powervps.com starting to go down hill

thats right i never thought i would say it but powervps has overloaded there vps's and now vps speeds are rediculously slow... when i first switched over from the big DINX to WEBHOSTSUCKSPLUS ordeal they were awesome but now my grandma has been running my data from server to website and is winning....

Your website loads pretty fast from here...(capacityhost.com). What exactly is the problem you're experiencing?

Tip--I suggest you be a bit more professional in your posts if you want people to take you seriously...
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Thread moved to VPS Forum.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

4. This issue was resolved via trouble ticket.

There is not an issue with the hardware node itself.
    Rob Yates
    Sales Engineer
    PowerVPS / Virtacore
    Virtacore Systems, Inc.

I doubt it

They seem very fast to me. Your post seems a little malicious. Why is that?

The move to the new facility has been utterly disappointing. Resource usages strikes real high on nothing, a general slowdown of the VPS even with tweaks. My celerons perform better. Never had such problem before the move. I had been recommending PowerVPS like a maniac.

Thinking of cancelling my VPS, which has been struggling hard since the move. And my account is now empty for the moment, (moved out after complaints) still struggling shift between pages.

It never fails, someone has a bad experience at a host, and instead of opening (and waiting for) a ticket, they come here and try to "warn" others. While sometimes legitimate, and not fixed via support channels, most often it's a knee jerk reaction to a problem.

Just a word of advice to those posting these "host sucks" topics: be a little patient with your host. Try to work out the issues, and open a discussion with them before posting in a place like this.
    If you think that damaging a host's reputation is worth it to get your site running again, that's just selfish. Sometimes it might be deserved....often not.
    Having problems, or maybe questions about WHT? Head over to the help desk!

8. Also... the migration has absolutely NOTHING to do with performance issues. Many servers were physically migrated, meaning there was no change in hardware at all.

The rest were done via server-to-server migrations. The hardware specs for each node were the same or BETTER. Some nodes had additional memory added to them, others had disks replaced, etc.

As bear suggested, please feel free to open a support ticket if you are seeing performance issues. There are MANY factors that can cause problems. If you have a ticket open already, please feel free to ask that it be escallated to me (the support manager) or e-mail me the ticket ID at robert {at} defenderhosting.com.
    Rob Yates
    Sales Engineer
    PowerVPS / Virtacore
    Virtacore Systems, Inc.

capacityhost.com loads fast. Check your ISP. Do a trace from your machine.
    Alex - President
    ASThost - Your affordable and reliable webhosting solution.
    http://www.asthost.com

Quote Originally Posted by JLHost
    The move to the new facility has been utterly disappointing. Resource usages strikes real high on nothing, a general slowdown of the VPS even with tweaks. My celerons perform better. Never had such problem before the move. I had been recommending PowerVPS like a maniac.

Thinking of cancelling my VPS, which has been struggling hard since the move. And my account is now empty for the moment, (moved out after complaints) still struggling shift between pages.
    Hey There, as Rob suggested, open a ticket or have an open ticket raised to his attention. Most of the nodes ended up being physically moved from one building to another due to time constraints. The early moves were server to server, so unless you were moved early on, you are still on the same server with the same folks as you were in the old building.

Of course we'd like to help resolve any issues you have, except WHT isn't our helpdesk and almost all the techs do not read or reply to customers on here.

If you think it is a node issue or if we can't isolate the problem, we can certainly migrate you to a new node now that we are done with the move and taking orders again, hardware is ready.

Tom

http://capacityhost.com/ download quite fast in Asia here. But I think if someone is using 56kbps modem they will find it is slow to download due to the way the site is designed.

Condemning PowerVPS in this forum will only turn away your potential customers if you are a web hosting reseller and your potential customers happened to be in this forum and they happened to see that you are using a server that is "starting to go down hill."

Pinging capacityhost.com [204.157.37.159]:

Ping #1: Got reply from 204.157.37.159 in 2.2ms [TTL=59]
    Ping #2: Got reply from 204.157.37.159 in 2.0ms [TTL=59]
    Ping #3: Got reply from 204.157.37.159 in 1.9ms [TTL=59]
    Ping #4: Got reply from 204.157.37.159 in 2.3ms [TTL=59]

Done pinging capacityhost.com!
    I pinged from dnsstuff.com. Not sure whether they are using PowerVPS coz 2.3ms is the fastest I have seen so far. Faster than pinging Servint server. But PowerVPS plan is still too expensive for me.