Please Help, Beachcomber.net Hosting - Canadian IPs Blocked!

http://www.gossiprocks.com/ is the site, any IPs from Canada are currently blocked. It seems to be an issue with the firewall as I spoke to a tech support agent who disabled it for second, I was able to access the site. But when it was re-enabled I couldn't get on.

This has occured a few times over the past few days, I'm guessing they upgraded their firewall or added a new setting? Don't know, as I'm quite new to this web hosting stuff.

As of the time of this post, I'm still not able to access the website. I've opened up a ticket as recommended, but there are quite a few members who use my site who are from Canada...

This isn't really a complain, but I need some opinions or experiences with this sort of thing. BeachComber has been very good with me so far, and their service has been amazing, and their tech support *very* fast and polite. It's 12:30 AM, EST and there was a tech support agent nearby .

The site is fine from everywhere, but Canada it seems.

Smile

I am in Canada now and it loads to me, perhaps it is blocking a particular ISP in Canada?

It's down from here. (UK)

Edit: I get a reply if I ping the domain, but if I try to visit it the site doesn't resolve.

Im in Canada as well and its working fine
    Web2.0 Hosting Directory WH-D.com Empowering our users!

Well, I can't get on and I admin the site (a quite large forum) I use Rogers Cable...

Edit: I get a reply if I ping the domain, but if I try to visit it the site doesn't resolve.
    Yes, this happens with me to. It seems that it can resolve the IP address, but can't actually get to the site.

There's someone working on it now, but it just seems weird.

Your host should remove the blocking of ISP. They should be able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cnv
    Your host should remove the blocking of ISP. They should be able to do it.
    I gave the tech support my IP, and he unblocked it, but it didn't work between that time either

Hmm thats wierd, as your provider, they should be able to find what the problem is.

Just tried to access it from here with the IP address and I can't resolve that to the site from here either. Tried accessing it from a test server we have at The Planet and that can resolve the IP and the domain.

Yeah, I used www.proxify.com and I can see the site (It connects to sites using a proxy)

I realize things take time, so I'm waiting on the tech support to see if they can resolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiren
    I realize things take time, so I'm waiting on the tech support to see if they can resolve it.
    Be sure to let us know what the problem was when they find it, I'm curious now.

The tech support agent on duty seems to think it's an issue with the firewall. He just tried changing some settings, but it didn't work either.

This isn't exactly a 'bad review' for BeachComber, besides this I have been beyond pleased with their service and plans.

Even now, it's almost 1 am and there's a techie working on it

1:21 PM, it's back up. No response from the yet. FLH-Willie, could you please test it? To make sure it's not just my IP (I emailed tech my IP) that's been enabled, but that the actual issue has been resolved?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiren
    1:21 PM, it's back up. No response from the yet. FLH-Willie, could you please test it? To make sure it's not just my IP (I emailed tech my IP) that's been enabled, but that the actual issue has been resolved?
    I can see it now.

Hurray! Praise Steve the tech support guy

hmmm...just tested it on Alertra.com

http://img476.imageshack.us/img476/5...titled17fw.gif

over 6 second access times?

Was the firewall blocking your IP address?

I'm not sure. They just said they had to change some settings on the firewall.

Kiren,

Try doing a traceroute next time from your own machine and you will see where it stops. If it stops one hop before the server then your IP is blocked on the firewall.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

Thanks for the tip, how do I do a traceroute? The one from the cPanel isn't working, and I can't access it when it's down

Quote Originally Posted by MH-Gary
    Kiren,

Try doing a traceroute next time from your own machine and you will see where it stops. If it stops one hop before the server then your IP is blocked on the firewall.
    I ran tracerts and also pinged the server, there was a response every time.

If it was an IP block on the server then it's a bit of a coincidence that they also blocked my home IP (UK) when I have no dealings with the company.

If your running windows ...

Start --> Run

Type "command" or "cmd"

Then a window will be up, now ...

Type "tracert domain.com" or "tracert x.x.x.x"
    It's Scott!