manage extremely skilled technical support employees for your business*
    US and European Based Representatives | Dedicated and Semi-Dedicated Options | Level 1/2/3 Skillsets
    Expertise Since 1999 | www.bedifferentsolutions.com | info@bedifferentsolutions.com

www.solarvps.com are very good.