1and1 is really making canceling a hard process

domains transfer was easy, just unlock and it transfer but to transfer the last domain that i have with them. i have to cancel the package and sign two form one for canceling the hosting package with them and the other is for domain transfer.

gee, why make it so hard? i need to fax those two form or mail them...

edit: i just got an automate email from 1and1 and check this last line

"Please note, in addition, that you are required to return all written
    documentation received from 1&1 and any software CD which you may have
    ordered."

i did order a CD back in 2004 and i don't even have it...i think i lost it. Do i need to send them the CD? i have move to another apt. now and i don't believe i have the CD.

I really hate 1and1 now. Not only they make it hard but they are anal as well and on top of that their service suck. my site sometime will go down and their webmail is un usable, slow and written in php3!
    Last edited by jt2377; 11-16-2005 at 07:51 AM.

Wow! They really went our of their mind...
    Radijas internete - fm.lt - online radio stations, 400 best world radio station to listen with one click! !

this is a lesson so you dont buy from below the cost people again
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Well you know, I see this kind of crap all the time. People are drawn to a low cost sale like bugs to a killer light. And then they whine when they get zapped.
    TeleSouth Network Inc.
    Dedicated and Managed Servers
    11 years of Service and Support with Excellence
    http://www.telesouth1.com/dedicated.php

Quote Originally Posted by Bashar
    this is a lesson so you dont buy from below the cost people again

People will continue to not heed that advise
    Domain Maven

Ahhh the power of advertising. We are bugs to be drawn to the light.
    TeleSouth Network Inc.
    Dedicated and Managed Servers
    11 years of Service and Support with Excellence
    http://www.telesouth1.com/dedicated.php

Drawn by the low low prices
    Domain Maven

I'm actually going to side with 1and1 when it comes to returning the discs, whilst not a practice I use, it seems reasonable.
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

i didn't know better at that time and i upgrade from their free hosting to paid hosting. i've schooled.

it just really pissing me off that they make all these hoops for you to jump.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever
    I'm actually going to side with 1and1 when it comes to returning the discs, whilst not a practice I use, it seems reasonable.
    which discs?
    Domain Maven

a word of warning keep an eye on yiour credit card, they have a habit of billing you even after you have cancelled wioth them.

also sometimes when transfering (well they did it with me anyway) they wont release the domain until it is due to expire. I had to wait a couple of months due to this.

Quote Originally Posted by flexiwebhost
    a word of warning keep an eye on yiour credit card, they have a habit of billing you even after you have cancelled wioth them.

also sometimes when transfering (well they did it with me anyway) they wont release the domain until it is due to expire. I had to wait a couple of months due to this.
    i call my CC and told them to block any charge if any from 1and1 since i already follow their cancel policy but my CC say they can't block anyone from charging me. i have to make dispute if 1and1 make the charge.

update: i'm happy to say that i'm officially 1and1 FREE! No more robotic scripted answers, crappy tech support, useless webemail and product/upgrade peddling control panel.

i still have a domain there to host just for the hell of it since i already paid and it went off on 12/16/05. I'm so happy to leave that awful place. Thank God! All my domains have been transfered out to namecheap.