* 30,000 calorie sandwich?

Geeeez, now I'm hungry.

It'll set you back $47.00. Not a bad deal for a sandwich that weighs 6.5 pounds.

http://www.boingboing.net/2005/11/03...st_47_has.html

"Would you like fries with that?"

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Theres a place near me that sells 2000 calorie milkshakes... I have them from time to time... does me no good, I'm still a skinny bastard.
    Ask about custom logo design! :: TalkSka.com - Your source for Ska News and Forums. Join today!
    AIM=IQPhat
    [email protected]
    EMAIL=Use the board's email system, please.

Yeah, I saw the documentation of it all awhile ago. Took him a day I think to eat the whole thing.

Either that is over exaggerated or he has a very, very big hand
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

I'm hungry now. Rarrr.

I just saw Diane Sawyer trying to take a bite of the sandwich on Good Morning America. Dang, you need to have a huuuuge mouth to tackle it.

Here's what I don't get. Reportedly, this sandwich weighs 6.5 pounds.

However, 3500 calories equal 1 pound. For example, if you eat 7000 more calories than what your body consumes, you're supposed to gain 2 pounds. So if your daily requirement is, for example, 2000 calories and you eat this sandwich in one day, how do you put on 8 extra pounds of body weight if the sandwich only weighs 6.5 pounds?

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by vito
    I just saw Diane Sawyer trying to take a bite of the sandwich on Good Morning America. Dang, you need to have a huuuuge mouth to tackle it.

Here's what I don't get. Reportedly, this sandwich weighs 6.5 pounds.

However, 3500 calories equal 1 pound. For example, if you eat 7000 more calories than what your body consumes, you're supposed to gain 2 pounds. So if your daily requirement is, for example, 2000 calories and you eat this sandwich in one day, how do you put on 8 extra pounds of body weight if the sandwich only weighs 6.5 pounds?

Vito

Actually if you look closely you realize the two biggest calorie culprits are:

Butter Ė 1/2 lb. ------------ 1600
    Canola Oil Ė 154 Tbsp. ------ 18,432

And unless he drank the oil from the deep fryer and butter from the pan, he hardly took in all of those calories. I'm guessing this sandwhich was somewhere closer to 15,000 calories.

Was the oil in a deep fryer? I thought he just fried up the various foods in a pan, in which case most of the oil would have been absorbed into the food.

If he used a deep fryer, then what you say makes sense.

Vito

Not to mention 6oz of Italian dressing would make for a soggy sandwich
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

What's funny is that he actually used whole wheat bread. You would think he would use the (sugar laden) white bread to add even more calories to the thing.

(Kinda like when people order a super size Big Mac Combo [ with a diet coke... ] )

Vito

Those numbers cannot be accurate Vito.

154 tbsp of canola oil is more than 9 cups. Even if the sandwich were soaked in oil overnight it could absorb that much.

I should have done the math, blue, you're right.

Now that I have the attention of a (master) chef, let me rephrase the question.

Hypothetically, if I eat food in one day that is 14,000 calories over what my body consumes, is it a straight math calculation? Would I expect to pack on 4 extra pounds? Or does it have to do with the type of food I'm eating?

Vito

Talking wow

wow i think if u ate that for a week non stop u would die lol

but after looking at it for 2 min I want one lol

It personally does not look like something I would want to eat. Appearance is everything when it comes to food. I do however think I gained a couple of pounds just by looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by svdorr
    It personally does not look like something I would want to eat.
    You need to be sitting on a bar stool with your buddies for a few hours, drinking a few brew for a couple of hours. Then have them bring out the sandwich on a platter. I guarantee you'll find it a lot more appetizing...

Vito

I should have done the math, blue, you're right.

Now that I have the attention of a (master) chef, let me rephrase the question.

Hypothetically, if I eat food in one day that is 14,000 calories over what my body consumes, is it a straight math calculation? Would I expect to pack on 4 extra pounds? Or does it have to do with the type of food I'm eating?

Vito

Hypothetically, yes.

