Hostnexus Problems

Hello everyone! This is my first post here. I'm posting here because i've seen people giving Hostnexus good reviews and i see some of the hostnexus tech guys.

I've been with them since April 2005, and in that time i've had atleast 17 tickets (a few online support sessions too). The tickets range from problems logging into Plesk, "DNS problems", email corruption, and the Server going down.

I've tried to stay patient but the server we are on has been up and down for the last 3 days. Is anyone else having these problems? Can someone from hostnexus explain what the problem is or can you help me out? With almost every ticket i ask why this keeps happening and i'm givin the same "This will not happen again, it was a minor problem".

This was a response from the support team yesterday

Hello,

The hadron server is working perfectly alright now. We are going to make the hadron sever a stable one.

There will be no problems for the server after making it to a stable one.

Thank for using our services.

Regards,
    Windows Sysadmin
    http://www.hostnexus.com

My only question to this is ... WHY are they keeping us on "SOON TO BE" stable server. This doesn't make any sense too me.

Its always a good idea to make the server stable before you put clients on it. Not sure what they are doing.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 11-18-2005 at 04:40 AM.

he didn't mention it's a new server, and there is not "stable server" that can be online 100% time.

Quote Originally Posted by HostForAsia
    he didn't mention it's a new server, and there is not "stable server" that can be online 100% time.
    Its not a new server, atleast i don't think it is. And i understand that a server cannot be up 100% of the time. But how can the same email accounts become "corrupt" 3 times in 1 week. How can a server go down 3 different times in 3 days.

I see that the tech's signature has "Windows Sysadmin" in it. Is this a Windows server?

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    I see that the tech's signature has "Windows Sysadmin" in it. Is this a Windows server?
    Why, are windows servers suppose to be less stable?

Quote Originally Posted by SJRHosting.com
    Its always a good idea to make the server stable before you put clients on it. Not sure what they are doing.
    Sometimes a server can become unstable. Various factors can cause that, and it's not always a simple thing to quickly nail down.

Sounds to me that they are delaying purposely. The server should have been setup, secured, and "stable" before being released to the public.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 11-18-2005 at 04:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yash-JH
    No Yash, this is certainly not what I meant. I simply wanted to know what was the type of server that HostNexus has trouble with, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Yash-JH
    I don't see where the user stated anything in regards to server stability, are you coming to this assumption yourself?
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Quote Originally Posted by commit1Anthony
    Sounds to me that they are delaying purposely. The server should have been setup, secured, and "stable" before being released to the public.
    It's not a new server. It's an existing server that developed issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    Yup, its a windows server.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bob
    Sometimes a server can become unstable. Various factors can cause that, and it's not always a simple thing to quickly nail down.
    I agree, but 6 months is a bit long ... no? Or atleast move me to a "stable" server.

When i posted this note i signed up at easymonitor.com just to check it. I'm not sure how accurate it is but the latest one was correct, all my sites were down again.
    Here are the results from the last day.

Date Description Duration

11/18/05 09:16 No reply 20 minutes
    11/18/05 06:36 No reply 45 minutes
    11/17/05 19:47 No reply 51 minutes
    11/17/05 12:01 No reply 19 minutes

For an uptime of 86.77%.
    This is it for me, i'll be moving away from hostnexus unless they do somethin drastic in the next couple of days.

Come on,, How many windows users are not famailar with the "Blue Screen of DEATH".

I'm sure they are working on it ...

Yes they have problems now.

Some days ago i begin with they a reseller in cpanel, and at the time have problems with some pluses, principal is a dedicated ip is not dedicated really ( whois.sc shows 301 sites ) and other about a integtated program.

In plesk no problems with them, but at the moment i not put my cistomers in cpanel as i think in first place. I give they some days to fix it... or choose the hard way.

For an uptime of 86.77%.
    You take 2 days worth of outage and calculate the uptime on that? That what if I take 5 minutes of downtime out of 5 minutes and call it 100% downtime?

Its not a new server, atleast i don't think it is. And i understand that a server cannot be up 100% of the time. But how can the same email accounts become "corrupt" 3 times in 1 week. How can a server go down 3 different times in 3 days.
    Wake up, you are on a shared server. They fix something, someone else on that server crashes it, then they fix it again, then it crashes again. Take a while to find out what exactly is the problem, and if it is another client, they might have to contact him and all...

