top visited websites

where can i find that whcih websites are top visited ?

Hello,

I always think that Google should be No. 1

Quote Originally Posted by AnyDemo
    Hello,

I always think that Google should be No. 1
    It probably is.

You must remember that Alexa gain their stats through the use of spyware, the type of people that use a Yahoo search engine over a Google engine are possibly the type of people who would unknowingly / knowingly install spyware. After all, Yahoo can't be better than Google.
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by effusionx1
    You must remember that Alexa gain their stats through the use of spyware, the type of people that use a Yahoo search engine over a Google engine are possibly the type of people who would unknowingly / knowingly install spyware. After all, Yahoo can't be better than Google.
    Every reliable traffic measurement says that Yahoo gets more visitors than Google, for the simple reason that Yahoo's numbers include every service available from that portal. Googe's visits are still primarily only for search.

Google's share of searches is considerably higher than Yahoo's but overall for site visits Yahoo has been at the top for some time.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

I wish my sites were at the top of that list. I'd be doing pretty darn well.

i loved google . But i think they are also becoming evil , they are trying to control internet users ............

Quote Originally Posted by roboxooo
    i loved google . But i think they are also becoming evil , they are trying to control internet users ............
    They're just trying to enhance you're experience .

I must have missed the memo where google said you have to use their services They are providing services at (generally) no cost to the user, and it is your choice to use them or not.
    Mike from Zoodia.com
    Professional web design and development services.
    In need of a fresh hosting design? See what premade designs we have in stock!
    Web design tips, tricks, and more at MichaelPruitt.com

Quote Originally Posted by justadollarhostin
    I must have missed the memo where google said you have to use their services They are providing services at (generally) no cost to the user, and it is your choice to use them or not.
    IMO, just ignore people like that. I don't understand the mentality that Google is "trying to take over the world" or is maliciously data mining. It's just ridiculous ... of course, all IM(not-so-humble)O.

Yahoo probably added to that spyware fray too. The last time I installed YIM, it came default with a Yahoo toolbar and Yahoo mail which can't be uninstalled...

I thought google's company rule no.1 is Don't do evil?

Evil is when you resort to unethical means to achieve your ends. Evil is when you are clearly not as good as other people but you are using your market position to force people to obey you. Evil is when you install spyware on other people's computers without their knowing (Sony)...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Google is just doing what every other business on Earth does, just a slightly faster. Don't like 'em? Then don't use them, its as simple as that. No matter how you put it.

It's a new miracle! It also works on other things!
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog

I voluntarily have downloaded and use the Alexa toolbar. I know that although it is classified as "spyware" and may slow down the community, I think it is worth it considering what I am doing for my own sites (since I visit them so much), and for the community. I also think that Yahoo does deserve the number one position, because it is used for so many different things. Yahoo is used for more than just a search engine, and people stay on yahoo much longer than google. Google is "search and leave". Yahoo is "search, check fantasy football, play chess online, look at your dream car, serach, leave".
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting

Hmm Yahoo is very popular for spyware , google on the other hand is your best friend

Quote Originally Posted by effusionx1
    After all, Yahoo can't be better than Google.
    Alexa is talking about traffic...

Games... movies... news... maps... etc
    Yahoo has way more stuff on it's sites.

which a LOT of people use. Vs Google's site.
    IMO, yahoo has done a better job @ showing those other things and i think they probably do get more traffic than google.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Alexa is talking about traffic...

Games... movies... news... maps... etc
    Yahoo has way more stuff on it's sites.
    I agree wiitb you completely
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting