Haha, funny UK lottery spam

Ok, so you've probably all seen these before... but take a look:

THE UK NATIONAL LOTTERY HEADQUARTERS
    28 TANFIELD ROAD, CROYDON.LONDON.
    Ref: KPC/9080118308/02/TCA
    Batch: 12/25/0034
    Attention.

We happily bring to your notice the results of the UK National Lottery programs held on the 17th of October 2005 in London. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: 564 75600545 188 with Serial number: 5388/02 drew the lucky numbers: 31-6-26-13-35-7, which subsequently won you a prize in the 2nd category. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of GBP1,500,000.00 (One Million Five Hundred Thousand Pounds) in cash credited to file
    KPC/9080118308/02/TCA.

This prize is from a total cash prize of GBP75,000,000.00 (Seventy Five Million Pounds) shared amongst the first Fifty (50) lucky winners in this grand category "B". This year Lottery Program Jackpot is the largest ever for British Lottery. The estimated GBP75,000,000.00 jackpot would be the sixth-biggest in U.K. history.

The biggest was the GBP363,000,000.00 jackpots that was shared between two winners in January 2004 draw of the Big Game Mega Millions' predecessor.

All participants were selected randomly from various websites on 'The World Wide Web, www' through a computer draw system and extracted from over 100,000 companies. This promotion takes place annually. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your prize remitted to you as required in this grand category "B" terms and conditions of claims. This is a part of our precautionary measure to
    avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by non winners.

Please note that, your lucky winning number falls within our European Booklet representative office in London as indicated in our play Coupon. In view of this, your GBP1,500,000.00 (One Million Five Hundred Thousand Pounds) prize would be transferred to your designated Bank account. Our approved agent, The Trans Atlantic Company will immediately commence on processing your claims, to facilitate the release of your prize to you as soon as you make contact with them.

Please be advised as follows: To file for your claim, kindly contact our fiduciary agent with the below details for processing your claims:
    Name: Dr. Steve Burch.
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Tel: +44 703 194 1002
    Fax: +44 709 286 1516
    Foreign Services Manager, Payment and Release order Department, Trans Atlantic S.A
    London, United Kingdom.

Note that, all claims processes and clearance procedures must be duly completed early to avoid impersonation and or double claiming.

To avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please quote your Reference/batch numbers in any correspondences with us or our designated agent.
    Congratulations once more from all members and staff of this program.
    Yours Faithfully,
    Mrs. Claudia Beckford.
    Lottery Co-ordinator.
    For: The UK National Lottery.

I love the attention to detail, really surprised me, I thought it would be a few lines - but nope - tons of detail about winning and why you need to contact blah.

It surprises me that people fall for this stuff, surely people know the UK Lottery isn't going to send them an email letting them know they've won?

The biggest was the GBP£363,000,000.00 jackpots that was shared between two winners in January 2004 draw of the Big Game Mega Millions' predecessor.
    that is just perfect
    Coreix | your solution www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

Indeed lol. Don't you find it surprising that people fool for it though?

It doesn't take much to realise it's a scam.

I get rubbish like that all the time....

Quote Originally Posted by KI-ChrisE
    I love the attention to detail, really surprised me, I thought it would be a few lines - but nope - tons of detail about winning and why you need to contact blah.
    That is pretty entertaining spam. All I get are boring lists of "natural" sex enhancing drugs or unbelievably cheap microsoft software.
    Bob
    The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is now.
    - African Proverb

People do fool for it because of the sheer masses of e-mails they send out.

doh!
    seems like a Turkish dude. Can't expect a cleverer move
    Closed for winter...

Isn't there somebody this can be reported to considering they've left their telephone number and address? :|

I know usually you'd expect that to be fake but the address is already listed on a governments fraud web site so its real.

Just delete it,dont respond.....

Lo$ers!!

Tinyurl is the answer for posting long urls!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude
    Just delete it,dont respond.....

Lo$ers!!

I'm hardly likely to respond.

Lol I love reading these emails when I'm not in a rush or anything, it really is astonishing how far some people will go to scam others. It's like all those "you have a relative in Nigeria who has millions of dollars and has just died of [insert unknown disease here] and you have inherited their money"

Except they're always full of grammatical errors and spelling errors too. Once, I replied to one pointing out all of his shortcomings. Never took any notice though

– Some people are just unbelievable!

Personally I never get these sorts of emails though. All the spam I get is: replica watches, cheap prescription drugs, working from home and cheap corporate logos. Not that I want any more spam mind you.

one of my hobbies is to drive that guys mad-www.scamorama.com you can read some of them

Awwww I wish I could win the lottery All I get is e-mails from dudes in Africa wanting me to invest money with them lol