Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1

    Question Httpme versus Idologic, which one is better for an European reseller?

    I am looking for a hosting reseller and after reviewing all top hosts, I stopped at Httpme and Idologic. Both seem OK to me, and reviews are mostly positive.
    I will appreciate any comments that would help me made the decision. Thanks!

  2. #2
    I have a reseller account at Idologic and I am very happy with them.

    The servers are very reliable, there is rarely any downtime.

    As for the support, most of my support requests are answered in 15-30 minutes with a meaningful response.

    If you want to know anything specific, please let me know.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    AriNorth, may we know a site that you have with them, to validate your review? If you don't what to make it public, you can simply send it to the moderators http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=3496413

    Thank you.

  4. #4
    Hi Dan,

    Somehow I knew you were going to ask that, although I am a bit suprised that you asked since Idologic is a well known host with a great reputation on WHT. And of course, they are also on your site has "honnest hosts".

    That being said, I have used the link you provided to provide the site to the moderators.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    24,009
    Quote Originally Posted by AriNorth
    Somehow I knew you were going to ask that, although I am a bit suprised that you asked since Idologic is a well known host with a great reputation on WHT. And of course, they are also on your site has "honnest hosts".
    Dan's not asking to validate Idologic. He's asking to validate you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    It's nothing against you AriNorth, nor against Idologic. We're doing these checks rutinely and indiscriminately, as a way to enforce a rule that we have here:

    Participants may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services.
    That being said, I have used the link you provided to provide the site to the moderators.
    I can't find your report. Please, can you resend it and/or contact me by PM? Thank you.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by soulshine
    I am looking for a hosting reseller and after reviewing all top hosts, I stopped at Httpme and Idologic. Both seem OK to me, and reviews are mostly positive.
    I will appreciate any comments that would help me made the decision. Thanks!
    I highly recommend HTTPme.com. A quick visit to their public forums will reveal a thriving community of happy customers.

    Also, visit their status page (status.httpme.com) and click on the alertra links to get an idea of uptime. They also have server load stats listed so you can see how they manage their servers, etc...

    They also have a good "upgrade path" to either a fully managed VPS or fully managed dedicated server, so you can grow with them as your business becomes successful.



    With regards to which is better for European reseller... I would say that it doesn't matter as long as the bandwidth is very high quality and ping times are not noticeably slow. HTTPme uses mzima bandwidth, which is pretty good. I'm sure they'll give some sample domains to ping if you ask them.

    It's also worth noting that they have direct access to their own servers in their LA datacenter, so they don't rely on someone else to go and click "reboot" when needed.
    Last edited by mrzippy; 11-17-2005 at 11:27 PM.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Hanoi
    Posts
    4,306
    Quote Originally Posted by soulshine
    I am looking for a hosting reseller and after reviewing all top hosts, I stopped at Httpme and Idologic. Both seem OK to me, and reviews are mostly positive.
    I will appreciate any comments that would help me made the decision. Thanks!
    If I am correctly, Httpme.com is using facility of One Wilshire building in LA, that might be better for Asia, Australia. We are using the same DC with Idologic, and our customers in UK are happy. So, I would go with Idologic.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc
    It's nothing against you AriNorth, nor against Idologic. We're doing these checks rutinely and indiscriminately, as a way to enforce a rule that we have here:



    I can't find your report. Please, can you resend it and/or contact me by PM? Thank you.
    Don't worry Dan, I wasn't taking it personally.. I was just surprised. I thought those checks were dont mostly when things looked suspicous and not as a standard practice. In any case, I sent you a PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    Thank you AriNorth for your understanding and cooperation. I can confirm that the website you shared with me is indeed hosted by Idologic.

  11. #11
    Many thanks for all the comments!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by gate2vn
    If I am correctly, Httpme.com is using facility of One Wilshire building in LA, that might be better for Asia, Australia. We are using the same DC with Idologic, and our customers in UK are happy. So, I would go with Idologic.
    While I do not know about Idologic's network, a quick check shows they have boxes in Atlanta, which is the other side of the country, than Los Angeles. Yes, HTTPme.com occupies space in the One Wilshire facility. Having said that, I've heard many nice things about Idologic.

    -Steven
    http://www.insiderhosting.com
    BGP Blend of Telia, GTT, Zayo, and Cogent in One Wilshire, Los Angeles!
    True Definition of Managed Hosting
    Proudly Offering Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Co-location

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,123
    Well, I guess to find out who's the best for yourself, you'd have to set parameters that are important to you and do a "who's better at that for me" list

    httpme is a fine company indeed.

