Thread: Is this bad?

Post Is this bad?

I have a resellers account, and everything has been going well untill now,

When i try to add/ create/ edit an account, i get the following message
    The /usr, /, or /var partition on this server is running out of disk space. This WHM operation has been temporarily suspended to prevent something bad from happening. Please ask your system admin to remove any files not in use on that partition.
    Also, the server status looks bad too. I have posted an attachment...

I was told by someone a while ago, then when the Disk hda2 (/usr) DMA+ goes to 75%, its bad... but now its at 100%

Im trying to contact this person via Yahoo, but there not answering me.

Is there anything I can do?
    Thanks for your help,
    Ryan

The server load is now at 11.4 (4 cpus) -- and still Red

I think the drives full!

Is there anything i can do about that?

If the host isnt responding to your support requests, there is nothing you can do except be prepared for the worst. Im not saying it will happen but you never know. Make a backup of all your data now, and start looking for an alternative.

grr... i cant aford to move to another host, i have a little over 100 clients... and this would be the 4 time we moved within 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by rjnsmith
    grr... i cant aford to move to another host, i have a little over 100 clients... and this would be the 4 time we moved within 3 months.

/usr is most like the logs are not rotating
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    /usr is most like the logs are not rotating
    What do you mean?

Greetings,

Then perhaps you should be more careful picking a host? It's hard to find a good host these days, especially with the adverse amount of self proclaimed "CEO"s who are actually just 14 year olds behind the computer screen.

What do you mean?
    The logs are generally located in /usr and Rob mentioned that the logs may not be rotating (being cleaned out [usually at the end of the month]).

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I would backup all your sites to be safe (should backup them up no matter what), a host that lets their drives fill to 100% shouldnt be trusted with your business. Who is your host?
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

*Cough* im 15 *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by SJRHosting.com
    I would backup all your sites to be safe (should backup them up no matter what), a host that lets their drives fill to 100% shouldnt be trusted with your business. Who is your host?
    Greetings,

Technically it isn't the drives that are being filled up--it's the partitions under a single drive [or raid array]. This isn't a major problem...as long as the host solves it.

*Cough* im 15 *cough*
    Okay?

Thanks,
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I wont say who the host is yet, however, if i get no response soon, i will post the link.

The Server Load is now 8.75

Maybe there in the process of fixing it?

The Server Load is now 8.75

Maybe there in the process of fixing it?
    Greetings,

Probably not, I'd imagine traffic just died down a bit.

From the looks of it, you've stumbled upon a kiddie host [kind of ironic that you're a kid yourself]

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by elix
    Greetings,

Technically it isn't the drives that are being filled up--it's the partitions under a single drive [or raid array]. This isn't a major problem...as long as the host solves it.

Okay?

Thanks,
    Sorry, I read the first post wrong, I thought it said the harddrive was 100% full.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Now The Server Load is 6.67

Im gussing it getting a little better, however, im not sure. The server is getting very slow now.

Greetings,

Sorry, I read the first post wrong, I thought it said the harddrive was 100% full.
    No need to apologize...we all make mistakes.

Now The Server Load is 6.67

Im gussing it getting a little better, however, im not sure. The server is getting very slow now.
    Do you know the specs of their server?

Thanks,

In my WHM it says:

Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz
    Processor #1 speed: 2000.104 MHz
    Processor #1 cache size: 1024 KB

Processor #2 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #2 Name: Intel(R) XEON(TM) CPU 2.00GHz
    Processor #2 speed: 2000.104 MHz
    Processor #2 cache size: 1024 KB

Processor #3 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #3 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #3 speed: 2000.104 MHz
    Processor #3 cache size: 1024 KB

Processor #4 Vendor: GenuineIntel
    Processor #4 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.40GHz
    Processor #4 speed: 2000.104 MHz
    Processor #4 cache size: 1024 KB
    Is this what you need?

Oh, and im 16... turning 17 in Feb.... lol

*Cough* im 15 *cough*
    Oh, and im 16... turning 17 in Feb.... lol
    OK, wich one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by SJRHosting.com
    Who is your host?
    100$ in hostinglite...

