Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 77
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58

    Question tomorrowhosting, Is it good?

    I wonder this host is good for VB? I have forum with 300 members. I intend to move to new host and I got this link

    http://www.tomorrowhosting.com/?acti...ndex&submenu=1

    The price is nice but I donot know It is good for my forum or not. Any ideas?

    Thanks in advanced.
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    465
    I've never heard or used them but they are a fairly new company April 05. Beside that their hosting plans call for the name "overselling".

    Try contacting their sales team and see how long they take to reply, ask them specific questions.
    PierreB - Montreal
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Overselling? Now, that's a good thought. Why not ask them? So, I went off to their live chat and asked:

    Me: "You offer 25GB for $8 a month. Could you confirm that you operate a "no overselling" policy?"
    Them: "Hello..Yes,"
    Them: "I confirm without hesitation"
    Me: "Thank you."
    Them: "You are always welcome"

    So, apparentlly, they don't oversell. What do you guys think?
    .
    • Numaria.com • For peace of mind • +44 800 075 8187 • +1 800 985 8187
    Shared Hosting • Reseller • VPS • Dedicated Servers • SSL • Domain Names
    .
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,796
    If you look at the source code, it is an affiliate of **********.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by mpaert
    Overselling? Now, that's a good thought. Why not ask them? So, I went off to their live chat and asked:

    Me: "You offer 25GB for $8 a month. Could you confirm that you operate a "no overselling" policy?"
    Them: "Hello..Yes,"
    Them: "I confirm without hesitation"
    Me: "Thank you."
    Them: "You are always welcome"

    So, apparentlly, they don't oversell. What do you guys think?
    Read this reply It made me remind about my mother. When I was small child, she told her friend that I am a good boy, study hard and I often used time in cram school after school, but In fact, I used my time in games center. I think they are sellers so noone tells you that their services are bad. That is my question, How can I believe them? with your expriences in this forum, I think I can get a right question before I pay.
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by manutdvn
    Read this reply It made me remind about my mother. When I was small child, she told her friend that I am a good boy, study hard and I often used time in cram school after school, but In fact, I used my time in games center. I think they are sellers so noone tells you that their services are bad. That is my question, How can I believe them? with your expriences in this forum, I think I can get a right question before I pay.

    Indeed, I was hinting sarcasm, but didn't want to spell it out... In my oppinion, it is pretty darn difficult to offer 25GB for $8 and make a profit. But that's just my oppinion.

    Manutdvn, I would go for a host that "clearly" doesn't oversell, as you'll probably not be needing 25,000MB - unless you have the biggest forum in the world....
    .
    • Numaria.com • For peace of mind • +44 800 075 8187 • +1 800 985 8187
    Shared Hosting • Reseller • VPS • Dedicated Servers • SSL • Domain Names
    .
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by mpaert
    Manutdvn, I would go for a host that "clearly" doesn't oversell, as you'll probably not be needing 25,000MB - unless you have the biggest forum in the world....
    I would like to become biggest forum in the would just kidding, but I want to upload video too. So I think I need bigger space than now I own. And you know, video always takes a lot of BW.
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    25g/400g for 7.95 a month...and they are not overselling.


    Now that they have proven themselves to be absolute liars, why would you ever want to sign up with them?

    D
    Technical Advisor for new A&E Series The Killing Season
    There are no random acts of violence
    Starts November 5th!
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    3,076

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    If you look at the source code, it is an affiliate of **********.
    ????

    Maybe I should ask my question here too. A couple of days, I found out that there were two sites that had exactly the same design and one of them was tomorrowhosting. Not saying that one of them copy from the another, but they could be related or they are reselling from the same source ~

    Do you know who?

    http://www.tomorrowhosting.com/
    http://www.globalwebbrands.com/
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tasmania, Australia
    Posts
    34,796
    Only difference I can see is the ID number next to phone number.
    If you don’t like the road you’re walking on, start paving a new one.
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    1,528
    Search the code and you will find for who they are reselling!!
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave B
    25g/400g for 7.95 a month...and they are not overselling.


    Now that they have proven themselves to be absolute liars, why would you ever want to sign up with them?

    D
    No, I just want to confirm this HP. There are some HP like this in here and try to seller their "bad" product. It is hard for me to find a good host like this with nice price. Do you think so?
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPAPA
    ????

    Maybe I should ask my question here too. A couple of days, I found out that there were two sites that had exactly the same design and one of them was tomorrowhosting. Not saying that one of them copy from the another, but they could be related or they are reselling from the same source ~

    Do you know who?

    http://www.tomorrowhosting.com/
    http://www.globalwebbrands.com/
    I noticed this the other day. I spent a while chatting with one of the reps from these 2 companies, they appear to be reselling for **********. Check the TOS, its loaded with ********** name everywhere.

