* Serverdivision : my ongoing nightmare

1. My site has been down for over a week
    2. Support has been very hard to get a hold of
    3. No access to Helm (you'd think after a week at least that should be resolved)
    4. Database is gone and the most recent backup they have is from Oct 1

But guess what, even after what seemed like an unending week of problems, my monthly email with my invoice came right on time!

I would suggest looking for a new web host. The problems cannot go on and on. A company ignoring your support e-mails for a week is not professional at all.
    PierreB - Montreal

I've got to agree, it does sound like it might be time to move on. Grab what data you have left and start looking. A weeks downtime is just not acceptable.
    AMN WebTech
    We offer a variety of plans at competitive rates.
    Visit us for further details www.amnwebtech.co.uk

Your site has been down for a week, no support and your still with them...

If you did not get a reply within 24 hours max, you should have said something wrong here and called.... then if they did not answer just moved as they really don't care about your business.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

I agree with all of the above. Pack your stuff and go. Do you know why their servers went down for such a long time? Is it a large hosting company, or a one-man-band-gone-to-holiday-kind-of-thing?
    Numaria.com For peace of mind +44 800 075 8187 +1 800 985 8187
    Shared Hosting Reseller VPS Dedicated Servers SSL Domain Names

I can't even terminate my account!

It's been over a week..i submitted a ticket to terminate the account..they closed it..no comment...i re-opened it to ask why they closed it and did they actually close the acount or not? No answer...jesus christ...what a bunch of &#%#%

remmey,

For your own protection at this point I would say the best course of action, contact your financial institution (bank or cc company) and put a stop payment on any charge from them. Or if you pay by recurring paypal (if they even accept it) login and cancel your subscription payment.

About the only two ways to ensure they can't go trying to charge you out of money come recurring time. (As at this point it seems the right time for last ditch efforts).

This is very wrong for a company to do this. I definatly agree, you should look for another host before your bill comes again
    VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

I thought sd was a rather large company =/
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

wow, what a pain in the butt. Hope you get the whole thing sorted out.

are a cheap host provider? maybe you bought what you paid for?

What?!?

I paid for 4 weeks of downtime?!?!?! I paid for support that isn't there? Trust me if I knew this was what they were offering I would not have signed up.

And on top of that I submitted a ticket to ask them to terminate my account. They closed the ticket without any comment. They didn't even say if my account was terminated or not. I re-opened the ticket to ask them to tell me if they had terminated my account, as requested. No reply. It's been almost a week.

I CANCELLED my services with them last week and recieved this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi,

Why do you wish to cancel? We have updated everything and fixed all known issues
    minus the mysql issue which we are currently working on. If you do not use ASP
    services you may want to try www.hostinglite.com

ServerDivision.com
    An Ambient Solutions Company
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIXED ??? It's appears to have gotten EVEN WORSE since I left.....

There were only 2 reasons I was using them:

1) WINDOWS ASP

2) HELM CONTROL PANEL

They have told all WINDOWS customers they are dumping HELM and moving to PLESK....

guess i must not even rate as an angry customer because i have not received that email. Oh, maybe it is because my email is down? Or perhaps because 70.85.46.20 is not even getting through their own servers? Perhaps because they don't even bother working with ThePlanet.com to fix their servers? Perhaps because they are too busy wiping threads of complaint from their forums? nice.

I'd check their support news section, it indicates that server under DDoS attack:

http://support.serverdivision.com/in...news&newsid=46
    Reliability Performance Integrity

thanks Tamouh, we appreciate the info. But apparently as of 2 hours ago, ThePlanet had little or no communication with the ownership for what appeared to be an adnormal amount of time. One would think that if such an attack were to occur for 3+ days, somebody would be able to get a handle on things.

Thanks again for any info.

server down, on and off, for month. thought it was fixed, then it all came back a few days ago. support is bullxhitting. they don't even know what they are talking about. they had their chances for 1.5 months and i will move out asap.

moving out doesn't seem to be enough for these new guys who don';t care about customers. call your credit company and told them to chargeback 2-3 months'payment because they didnt deliver the promised/paid for service. that will give sd the trouble that they deserve.

just can't bear the thought that they don;t give a xhit when you tell them you want to terminate service.

I know the owner of SD and although I agree he should have done better, he was just in the middle of hiring a new support team etc.

He said all the problems should be fixed soon enough, but I agree. If its been going on for a long time leave when you can.

