Thanks to another WHT member

I'd just like to write a little thank you note to another member here. Jeff Hinkle (a.k.a. sailor) has been a great help to me with my fitness goals and has been quite inspiring.

I have lost over 20 lbs so far (229 down to 209) but more importantly I'm gaining muscle like never before. My arms and legs are getting stronger every day (ya I have some real muscle now) and my stomache is getting a lot tighter.

Jeff spent the time to help me plan my work out as well as meals and I appreciate everything he has helped me with.

Nice work Sailor and Ross, the WHT family strikes again
    Shawn Auton
    Racked Hosting
    Web Hosting, Unmetered Dedicated Hosting and SHOUTcast Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by RossH
    I'd just like to write a little thank you note to another member here. Jeff Hinkle (a.k.a. sailor) has been a great help to me with my fitness goals and has been quite inspiring.

I have lost over 20 lbs so far (229 down to 209) but more importantly I'm gaining muscle like never before. My arms and legs are getting stronger every day (ya I have some real muscle now) and my stomache is getting a lot tighter.

Jeff spent the time to help me plan my work out as well as meals and I appreciate everything he has helped me with.
    Keep up the good work. I always thought more muscles = more weight

I am trying to get something like what your doing going Ross. Any tips?

ya it is like that RandyT, but you dont gain 1 pound of muscle for 1 pound of fat you lose you probably lose like 10 pounds for everyone one you gain, so after a while when you have [around/very low] 0% body fat, the bigger your body size is the heavier you'll be :p
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

Good on you Ross for sticking with the plan! It takes a lot of self control to change bad habits

Got before and after pics?
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Good on you Ross for sticking with the plan! It takes a lot of self control to change bad habits

yeah - he sent some naked ones - would you like me to post them ?

Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

So you don't scare the kids, PM them to me

Quote Originally Posted by adam
    I am trying to get something like what your doing going Ross. Any tips?
    Umm here are some of the tips I can offer:

1. In order to work out well you have to have the right mind set, you need to want to feel better about yourself and body.
    2. Work out every day alternating between upper body and lower body. Do abs, back and cardio every day.
    3. Drink water and unswetened regular iced tea.
    4. Eat light snacks like celerey instead of big meals.
    5. Stay away from carbs, eat chicken. If you eat a salad eat it with lite italian dressing.
    6. If you are at a desk job like myself go walking on your lunch break. I also reccomend a 10 lb weight to lift every few hours at your desk.
    7. Instead of taking the elevator take the stairs.
    8. Always complete your work out, don't skimp on it. Even if it takes you a bit longer.
    9. If you have a gym that is relatively close run to it instead of driving to it.
    10. Don't give up because it hurts, it'll get better.
    11. You get one night of drinking with the buddies, drink low carb beer or lite drinks. Bacardi and diet cola should be good.
    12. Do inclined sit-ups, if you haven't done these your abs are going to hurt like hell for the first week.
    13. Work out for at least an hour every day, you can make time. I reccomend at doing 20 reps x 3 sets of everything at a comftorable weight. Then once you are comftorable with the weight increase the number of reps per set instead of weight. This will make you toner instead of becoming one of those big muscle men.

I don't really take diet pills but I do take CLA & Thermo Burst from GNC.

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse

I took some before pics. I'll be taking some after pics when I get my six pack (which I promised myself before feb 24th [my b-day])

Wow, keep it up.

Excellent job so far. Now all you gotta do is just keep going .