Accidentally Deleted Mozilla Profile

Hey everyone,

My honest disclaimer: I had been awake three days. Anywho, here's the story. My Mozilla froze up so I just did an "End Task" on it and attempted to re-load it. It came back up to a profile screen and said that the current user was still in use, and it gave me an option to create a new profile (other than the "default" profile that I've been using for the past couple years.) Well, instead of creating a new profile, I accidentally hit "remove profile" -- yet I selected the option to "Keep Files" rather than wiping them all out. I'm curious if the "files" are bookmarks, and if so, how the hell do I get my 3000 + bookmarks back? I even went so far as to do an XP System Restore to the previous day, to try and get my bookmarks back, but it just didn't work. Anybody have any suggestions? I feel so stupid....I don't know why I work on my machines when I've had very little sleep.
    | John Edel Jetfire Networks L.L.C. Trusted Hosting Solutions
    | Consistent, Reliable, Stable OpenVZ & KVM Virtual Private Servers
    | SpamWall AV & Full SMTP Filtering
    Now an SSLStore Titanium Partner!

Also, I attempted to search for a favorites directory in the Mozilla folder, but I didn't see it....unless it's called something else.

This is really wierd! I had the same exact thing happen to me last night, only difference it was Mozilla Firefox. It froze up and I did the three finger salute to close it and tried to reload it but ran into the profile screen just like you did. Everything went exactly as it did for you and then I deleted my profile and it wiped out my favorites as well. In my case, it's not a big deal since I use IE with the Crazy Browser skin as my default browser anyway. What worries me is this has never happened to me before and I have never heard of it happening to anyone else until now. I hope we didn't pick up some strange new virus or malware/spyware.
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

When this happens, you need to 3 finger salute and then click on processes. And then terminate the firefox.exe process. Then try to open it and you won't hit that screen :-) Also should look into 'sessionsaver' extension.

But does anyone know how Catfished and I can get our fav's back...?

The bookmarks in firefox are stored in an HTMl file. C:\documents and settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\weirdfoldername\bookmarks.html

If your bookmarks are there, that is how you get to them. BTW, my weird folder name is 'izchefc2.default'

Kevin

How about in regular old Mozilla?