ServInt Managed Hosting

Anyone who has had any experience with this company i would like to hear about it I have heard good things but the only downside i can see is that they don't offer as much bandwidth as other companies for the same price.

I am looking for the best possible managed company i can go with.

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DavetheWave
    Anyone who has had any experience with this company i would like to hear about it I have heard good things but the only downside i can see is that they don't offer as much bandwidth as other companies for the same price.

I am looking for the best possible managed company i can go with.

thanks!
    RackSpace.com
    Follow me
    on
    twitter!

with rackspace.com you are pretty much on your own to manage the server correct? Im looking for a company with the best managed services.

I'd actually suggest Data393 - they seem to be a good company (I have a VPS with them and it's been pretty darn reliable).

with rackspace.com you are pretty much on your own to manage the server correct? Im looking for a company with the best managed services.
    No, you're thinking of RackShack. RackSpace is fully managed.

rackspace? 150gigs of bandwidth on each package!!

Doesnt offer cpanel either

damn

isnt rackspace expensive as hell

i just got a quote of $600 a month for the same thing most hosts offer for $200-$300 a month.

Don't get me wrong, rackspace looks like they have their shi* together and its obvious they have big bucks behind them. But seems a bit over priced.

they take forever to give me a quote

Greetings,
    i just got a quote of $600 a month for the same thing most hosts offer for $200-$300 a month.

Don't get me wrong, rackspace looks like they have their shi* together and its obvious they have big bucks behind them. But seems a bit over priced.
    What exactly is it that that they quoted you on, if you don't mind sharing?

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Single AMD Athlon 64
    1 GB DDR RAM
    80 GB EIDE Hard Drive
    150 GB Bandwidth monthly (i asked for 1500 instead of 150)
    10 GB Managed Backup weekly
    Plesk

Well, you kind of answered your own question there...

They are "overpriced" only if you consider $600/month of absolutely unbeatable service and support to be worth only $300/month.

We've recommended many of our clients to them over the years, and all of them (without exception) are very happy. All of them also pay an arm and a leg (compared to "cheap hosting") for their services.

I think rackspace is a good example of "you get what you pay for".

I am the first to admit that not everyone needs such high degree of service and support, although many would certainly like it. The fact is that providing the level of service/support that they offer costs a lot of money, and they wouldn't be in business or have the reputation they do if they couldn't do it.

They are a premium service provider -- not a budget provider. Comparing them to "most hosts" on price alone is not a fair or accurate comparison.

We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!