Quote Originally Posted by ResellersHQ
    OK, wich one is it?
    I said " Oh, im 16, going on 17 in Feb." because i made a typo saying i was 15.

The Disk hda2 (/usr) DMA+ is now at 80%

The owner just gave me a refund, and send an email to me saying hes sorry, and the tech's are fixing everything.

and guesss what. this was atcomputers.us . one of the bigest jokes in the hosting business. i was with them for 3 month and had 4 serverchanges, he even take his server offline without notice. after contacting him you get the message, then its to late for backups.
    serverload and servers not working is normal with him. he always say techs working on it. never get better. or he blame the DC for his own useless knowlegde about this business.
    i went away from them in august after 4 serverchanges and he take it offline again to move to next place i said stop. and as i can see here he keep on moving around.
    if you try to say anything negative in his forum he only delete it
    stubrud.com since 2002
    lauching new services soon at webservere.no

Your right..... i did post things on his forums about his host and he deleated it twice!

Good luck, Ryan! I hope this doesn't happen to you again!
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

Your right..... i did post things on his forums about his host and he deleated it twice!
    only twice? he deleted my post several times.
    when with hin total uptime was around 80% because he was often offline due serverchange/location or his apache stop work and so. always said techs work on it.
    stubrud.com since 2002

Well if they gave you a refund, make backups if you can and move, as the only real way to fix this is to re-format the drive or hire a good server admin who knows how to fix stuff.

If it's his DC doing the work they will most likely want to format the drive and make /usr bigger.
    Robert Merrihue - President/CEO
    http://www.bethehost.com
    Where resellers become a host on servers we own and operate.
    Web Hosting Since 2000 *** 12+ Years in the hosting industry

Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    Well if they gave you a refund, make backups if you can and move, as the only real way to fix this is to re-format the drive or hire a good server admin who knows how to fix stuff.

If it's his DC doing the work they will most likely want to format the drive and make /usr bigger.
    who knows who take care of it. he said he have techs on his own othertimes its the DC . he moved several times last 6 month 7 or 8 times or something like that
    i asked for a refund but since i wasnt live in US he dont bother.
    its only one thing to say. stay away from atcomputers.us
    stubrud.com since 2002

Quote Originally Posted by letas
    100$ in hostinglite...
    Letas, you've been going around to every post trying to accuse my company of every bad thing that is happening. Is that all you signed up for on WHT? If so, consider your self banned.

Quote Originally Posted by FredTT
    Letas, you've been going around to every post trying to accuse my company of every bad thing that is happening. Is that all you signed up for on WHT? If so, consider your self banned.
    there might be reason for that. looks like he got a point in his posts. your post just make it more clear,
    Last edited by stubrud; 11-20-2005 at 04:11 PM.
    stubrud.com since 2002

Its these kind of hosts that make the decent hosting companies look bad. There are so many companies out there that get into this industry thinking it is a breeze and a quick way to make money. Well it is not a breeze by any means. It takes alot of hard work and dedication.

Any company that does not fix a problem like this within a timely manner should not be in the industry. If you dont know how to fix it yourself I recommend that some of the companies go and hire 3rd party techs to sevice the servers. I mean these comapnies are there for a reason.

Bottome line is that companies like this disgust me

yeah youre so correct in what youre talking about.
    this thread is about atcomputers.us(whisch is down again) . i use to have i reseller with them before i got my own servers, i had several severchanges because of trouble with his server, and ALWAYS he say techs working on it, he say he several tech work for him but if he do why cant they even get ONE server working as they should and why do they always have to change DC . that jordan guy is a big joke. i cant count how many times users have lost their stuff because he gets his servers disconnected. and when he get them turn of he never appear to be online to msn /yim . he will only be back online when a new server is online.
    negative things in his forum he delete som others cant see the trouth about this company.. i have been this way for a year atleast according to what i have read
    stubrud.com since 2002