All I can say is I hope SD improve because I know Kash tries his best for his clients and that he has worked hard on the business
    Seeksadmin.com Owner: Providing Security, Administration and Optimization since 2001

Now Offering Windows Serivces.

Quote Originally Posted by Tris-SA
    I know the owner of SD and although I agree he should have done better, he was just in the middle of hiring a new support team etc.

He said all the problems should be fixed soon enough, but I agree. If its been going on for a long time leave when you can.

All I can say is I hope SD improve because I know Kash tries his best for his clients and that he has worked hard on the business
    No, they didn't try. They just don't have the heart.

Well, it seems that (almost) everything is up and back to normal, except for http://sqladmin.<domain>., and my databases (Access and MS SQL) are missing.

I really don't like how this was dealt with, how long it took us to receive any answers, and the fact that posts and threads were deleted which had questions for the admin (who frequant the board and did answer some of them).

Further to all the down time, serverdivision even logs me out of my esupport. Is that a technical problem or is it human? I don't care. I have had enough of all these. Will file a chargeback case with my credit card company and let them pay for their own down time.

What hosting company is this?

It's in the title ....

Quote Originally Posted by RackSlash
    What hosting company is this?

Angry Still waiting to terminate account..

It's been almost 2 weeks since I've tried to terminate my account...every time i file my ticket..they close it....not saying if they terminated it or not...it's frustrating...maybe I should contact the hacker who hacked their servers..maybe he can terminate my account for me....

Tamouh,

There's no such thing as an excuse for zero communication: not even a DDoS.
    There are phones, alternate e-mail accounts to send out an e-mail to all clients, etc.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by remmey
    It's been almost 2 weeks since I've tried to terminate my account...every time i file my ticket..they close it....not saying if they terminated it or not...it's frustrating...maybe I should contact the hacker who hacked their servers..maybe he can terminate my account for me....
    Same happened to me. So I guess they know what they are doing.

What you do is to backup your sites. Then call your credit card company and ask them to chargeback at least 2-3 months of payment. Just tell the credit card company they haven't provide service that you paid for. And they are not terminating account at your request. Money stops, account should be terminated soon.

One interesting question. I used lots of hosings services but why just serverdivision is getting attack all the time? Why someone wants to hit them that hard? My guess is that they mistreated someone. The hacker must be an ex-customer of serverdivision.

For the first few months, I've hardly had any problems with them, and what ever problems I did have were resolved within an hour of me sending in a ticket.

However, as soon as the company officially changed hands, the problems (DDoS) started to happen ....

Quote Originally Posted by hammerhead
    Same happened to me. So I guess they know what they are doing.

What you do is to backup your sites. Then call your credit card company and ask them to chargeback at least 2-3 months of payment. Just tell the credit card company they haven't provide service that you paid for. And they are not terminating account at your request. Money stops, account should be terminated soon.

One interesting question. I used lots of hosings services but why just serverdivision is getting attack all the time? Why someone wants to hit them that hard? My guess is that they mistreated someone. The hacker must be an ex-customer of serverdivision.

This is amazing.

I remember "WinAxis" who used to provide the Windows ASP hosting.

Then they got bought by NationalConnect.au (now dead) and merged with Serverdivison

And now Serverdivison.com is owned by a UK company

And this only took half a year to happen!

I think the company that bought SD is based out of Ottawa, but the company that owns the company that bough SD is out of the UK ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonSCSN
    This is amazing.

I remember "WinAxis" who used to provide the Windows ASP hosting.

Then they got bought by NationalConnect.au (now dead) and merged with Serverdivison

And now Serverdivison.com is owned by a UK company

And this only took half a year to happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl J
    I think the company that bought SD is based out of Ottawa, but the company that owns the company that bough SD is out of the UK ...
    Talking of a situation here lol
    PierreB - Montreal

Quote Originally Posted by PierreB
    Talking of a situation here lol
    No matter how you look at it, that hosting company has changed hands too many times. I would be prepared for melt down

my nightmare is over..they finally terminated my account.

They are a strange company (current owners). I can say that the servers were just running fine before it changed hands and now, nothing seems to be working fine. I mean I can never be sure that after a night, what new problem would be there. I am looking for a new provider and as soon as I find one, I am moving out.

Everyone in this thread might want to take a look here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=471078 (Discussion of Alternatives to ServerDivision)