* Pretty please with sugar on it, review: WWW.ADYACK.COM

Hey guys, I have started a new site about online ad networks like Google AdSense and Kanoodle. Here is the URL:

http://www.adyack.com

I would really like any and all suggestions here. When you come to the first page of the site do you find it easy to navigate? Do you find it interesting? Or confusing? All comments welcome, good or bad

Daniel

Not one reply. I shall now cry until I am dehydrated. So long bitter sweet world

It could be a goer, but I suggest you user your own wording for forum descriptions. Possibly too many forums to start with, maybe wait until you get some queries about certain networks before adding a special forum for them?
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Yeah I guess I just quickly put in descriptions for the forums. Tomorow I'll rewrite in my own words. I'm still not sure about the forum count yet, I might prune some. Thanks for replying mousey.

Glad to see you haven't offed yourself yet, Hostex.

I'm a little confused. I don't see it set up as a traditional forum. Does one need to register to see all the forum topics?

BTW, I think your header is too large. When landing on the page in 1024x768, I don't see any real content unless I scroll down.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

You dont need to register to see forum topics. Its a normal forum besides the initial portal page with news and some side content. I'm definetely thinking about a header resize.

Oh, I see it now. You've got the forum topics down the right in text links. IMHO, I'd reverse them. I would put the forums down the middle and news stories off to the side. And I wouldn't make it 3 columns, just 2. But that's just me.

And Mousey is right. Try starting off with fewer forums and grow them as your traffic increases. Otherwise it will look "emptier" with the posts scattered over various forums.

Anyways, good luck with it.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

I've sort of gone for the portal style on this site, as seen on sites like fedoraforum.org which explains the layout. Im going more for a newsite with a major part being the forum, not a forum with news. But I know where your coming from and I will think a little harder about layout

Quote Originally Posted by Hostex Australia
    Im going more for a newsite with a major part being the forum, not a forum with news.
    Cool. Then you're on the right track.

Just tell Vito to go back to his corner...

Vito

Quote Originally Posted by vito
    Just tell Vito to go back to his corner...

Vito
    hehe, I didn't mean it like that , but I know your joking...i hope

Quote Originally Posted by Hostex Australia
    hehe, I didn't mean it like that , but I know your joking...i hope
    I shall now cry until I am dehydrated. So long bitter sweet world.

Vito

Now now vito, plagarism is a major offence .