I've spoken with Hostnexus' owner before (Lawrence, I hope I still remember), and he is a really nice guy who seems to know what he is doing. I am pretty confident he'll get things sorted out as fast as anyone else can

you should get a host tracker on it... Then you can either cancel your account or demand refund

All I can say is Host Nexus Host Nexus Host Nexus. Lets just wait for Lawrence to reply to this thread. This should be quite interesting as he tends to have great replies full of spunk!
    data center directory - The comprehensive data center resource. Version 2.0 coming soon!

I think Laurence is very busy now.

I am pleased for his plesk service, but at the moment my cpanel is unusuable.

I sign for the sitestudio and the dedicated ip forum, and are not working....

Well, we w8 news some days more.

Hello all.

The thread is starter is correct that our Hadron server has developed some issues in the past week. The filesystem in d:\ was corrupt and that was fixed but we are still seeing the server crash regularly. There are daily outages due to this but we are working to fix the issue. We monitor everything heavily so if a server goes down we know within a few minutes and then it depends on how quick the DC can reboot.

Apart from this our Windows service has really progressed well. It's been a tough year of learning experiences with Plesk for Windows but the new 7.5.4 is quite excellent. As for Hadron, we can move anyone off that server and onto one of the newer servers - just put in the request and we'll take care of that.

Licantropo - my apologies. I completely forgot about setting up SiteStudio for you and our new Cpanel admin hasn't been trained in SiteStudio yet so completely my fault. I'll fix that up for you right now. Nothing wrong with the IP you were assigned though. You requested a dedicated IP on a different Class C block and that is what you received.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

Quote Originally Posted by freak
    You take 2 days worth of outage and calculate the uptime on that? That what if I take 5 minutes of downtime out of 5 minutes and call it 100% downtime?
    I know, i was just trying to make a point. And the server going down isn't the only problem i've had, i've also had email accounts go corrupt multiple times.

Wake up, you are on a shared server. They fix something, someone else on that server crashes it, then they fix it again, then it crashes again. Take a while to find out what exactly is the problem, and if it is another client, they might have to contact him and all...
    Does this mean i don't deserve a stable server? I don't mind the occasional outage, but when its combined with DNS and email problems ...

Quote Originally Posted by NexDog
    Apart from this our Windows service has really progressed well. It's been a tough year of learning experiences with Plesk for Windows but the new 7.5.4 is quite excellent. As for Hadron, we can move anyone off that server and onto one of the newer servers - just put in the request and we'll take care of that.
    Thank you for your reply. I have sent you an email about this already, but just in case anyone else in the same position would like to know.

How do i put in a request for a change? Do i submit a ticket to the support team?

Also, if you know you are having problems with the Hadron server why not move everyone to the newer servers? This just makes your service look bad in my opinion.

I replied to your email so please email our windows support team and they will move you. Hadron isn't in that bad a state where everyone needs to be migrated off but we would definitely go that route if we had to.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

No problem Laurence, you are one of the best guys here and solved my needs perfectly.

My solution was put in other place the invision forum, but you are one for the top5. If you sometime put helm or direct admin, sayme... y have in other places but like your nivel of service.

I know, i was just trying to make a point. And the server going down isn't the only problem i've had, i've also had email accounts go corrupt multiple times.
    But your point doesn't make sense. By making points that doesn't make sense, it just make you look stupid...

Does this mean i don't deserve a stable server? I don't mind the occasional outage, but when its combined with DNS and email problems ...
    Yea, you just have to accept the fact that hosts, no matter how good they are will encounter problems. One thing seperating good hosts from bad hosts is that good hosts work hard to fix their problems and come out alive, wheareas bad hosts dissapear...

freak is right :-)

1 application in windows can make it crash :-)

One of the solutions I've always seen is to restore the OS and add another hours, plenty of hours of downtime :-)

Atleast, you have hostnexus that is always there to stay and support you :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

But your point doesn't make sense. By making points that doesn't make sense, it just make you look stupid...

Yea, you just have to accept the fact that hosts, no matter how good they are will encounter problems. One thing seperating good hosts from bad hosts is that good hosts work hard to fix their problems and come out alive, wheareas bad hosts dissapear...
    Yes all hosts have there problems! It is good that customers are starting to understand this! At least I think they are!
    data center directory - The comprehensive data center resource. Version 2.0 coming soon!

Yes all hosts have there problems! It is good that customers are starting to understand this! At least I think they are!
    I != all customers