Managed dedicated server?

Hello,

I was just wondering if I would be capable of managing a dedicated server (Fully managed). I have little experience off it yet I was planning on getting a VPS and have some experience of VPs, but I would like a dedicated.

Servstra seems okay but I was wondering if anyone else has any relatively cheap fully managed dedicated server links?

Please give your opinions on whether it would be possible, thank you.

www.dedicatednow.com
    www.allmanaged.com
    www.theplanet.com

Offers managed servers. If you don't have much experience, you will face problems, better go for managed servers. Ask before buying what you get as part of managed service. Some managed service expect you know the basic stuff.

With a server, once everything is installed. Can you just go about creating and maintaining accounts through Cpanel/plesk?

Yes, but you will need to know working with SSH to run a server your self. With managed servers, data center will do. Before you get one, ask them if they will handle all SSH things for you.

If you don't really need a dedicated server, better start with a managed VPS. There are providers who provide fully managed VPS.

Other than SSH? Should there be many more problems on a managed server?

If you are managed, not much problems, you don't even need to know SSH with a good managed server provider. Or you can get a server administrator to do the server administration works for you.

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=flashwebhost]www.dedicatednow.com
    www.allmanaged.com
    www.theplanet.com

Out of those theplanet not offering any right now , allmanged timed out on me.

So those links not worth anything.

Plus , u can learn ssh from online , i learnt it and manage server ok ok not good at it but not bad at it either ( maybe just lucky till now) But yaa if u have money to go for managed than go for it, if u feel like saving money , learn ssh or if u have problems people here are freindly they will help u , like they helped me.

So its ur call depending on ur budget, maybe i can help u too manage it if ur zero at ssh, or as suggested higher proferssional administrators. i do administartion for sake of knowledge only, nothing is better than learning something new daily.

Thank you for the replies. Will continue asking for peoples opinions and see, am deffinetly thinking fully managed dedicated at the moment though, over a VPS.

Does anyone have any recommendations of companies which I would be suited for? Having very little knowledge in dedicated servers.

fully managed server is not cheap. I am not sure about Servstra's services, but a pro-active managed server can cost $200 /month at least at a good provider. They will take care everything on your server, know it has trouble when you are sleeping, and fix it before you know you may want to talk with providers about their management plans. The names come to my mind when saying managed servers are cyberwurx, rackspace, servint... but I guess they are too expensive than your budget level if comparing to Servstra

I will be willing to go over, but as most people starting I dont want to spend alot. Not all in one go. $200 possibly a bit more would be within my budget, not alot more.