    See this thread:http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=460857

    Seems he forgot he posted in that thread.
    Last edited by Chris_M; 11-16-2005 at 01:51 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by ResellersHQ
    I noticed this the other day. I spent a while chatting with one of the reps from these 2 companies, they appear to be reselling for **********. Check the TOS, its loaded with ********** name everywhere.

    See this thread:http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=460857

    Seems he forgot he posted in that thread.
    The guy with nick name tomorrowhosting disappeared after you posted in that topic.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    These prices are dropping like flies everyday. Each day a new record is set by a new overseller.
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    3,076

    Smile

    It is ResellersPanel if you want to know ~

    The domain name with astrisks is simply an anonymous domain name so it is difficult to trace ~

    Now I am crystal clear ~
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Just to clear this one up, do you (tomorrowhosting.com) oversell or not? Honestly.
    .
    • Numaria.com • For peace of mind • +44 800 075 8187 • +1 800 985 8187
    Shared Hosting • Reseller • VPS • Dedicated Servers • SSL • Domain Names
    .
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    465
    I have to ask since I heard it from someone else. ********** handles the billing and support for tommorowhosting.com. What are you doing for tommorowhosting?
    PierreB - Montreal
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    560
    We do not oversell. Since most users do not use that much space we can make a great amount of profit by getting people who want all that space, but don't need it. Although I assure you even if every single host were to max out their space, we would still be making a steady profit.
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

    Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fleet Street
    Posts
    3,243
    We do not oversell. Since most users do not use that much space we can make a great amount of profit by getting people who want all that space, but don't need it. Although I assure you even if every single host were to max out their space, we would still be making a steady profit.
    I'm just curious, but, at that rate, and assuming all customers did max out their space, would you be able to support it? If not, that is most certainly overselling.
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by TomorrowHosting
    We do not oversell. Since most users do not use that much space we can make a great amount of profit by getting people who want all that space, but don't need it. Although I assure you even if every single host were to max out their space, we would still be making a steady profit.
    Wait, isn't that overselling then? You give people a lot of space, but then you say that they won't be using it so you keep giving out that space then...correct me if I'm wrong.
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    560
    Although I assure you even if every single host were to max out their space, we would still be making a steady profit.
    As I posted above we can certainly support the space. Our tech team has also told you this as well. I'm not sure why there is so much uncertainty!
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

    Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by TomorrowHosting
    We do not oversell. Since most users do not use that much space we can make a great amount of profit by getting people who want all that space, but don't need it. Although I assure you even if every single host were to max out their space, we would still be making a steady profit.

    Unless someone is giving you a server for free I'm going to call that a flat out lie.
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    560
    Whatever you may think, we are not overselling. I do not know how much simpler I can say it myself.
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

    Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by TomorrowHosting
    We do not oversell. Since most users do not use that much space we can make a great amount of profit by getting people who want all that space, but don't need it. Although I assure you even if every single host were to max out their space, we would still be making a steady profit.

    This is a contradiction in terms.
    .
    • Numaria.com • For peace of mind • +44 800 075 8187 • +1 800 985 8187
    Shared Hosting • Reseller • VPS • Dedicated Servers • SSL • Domain Names
    .
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    756
    Well, for example, if you buy an unlimited space & bandwidth reseller account & sell 1000 hosting accounts with 15GB space & 300GB bandwidth, are you overselling - answer 'No' because you have bought more than you sell. It is your supplier that is doing the overselling.

    And how many resellers can be certain that they are not in this situation?
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    67
    Why is it overselling if you have more than 20 servers available to your clients? Just because none of you could offer the same and make a profit does not mean that someone that can is overselling. Kind of a poor way to keep people from choosing a host that is offering what you can't.

    Not to mention the fact the RP brings a new server online every couple of months (keep an eye on their news pages). Is there any other person here reselling, and I have a feeling 95% of you are, that can say the same? Instead of knocking what you can not obviously provide for you customers, why not come up with creative ways to offer a competitive hosting package that is an alternative to your shortcomings.
    Last edited by COLDZERO; 11-16-2005 at 09:07 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDZERO
    Why is it overselling if you have more than 20 servers available to your clients? Just because none of you could offer the same does not mean that someone that can is overselling. Kind of a poor way to keep people from choosing a host that is offering what you can't.


    Please leave the discussion for people who actually know what hosting is and what the costs of hosting are.

    To say he is not overselling is a lie.
    Just because he is not a real host, only an affiliate seller, does not give him the right to claim he is not overselling.

