I'm new with dedicated server and I got 3 ip's. I set 2 ip's for primary and secondary private name server. Now I want to host some websites, how can I set on my WHM to let multiple dns share same ip's so my client can have their own private name server. Please help me. Thank you in advance.
1. Login to your registrar panel (Godaddy, Enom, etc..)
2. Select the domain you want to use and find where you can 'Register New DNS'.
3. Put in ns1.yourdomain.com and ns2.yourdomain.com in the respective fields.
4. Put in the IP addresses (either yours or the ones provided to you by your host).
5. Hit the save/submit button.
NOTE: If you are a regular reseller, the rest is done by your host on their end, so notify them that you have done your part. If you run a dedicated server, read on.
6. Login to your WHM panel as 'root'.
7. Go to 'Reseller Center', select 'mydomain.com', click on the 'Edit Domains/Privilages' icon.
8. When the page loads, scroll down and put in the new nameservers, in this case ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com.
9 Save them and scroll down to 'DNS Function' and select 'Edit DNS Zone'.
10. You will notice that the new nameservers are now located in the top 2 text fields. Scroll all the way down to where it says 'Add new A entries'.
11. In the first text field put in the nameserver and in the second empty text field put in the IP address. So, it will look something like this:
ns1.mydomain.com 14400 IN A 126.96.36.199
ns2.mydomain.com 14400 IN A 188.8.131.52
12. Click Save and you are done!
Please remember that it may take some time for DNS to propogate.
Hope this helps, was a tutorial from cpanel forums, worked for me