nigerians and laptops on ebay !

if you have listed a laptop on ebay you would know what am talking about !
    i used to sell documentaries and thus they are not really a fraud magnet while lately i had like 10 laptops i offered individually on ebay and here is what happens:

First mistake ive done is adding a buy it now button , which is like a MAGNET for frauders to try the buy it now button , try to fraud your paypal or the most likely new method westernunion bidpay !
    since it was one of the methods i accept , this is what i got first

THE FUNNY PART OF THE STORY
    ALL of the bidders have registered a new ebay account , all used buy it now , all directly closed the account .
    so you get your items purchased by 0 feedback non-registered users .
    Next you get contacted with this very same story :

Dear Seller, Am Ajani O Adedapo,I work and live in U.S am highly interested in your item you placed on EBAY. Am willing to offer you US$3,500 for the item 6821222177
    I want the laptop to ship to Nigeria, Please make enquiry about the shipping cost to Nigeria by [USPS Global Express EMS 3-5 Days Delivery Service] and get back to me
    with the shipping cost so I can make your Payment to you in full including the shipping Cost.
    Am willing to make the payment by Western Union Bid Pay which is a Money Order that will be issue on your name and it will be send to you at your contact address by BidPay.

Please reply me with your personal E-mail Address.

Best Regards
    Ajani .O Adedapo.

ofcourse the emails differ .

emails subjects sample :

Western Union BidPay 4:09 pm Money Order Processed For Order Number :59038934

Western Union BidPay 4:09 pm Money Order Processed For Order Number :59038934

Western Union BidPay 3:22 pm MONEY ORDER HAS BEEN APPROVED***(59038934)***DO NOT ...

Western Union BidPay 3:22 pm MONEY ORDER HAS BEEN APPROVED***(59038934)***DO NOT ...

shola adeshola 1:54 pm A Congratulation Your Payment Is In Progress !!!

Western Union BidPay 1:53 pm MONEY ORDER PENDING (59038934)***DO NOT REPLY***

Western Union BidPay 1:53 pm MONEY ORDER PENDING (59038934)***DO NOT REPLY***

---------------

links in email are ofcourse phished websites such as :

https://netsage.finali.com/netsage?c...114&country=US

----------------

In conclusion , i know most of you here dont need the advice and can know frauders from real buyers but i am still wondering
    from all types of theft and fraud ways , couldnt they find few different stories ?

( btw, now i know why many wouldnt ship to my lebanese address while my billing is us-based , maybe ill stop blaming some of those sellers )
    POINTLeb Hosting Lebanese Hosting for the Middle East
    The fact that no one understands you , does not make you an artist
    Mo Ghaoui's Personal Blog

These Nigerian scammers are scum and have been doing this for a few years on eBay now.

maybe i didnt notice because my previous items were not laptops neither something they can resell for fast cash @ i used to sell documentaries , and u know thats nothing that attracks frauders !heh

I feel a little sorry for Nigerians - at least the legitmate people trying to order things online. We've hosted Nigerian websites in the past and found them to be great customers - self suffient and very friendly.

However the amount of scam issues coming from the country makes it next to impossible to not be very suspicious of any order.

Having said that, those orders you list sound pretty suspect - to say the least.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I'm surprised you weren't asked to send back the balance via Western Union. Usually they ask you to "refund" the difference to them as well. Then the victim is out a laptop AND some cash.

Really a shame the government in Nigeria isn't trying to crack down. Maybe they see it as a non-violent way for citizens to get money that doesn't hurt fellow countrymen.

I have worked in africa for quite a while , and i learned that the poor life they have make them all hungry for wealth and whenever a way succeeds they jst keep repeating it , like another "same everyday story i had"
    Liberian guy passes by my place , enters and asks for help , (since i was in west africa , a french spoken terr. , liberians try to impress you speaking english since majority cant, and they go on as : i have a car coming by the transit and i have to take out , i have money suitcase in the back of the car , and i need 1000$ to pay the custom charges and if you help me ill pay you back just when i get my car back"
    A very lousy non stable story and cant fool anyone , but the funny thing is You hear it every single day from another Liberian .
    Nigerians also as an english speakers come to white pple asking "are you interested in few thousand dollars, if you only give me your bank account details and passport photo i can transfer some money to your account and we can split "
    Yeah sure, i hope he splits my money even !
    Another daily one , a fellow comes in your store asking for a change of 100$ ( used currency is cfa - francs ) you check it and its not fake , you change it for him and he goes on i have few thousands i want to exchange <-- when this first happened ot me i was like okey ! because its like 10$ profit in each bill buying and selling the currency , but i was suspecious and checked every single bill , and you can come up with up to ten bills fake !
    Various ways , but whats is interesting that every single way has the same pple trying to repeat it , as if someone snatches a victim , go telling everyone , and everyone is trying to do the VERY EXACT SAME scam !