newb question on hosting but please help

what would happen if i do this, i buy one server from one host, and then buy another server from another host, and one host has cpanel, but the other has plesk, but i dont keep the plesk, will i still be able to use cpanel with the server without any control panel?

also is it even posibble to buy a 1 seperate server from different hosts?

<head spinning>

I am very confused, if you have one server with cpanel and one server with cpanel you have two servers where does the server that does not have a control panel come from? Are you trying to use the 'plesk' server without a control panel just as a plain box? If so I would reimage it with a fresh OS install and manually do everything and get rid of plesk totally as it is probably integrated into many of the services such as apache and could create issues down the road.

no, i mean will is still be able to use cpanel server on the plesk server

You just have to uninstall Plesk and install cPanel.

also another question is, what if i sign up for a host and it says free donmain for life, but then i switch to another host, will the domain still be free even though i switched

Free domain for life probably means they register the domain for you and keep renewing it as long as you're a customer. Once you switch hosts, you can (as long as you're listed the owner of the domain) transfer the domain to a new host.

You should probably contact the host to make sure I got from it what they intended

Moved to the hosting forum.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by ss2miraitrunks
    also another question is, what if i sign up for a host and it says free donmain for life, but then i switch to another host, will the domain still be free even though i switched

Your host will have their own policies but I suspect that the domain is for the lifetime of your account.

If you plan on moving to a new host you will have to pay the registration fee for the next renewal, and if you are leaving before the end of our contract I suspect you will have to pay for the initial registration.

What you can do with the domain depends entirely on the policies of the host & their TOS regarding domains they purchase for customers as part of a hosting account.

They may charge to let you transfer it, they may not co-operate in moving it at all or they may allow you to move it to another registrar as you wish.

Certainly they will only pay the registration fees while you are with them and you will have to pay them when you move.