NameCheap issue.

Name cheap gave me this stupid error not letting me log in. I sent them an email a while ago, and they didn't respond. This also may be the cause for my domain name loss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the subdomains are down, sometimes they aren't. I think this is really stupid. If anyone else has this problem, please let me know.

For security reasons, this account has been locked due to too many failed login tries. The user name will be enabled after 12/12/2099 EST. If you think this is an error please email us using the same email address currently on your account to have your account enabled.

I'd like to emphasize "12/12/2099 EST." Now this is a totally bogus error.

Also, the root servers don't have A records.
    Last edited by SNOWmanx; 11-17-2005 at 09:33 PM.

i found this page and signed up just to rant :

FIX THE ISSUE OR TELL US WHAT IS WRONG!

I'm having issues not similar to above (whoisguard is botched up and a few other issues). So I'm guessing all hell broke loose on their servers or on the server we're sitting on. But, they won't say anything !

enetwork posted in another thread somewhere they're having a DOS issue. I will
    not be surprised if that's causing the problems you're having.

namecheap emailed me saying they are having a DOS attack and that is the reason why why parked page does not show up.

I have forwared my domain -- which works.

makes me think -- i should have gone with dodaddy

SnowManx,

If you are getting that message that means the account was locked or placed on hold by our fraud department.

If you PM your username I will take a look into it for you.

vj135,

The parking page issue was fixed days ago. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.

DomainsGuy,

If someone from our staff has not replied to you, please pm me the details and I will also look into your issue for you.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

I'm sorry namecheap owner dude. You won't accept pms... talk to me on aim: xfrostwindx

Quote Originally Posted by enetwork
    SnowManx,

If you are getting that message that means the account was locked or placed on hold by our fraud department.

If you PM your username I will take a look into it for you.

vj135,

The parking page issue was fixed days ago. We apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.

DomainsGuy,

If someone from our staff has not replied to you, please pm me the details and I will also look into your issue for you.
    SnowMax,

I registered an other domain thru namecheap "doppalapudi.org"

It does not show my parked page. Instead i get this:

"""We're sorry, but we were unable to process the redirection request for the site you are attempting to access.

If you feel that you are receiving this message in error, please check the URL and try your request again.

W1"

pl help me out.

thanks

Hello,

The domain doppalapudi.org is re-directing to our standard parking page. We recently switched it to new server so you might encounter some hick ups for a few days.

I'm not sure why you mention snomanx but in his situation he was advised that his account was closed and transactions cancelled due to providing a false or incorrect phone number. Also his ip address did not match up so our fraud prevention team decided it was too much of a risk and closed the account.

Please email us at support@namecheap.com or PM here if you have any further issues.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com

since the issue is resolved -- THANKS THANKS THANKS

I will try and delete my other post -- so other people will not have the wrong impression of namecheap.

Thanks for responding quickly otherwise i would have switched to someother registrar.

Quote Originally Posted by enetwork
    Hello,

The domain doppalapudi.org is re-directing to our standard parking page. We recently switched it to new server so you might encounter some hick ups for a few days.

I'm not sure why you mention snomanx but in his situation he was advised that his account was closed and transactions cancelled due to providing a false or incorrect phone number. Also his ip address did not match up so our fraud prevention team decided it was too much of a risk and closed the account.

Please email us at support@namecheap.com or PM here if you have any further issues.
    one more request:

swaasa.com -- i had it re-direct before to someother page. Now i have changed the settings to the parked page.

http://park-your-domain.com this is all i need in the all hosts record to have it automatically redirect to my parked page to their 'respective domains" -- am i right here.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vj135
    one more request:

swaasa.com -- i had it re-direct before to someother page. Now i have changed the settings to the parked page.

http://park-your-domain.com this is all i need in the all hosts record to have it automatically redirect to my parked page to their 'respective domains" -- am i right here.

thanks
    Yes, that is correct.
    Richard Kirkendall
    NameCheap.com