NameCheap or GoDaddy ?

Were should I register my 1 .COM Domain Name??

So far i really like GoDaddy, because i have Some PROMO Codes. but i like Namecheap with the free WhoisGuard n such..
    which place better ?? you think (quality, etc)
    btw Price @ Namecheap: 7.99
    Price @ GoDaddy: 7.20
    ???
    Last edited by SeanB_66; 11-14-2005 at 12:09 AM.

Try going beyond price and finding out which between the 2 matches your needs
    the best.

Go with godaddy. Namecheap gives me tons of issues. grrrrr............

godaddy

im having troubles with namecheap too

whoisguard email services down for a week, lots of odd things happening with the names

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB_66
    btw Price @ Namecheap: 7.99
    Pardon me...
    care to shed a light on how do I go about getting this price... I saw 8.88

TIA

I tried to register 4 new domain names for 2 years yesterday at Godaddy using SAVETEN coupon code. Suddenly, I decided to try Yahoo!'s US$2.99 domain registration. I am glad I did, because I registered 9 domain names for 5 years.

I have tried Register.com, Tucows, and Godaddy. I am new to Yahoo! I haven't tried NameCheap yet so I cannot comment on NameCheap. Personally, I like Godaddy's control panel and they also make it easier for you to buy domain names in bulk unlike Yahoo where you have to pay one by one.

Anyway, at US$2.99 I do not complain.

Quote Originally Posted by koushibasaki
    Anyway, at US$2.99 I do not complain.
    2.99.... Do U "own" the domain?? any string?

edited:: regarding my post#5, I think I see another thread on this... thanks guy!!
    Last edited by silhouette; 11-18-2005 at 03:07 AM.

domainrack.com <-- godaddy but usually cheaper. sets price to minimum reseller price.

I have used godaddy for years and in my mind they are by far the best. I have never had a single issue with a domain to this date.

My vote goes for GODADDY!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by silhouette
    2.99.... Do U "own" the domain?? any string?

edited:: regarding my post#5, I think I see another thread on this... thanks guy!!

I didn't read their TOS carefully. Is there any catch that I am not aware of? I didn't check their renewal fee

I just checked Whois database and my name appeared as the registrant, admin, and technical contact. Is this good enough?

I don't know why the registrars are lowering the price of the domain names. In the past it used to be around US$35 per domain. If this is the domain registrars' marketing trick i.e. enticing us to register as many domain as possible but later will charge us at higher price like US$35 per domain, I don't think I can afford to keep all of the numerous domain names I own.

Last edited by koushibasaki; 11-18-2005 at 03:43 AM.

I prefer Godaddy, I've dealed with Namecheap as well but godaddy offers much more web site control.
    Hostime Managed Hosting
    Opening the bridge between your business and the world.
    http://www.hostime.com

Quote Originally Posted by koushibasaki
    I didn't read their TOS carefully. ...
    I just checked Whois database and my name appeared as the registrant, admin, and technical contact. Is this good enough?

oic ... Good for you there!! (being listed as registrant, etc)
    think there is a thread sometime ago here... check it out

godaddy yes, namecheap is monkey register

I can't stand GoDaddy. Push ads that you have to click "no thanks" to, self-imposed 60 day push rule, cumbersome control panel for bulk edits, and their drop service is uh...lacking. I would take Richard at Namecheap over noDaddy anyday. Of course if I wasn't an ETP myself I would probably use Moniker because I really don't like Domainsite.

I agree, GoDaddy do bombard you with adverts, however thats why there domains cost less.

Im not sure realy, they both have there good and bad points. GoDaddy has good support, where-as Namecheap support lacks the good old fashoned "lets help the customer".

I can' understand that people talk a lot about support or NameCheap or Godaddy or someone else... As we use these companies as registrars, we don't often use their support, if I don't use their webhosting services... In such case the cheaper wins..
    Tell me, if I'm wrong.

tenzan
    Windows - reboot
    Linux - be root