    The accounts he is selling for his parent company are tremendously over sold therefore he is overselling.
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    560
    If they have so many servers, and if they have been in business for so long, how can you say that they have been overselling?

    Just because none of you could offer the same and make a profit does not mean that someone that can is overselling. Kind of a poor way to keep people from choosing a host that is offering what you can't.
    I agree with you exactly.
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

    Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    3,076

    Smile

    Is there a standard price then?
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31
    As long as one remembers that oversold servers tend to be a bit slower. Would you rather pay a bit more and have an account with 30 others on a server, or would you rather have an account with 300 other sites? Well, we all know which one we'd choose...
    .
    • Numaria.com • For peace of mind • +44 800 075 8187 • +1 800 985 8187
    Shared Hosting • Reseller • VPS • Dedicated Servers • SSL • Domain Names
    .
      0 Not allowed!

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDZERO
    Why is it overselling if you have more than 20 servers available to your clients? Just because none of you could offer the same does not mean that someone that can is overselling. Kind of a poor way to keep people from choosing a host that is offering what you can't.
    To answer the direct question of "why":

    It boils down to simple mathematics and logic.

    Operating costs outweigh income. Host goes out of business. Clients come to WHT and complain about it.

    The cycle of Web Hosting, as we know it.

    It is simply not mathematically possible to provide a user with such allocations without selling more than is available to a company. The cycle follows:
    (The example below uses the provider being discussed in this thread)

    1) Company opens.
    2) Company "A" puts server "A" online.
    3) Company (Assuming lowest cost) needs at least $100 to pay for (at very least) an unmanaged and low-standard server.
    4) Company now needs 13 people to sign up so company can pay, at the very least, it's server costs.
    5) Company now has one server, with a total space sold of 325GB. In addition, the company has sold 5200GB of transfer.

    The above doesn't even factor in maintenance, support, legal and other operational costs. If it did, the number of accounts sold per server would have to drastically increase.

    Even if the company in question was colocating, they would be operating at an extreme loss, without overselling to such a degree that one fateful night, the servers would go "bump" in the night and all clients would proceed to WebHostingTalk to condemn said provider only to be met with "That is some harsh overselling they were doing, bud!"

    Mathematics wins, always.

    Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.
      0 Not allowed!

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    560
    Then why has RP been so succesful? And if they have been so succesful with so many clients, then how can you say that they are overselling!
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

    Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by TomorrowHosting
    Then why has RP been so succesful?
    And if they have been so succesful with so many clients, then how can you say that they are overselling!
    By telling the truth.

    Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.
      0 Not allowed!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    67
    You are just making an assumption. Without hard facts it is just you sore that you can not offer the same.
      0 Not allowed!

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    560
    The cold hard facts are that RP has been around for a long time, and they have been very succesful. They must be doing something right, not wrong!
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

    Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by COLDZERO
    You are just making an assumption.
    Facts are not assumptions. The fact is that the company in question is overselling. It is undisputable.

    Without hard facts it is just you sore that you can not offer the same.
    Should the time come that I feel the urge to offer such outrageous allocations, I will proceed to the nearest short pier and partake in a long walk off of it. You have my complete assurance on that.

    Providers are more than welcome to offer such allocations, if they feel comfortable in doing so. To state, however, that no overselling is going on, is just a complete lie.

    Simon
    EIRCA Ltd, home of The Genius Network™.
      0 Not allowed!

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    67
    Again, without proof of that, you are doing the same. You are assuming that each server, if at 325GB, has 21 clients and they are still trying to sell clients on those servers. Since you do not know the actual numbers, you are assuming. Everyone knows what is said about that... you make an ars out of You not Me.
      0 Not allowed!

  39. #39
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    3,076

    Smile

    I am not on either side, but just to put my own opinion here ~

    Without knowing the actual cost of resources, how could you know that a company is overselling or not?

    They may be paying for $0.01 per GB of bandwidth, or $0.01 per GB of disk space. This is just an assumption ~
      0 Not allowed!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    67
    There are a lot of factors involved. IHSL may be right about server space, etc. but what he has yet to prove is that Tomorrowhosting.com and RP is placing more than 21 customers (325GB server / 15GB per customer) on each server. Saying anything more without proof is nothing more than an assumption... a lie in itself.

    No one has mentioned the fact that customers drop off the internet as fast as they appear. They pay for hosting and within 6 months realize that can not run a website and they ask for a refund, and knowing that can't get one, they delete their files and bolt.

    How about those people that put up phising websites faster than people can pull up their unders - those sites are gone just as fast, again, without refund.

    I am going to assume that IHSL has less than 21 customers as he would never oversell.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •