Multiple Domains and Main E-mail Account

For my main e-mail account, I have always used my hosting companies web based email and one of my domains i.e. user@mydomain.com but have avoided using Outlook because I was unable to back up and save the e-mails for some reason and it crashed my PC at one point and I lost everything not only e-mails.

I have always avoided using my ISP email account as my main account due to the fact that I tend switch ISPs often. I have also avoided using something like hotmail.com or yahoo mail.

Now, I find myself moving hosting companies, SoI am wondering what the best way for me to set up my main e-mail and any other accounts for my mulitple domains?

Thanks!
    Rock Brothers Multi Media Advertising and Productions
    All American Bikini Team Network of Promotional Model Bikini Teams

Most of Hosting Company's providing both services with multiple account. You can check the hosting offer section and also search there.
    + Sukha
    + Shared Hosting - 99.9% Uptime Guaranteed
    + 24x7x365 Technical Support - Cheap, Reliable and Affordable Hosting Plans
    + http://www.hostingconcept.net

Quote Originally Posted by hostingconcept
    Most of Hosting Company's providing both services with multiple account. You can check the hosting offer section and also search there.
    I am not really sure what that means...but thanks!

What I'd like to know is...what's the best way to set up my main e-mail and handle the other e-mail accounts for mulitple domains if I want the freedom to switch hosting companies and/or ISPs without missing and/or losing an email?

In that case, I would set up a web-based account. You may not want a Hotmail account as your official mail address.. but there are others.
    Personally, I use Spamcop.net - it has the additional benefit that it effectively takes care of spam.

PS: and of course you can have other accounts re-direct to that account to simplify your life. THat is what I do.
    Web Hosting Reviews — based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Nadabrahma
    In that case, I would set up a web-based account. You may not want a Hotmail account as your official mail address.. but there are others.
    Personally, I use Spamcop.net - it has the additional benefit that it effectively takes care of spam.
    Tried using a web based e-mail account similar to what you are discribing. The problem I had, if I recall correctly, was that some did not accept it as legit when signing up for certain services and/or affiliate programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadabrahma
    PS: and of course you can have other accounts re-direct to that account to simplify your life. THat is what I do.
    We have 50 domains and set up an e-mail user i.e. webmaster@domain1.com Well, currently once we set up a user name i.e. "webmaster" as in this case, then all 50 domains now have the user name "webmaster" set up for them. Therefore, if we wanted to seperate out "webmaster@domain2.com" for example and have it redirected elsewhere, we could not do it with our current provider and plan. This is one of the reasons we are searching for alternate hosting at this time, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RockBros
    Tried using a web based e-mail account similar to what you are discribing. The problem I had, if I recall correctly, was that some did not accept it as legit when signing up for certain services and/or affiliate programs.

We have 50 domains and set up an e-mail user i.e. webmaster@domain1.com Well, currently once we set up a user name i.e. "webmaster" as in this case, then all 50 domains now have the user name "webmaster" set up for them. Therefore, if we wanted to seperate out "webmaster@domain2.com" for example and have it redirected elsewhere, we could not do it with our current provider and plan. This is one of the reasons we are searching for alternate hosting at this time, as well.
    RockBros,

1). You are correct, many commerce sites do not accept free email accounts. Do you have a home or office DSL or cable connection? You could use that as your primary email account. Of course, if you ever switch primary ISP's, then you have a problem.

2). Email forwarders (where you can have a specific email address on your hosting account forward to another address) are pretty much a standard feature these days. You could certainly just create one or more free email accounts and then have "webmaster@xxx.com" mail accounts forward to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariel74
    RockBros,
    2). Email forwarders (where you can have a specific email address on your hosting account forward to another address) are pretty much a standard feature these days. You could certainly just create one or more free email accounts and then have "webmaster@xxx.com" mail accounts forward to them.
    I currently run into a problem when sending not receiving.

For example, If I forward multiple e-mail addresses i.e. "webmaster@domain2.com" thru "webmaster@domain50.com" to "webmaster@domain1.com", then I get an email for "webmaster@domain22.com"; I want to be able to reply from "webmaster@domain22.com" NOT be forced to reply from "webmaster@domain1.com".

Does that make any sense?

Sounds like what you need is a hosting provider that has IMAP. This way you can download to your computer all of your emails to outlook, outlook express or thunderbird. With IMAP your email remains on the server... once you open the email on your desktop, then it shows as being open on your server. In addition, if you move an email in either the server (webmail) or on the desktop to another folder, it moves in both places.

Also, if you change hosting companies, IMAP will store the email on your desktop.... when you get to the new company remake the folders on the server, and sync with the desktop... your emails are there. If your desktop crashes, your emails are still on the server... in addition, if you are on the road (do not have a laptop) you can still get your emails via webmail.

This is all very simple to setup, once you play with it for a while. I've been online for years and just found the power of IMAP this year.

Outlook will allow you to "send as" different email accounts....

If you want to pay for email a good source is: http://www.emailaddresses.com/forum/ I use everyone.net, but several companies on the link I posted will do what you need.

Also, offtopic, you really need to start backing up your desktop.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!