Thread: Forum Building

Forum Building

I was just wondering if any of you out there have any good tips or tricks or maybe know of a website to start building traffic to a forum that i have.

Thanks
    SuperiorWebWorks
    24X7 Online & Telephone Support
    Shared, Dedicated & Co-Location Hosting.

The short answer is probably a whole lot of work and dedicated core community. I found this article that talks a ton about all aspects of a forum, but some of his methods are less than wholesome
    http://www.venturus.com/index.php/ve...rum-community/
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Right now I have a hobby forum, which started out with me and three other guys posting, and we were all pretty into it. Then they got one of their friends to join, and then they told a bunch of people, and then through word of mouth the forum got to be a fairly popular forum... mainly because of us four being really dedicated to it. That is the approach that I would recommend.
    Need C Class Diversity For Your SEO Campaigns?

Get SEO Hosting From Arctic Hosting

lots of people put their forum into their sig and then post on other forums...nice way to get people who are interested in what you offer to be aware about it
    http://www.spiderninja.com/ for Search Engine marketing

Though it is financial mortgage and brokers forum I would suggest if you target related financial and real estate sites and forum you might get good traffic. You can also add few section in your forum like topics on money saving guideline, section on personal bankkruptcy and assistance, financial assistance/funding for new sites etc.