hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : AVOID VeoWeb

Forum Jump

AVOID VeoWeb

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-2002, 12:55 AM

AVOID VeoWeb

Used them for about a month and just couldn't take it anymore. Support responses take an average of 48 hours, and they're generally unhelpful. I cancelled about a month ago but they're STILL charging me!! What kind of scam is this? Avoid VeoWeb at all costs, you'll thank me for it.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2002, 11:14 AM

Angry Veoweb

I too have used Veoweb in the past. The servcie wasn't too bad except when I took my clients elsewhere when I purchased my own server. It's been 6 months now they are still billing my credit card quarterly. They do not respond to emails and there 800 number goes directly to voice mail. My CC company says all I can do is keep denying payment and eventually they will get the message. What a pain! I would not recommend then to anyone.

Old 09-22-2002, 11:27 AM
iNET Senior Community Advisor

Lots of information on this forum about VeoWeb. http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...der=descending

I wonder what ever happened to chico22 . . . . .

Last edited by Chicken; 09-22-2002 at 02:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2002, 12:01 PM

I am only new to this forum not the business.

Since Veoweb isn't responding to my emails or phone calls, I thought I'd let others in the community learn from my experiences with Veoweb.

What does 5 months apart have to do with anything?

<<MOD NOTE: Thread cleaned of OT replies>>

I can only guess where Chico22 went, he/she probably got fed up with smart--- responses.

Last edited by Chicken; 09-22-2002 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-22-2002, 12:12 PM
iNET Senior Community Advisor

Quote:
Originally posted by fonguy
. . . . . .
What does 5 months apart have to do with anything?

I can only guess where Chico22 went, he/she probably got fed up with smart--- responses.
fonguy, It's got nothing to do with your experience. It's only that we're not accoustomed to people digging up old threads. Although it happens; it's better to just start your own. I suppose I coulda said, "Use the Search button and read all about em!" instead of just giving you the URL of search results.

Welcome to the madness.

Old 09-22-2002, 01:25 PM

Posting Etiquette

Thanks SoftWareRevue for the info about posting new threads. I will do that in the future to try to avoid some of this madness. By the way, I did read through those other posts earlier and I found a few similar billing issue, it's just this post had the newest (I guess 4/2002 isn't new in this forum) posting. Any way, thanks and I hope I can contribute in the future.

Yes, Veoweb is doing this to me and I am hoping Jason will see this thread and respond as he did in the other threads I read through earlier this morning.

Last edited by Chicken; 09-22-2002 at 02:12 PM.
Old 09-22-2002, 08:27 PM

Fonguy and chico22,

We are not frauds nor are we running a scam. If you cancel your account....we stop billing you. However mistakes do happen, i.e. the account was removed but billing neglected to remove you from the billing system.

Did you try emailing us directly?

Please either post your domains names on this thread, or email me directly at jasonr@veoweb.net, I will make sure this gets resolved. If this was indeed an error on our part I want to apologize for that.

JasonR
VeoWeb Staff

Old 10-10-2002, 01:18 PM

Let me take a moment to correct/update what happened with regard to fonguy.

The client moved his domain name off the server and went with another host, however his DNS still existeded in our zone files. So when he emailed us from the @domain address we got the email, but when we responded the email went to our server, instead of his new host. All the requests that he made to have his account cancelled were received by us, but when we responded back Fonguy never got the email. This way the account stayed open and his account continued to get billed. I spoke to fonguy on the phone and explained to him what happed. He said he understood and asked for a check for $65 to be sent to him. That check was sent and has been cashed by the other party.

I have not as of yet received correspondence from chico22, if you would like to resolve the outstanding issues please email me at jasonr@veoweb.net.

Regards
JasonR
VeoWeb Staff

Old 10-10-2002, 03:27 PM

Thanks

I've been meaning to reply to the post and thank Jason but it looks like he beat me to it. Anyway, thanks. I'll also say I had no other issues with Veoweb. The hosting service they provide served all my needs at that time. I have been and will still refer some clients to them in the future.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Mistakes To Avoid When Launching A New Website Design Blog 2014-01-10 10:53:50
Strategies to Reduce Operating Costs, Avoid Email Blacklisting and Improve Deliverability Webinars 2013-10-16 15:35:21
Cloudmark Shares Strategies to Avoid Email Blacklisting, Improve Deliverability Blog 2013-05-31 14:57:24
Branding and Positioning in the Hosting Industry -- HostingCon 2012 Web Hosting News 2012-07-17 14:36:34
Hackers Post 450,000 Yahoo! Voices User Login Credentials Online Web Hosting News 2012-07-12 10:38:07