The variance comes with the amount of calories the body burns.
    We tend to looks at charts and see scales that say for a person who is a certain age, height and weight, they need to consume X amount of calories and their bodys will utilize Y amount of calories.

In reality our body all metabolize at different rates and that rate will change depending on conditions.

For instance, if you were to eat all of that food the body would kick into high gear because the brain is telling it that there is a surpluss of energy that needs to be utilized.
    Conversely, if you are in a category where you should be eating 2000 calories a day and you are only consuming 700 calories a day, initial weight loss will occur fairly rapidly but evently the body will tell the brain that it is in starvation mode and the metabolism will slow down to preserve the body.

The rate of change in metabolism will vary from person to person which is why we see two people who eat the same amount of food and have a similar lifestyle with different abilities to lose or gain weight.

You need to be sitting on a bar stool with your buddies for a few hours, drinking a few brew for a couple of hours. Then have them bring out the sandwich on a platter. I guarantee you'll find it a lot more appetizing...

Vito
    Its so true if i was drunk or almost drunk <I perfer the first one though> and in a good mood that thing would look SO GOOD

Blue, what's the scoop on alcohol?

I have a friend who, whenever he wants to lose a few pounds, goes on his "liquid" diet. For lunch, he goes next door to a bar and has blackbean soup and 4 martinis. He claims this always sheds pounds for him.

This approach seems flawed on 2 levels.

First, if I had 4 martinis for lunch, I'd get hungrier, thereby being tempted to order more food than a soup.

Second, what is the caloric intake with vodka? Given that his 4 martinis include about 6-8 oz of vodka, wouldn't that put on the pounds anyways?

Vito

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Either that is over exaggerated or he has a very, very big hand
    perceptive? If his hand is 1 cm from the camera and the sarney a metre away then it would look smaller
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

Nope, it's not making me hungry.

I couldn't eat that, i don't like all the ingredients but more importantly, it'd probably kill me. Reminds me of that Simpsons ep where Homer and some guy are in a steak eating competition.

You'd need a barrel of some kind of drink to wash that down i tell you.

You're arteries would probably grow a mouth and yell STOP!

Critic,
    The 9 words of life quote -
    "Act with honour, seek justice, die true, remembered well."
    GO LDN 2012 ~ AIM = Critic News Info

Quote Originally Posted by Critic
    Reminds me of that Simpsons ep where Homer and some guy are in a steak eating competition.
    One of my favorite episodes!!

Vito

Blue, what's the scoop on alcohol?

I have a friend who, whenever he wants to lose a few pounds, goes on his "liquid" diet. For lunch, he goes next door to a bar and has blackbean soup and 4 martinis. He claims this always sheds pounds for him.

This approach seems flawed on 2 levels.

First, if I had 4 martinis for lunch, I'd get hungrier, thereby being tempted to order more food than a soup.

Second, what is the caloric intake with vodka? Given that his 4 martinis include about 6-8 oz of vodka, wouldn't that put on the pounds anyways?

Vito

Your friend is kidding himself Vito.
    Alcohol adds calories to your diet but more importantly, when the liver processes the alcohol it produces acetate. Acetate goes from you liver into your blood system and replaces fat as the energy source. While the acetate is being consumed your body isn't utilizing fat therefore no weight loss from fat burning.

Vodka contains roughly 65 calories per ounce so even 8 martinis wouldn't be a huge amount of calories.
    Beer averages about 145 calories per 12 ounce bottle for regular and 95-110 calories for light beer.

hungry anyone lol

WOW.. 154 TBSP of Canola Oil, ew.

Some restaurant here sells a 8lb. hamburger with whatever you want on it for $53. If you eat it all you win $500 plus promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by agent420
    Some restaurant here sells a 8lb. hamburger with whatever you want on it for $53. If you eat it all you win $500 plus promotion.
    Cool. Do they have a web site promoting this?

(If they don't, this is the perfect opportunity for you to introduce your services... )

Vito

Unfortunately they do. I like how you see the dollar signs though, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by agent420
    I like how you see the dollar signs though, haha.
    It's what I do...

Vito