    I think your question though is "which one can get packets fast to Europe"? Maybe? If so, I happen to be in Europe at the moment and am getting excellent ping times to both us as well as httpme:

    Pingen naar idologic.com [69.61.32.11] met 32 byte gegevens:

    Antwoord van 69.61.32.11: bytes=32 tijd=127 ms TTL=45
    Antwoord van 69.61.32.11: bytes=32 tijd=127 ms TTL=45
    Antwoord van 69.61.32.11: bytes=32 tijd=129 ms TTL=45
    Antwoord van 69.61.32.11: bytes=32 tijd=131 ms TTL=45

    Ping-statistieken voor 69.61.32.11:
    Pakketten: verzonden = 4, ontvangen = 4, verloren = 0
    (0% verlies).De gemiddelde tijd voor het uitvoeren van één bewerking in mill
    iseconden:
    Minimum = 127ms, Maximum = 131ms, Gemiddelde = 128ms
    Pingen naar httpme.com [64.235.243.124] met 32 byte gegevens:

    Antwoord van 64.235.243.124: bytes=32 tijd=172 ms TTL=46
    Antwoord van 64.235.243.124: bytes=32 tijd=170 ms TTL=46
    Antwoord van 64.235.243.124: bytes=32 tijd=182 ms TTL=46
    Antwoord van 64.235.243.124: bytes=32 tijd=170 ms TTL=46

    Ping-statistieken voor 64.235.243.124:
    Pakketten: verzonden = 4, ontvangen = 4, verloren = 0
    (0% verlies).De gemiddelde tijd voor het uitvoeren van één bewerking in mill
    iseconden:
    Minimum = 170ms, Maximum = 182ms, Gemiddelde = 173ms

    Basically what I'm trying to say is that "network distance" is not 100% related to "geographical distance". It all depends on how the packets flow


    Re. our datacenter, we're in GlobalCompass in our own racks, switches, etc.
    www.idologic.com - Reseller, VPS and dedicated hosting - Friendly Customer Service - DirectAdmin - cPanel - InterWorx

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    972
    When you say you are looking for European reseller, are you looking for a:

    (a) European-owned reseller hosting company
    (b) provider with servers located in Europe
    (c) provider serving the European market
    (d) All of the above :-)

    While great answers have already been given, I think this may narrow things down even more perhaps.

    Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by niyogi
    When you say you are looking for European reseller, are you looking for a:

    (a) European-owned reseller hosting company
    (b) provider with servers located in Europe
    (c) provider serving the European market
    (d) All of the above :-)

    While great answers have already been given, I think this may narrow things down even more perhaps.

    Roj
    (C) Thanks!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by idologic_dh
    Well, I guess to find out who's the best for yourself, you'd have to set parameters that are important to you and do a "who's better at that for me" list

    httpme is a fine company indeed.

    I think your question though is "which one can get packets fast to Europe"? Maybe? If so, I happen to be in Europe at the moment and am getting excellent ping times to both us as well as httpme:






    Basically what I'm trying to say is that "network distance" is not 100% related to "geographical distance". It all depends on how the packets flow


    Re. our datacenter, we're in GlobalCompass in our own racks, switches, etc.
    Many thanks for the info! Do you accept PayPal?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Asheville, NC
    Posts
    292
    We have done business with Idologic in the past. They keep their contracts and pay their bills. A well run and ethical company. I would go with them.
    TeleSouth Network Inc.
    Dedicated and Managed Servers
    11 years of Service and Support with Excellence
    http://www.telesouth1.com/dedicated.php

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    53
    Re your PayPal question, the best route (so as not to get into lots of Idologic specific questions on WHT ) probably is to just use the Pre-Sales Inquiry form here.

    http://idologic.com/company/talk_to_us.php

    It is pretty ironic that you happened to ask about speed from Europe on a week when DH happens to be in the Netherlands.
    Honest, fair and to the point.
    Quality reseller hosting: http://www.idologic.com/
    Cerberus helpdesk included with your reseller account! ClientExec or WhoisCart available!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    550
    I have a reseller account at idologic. It's just for personal projects but I haven't had any issues. Only been with them a little over a month though. Domain: eiolon.com

    I've used HTTPme in the past but I needed more of a budget plan since I wouldn't use all the resources they offered. Good company as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •