Thread: Squash....

Squash....

Tomorrow I'm going to go play Squash...that game where you wack a ball against a wall and your friend wacks it back. The only problem is, she's never played it before and the last I played it was 5 years ago (this was weekly at a club) but I can't really remember the rules.

Now I could google this, but every forum needs a good squash thread

From memory under the bottom line and above the top are out and the other person will get a point if you hit there? It can hit the floor once, yes?

What i'm never good with is, how are points awarded and what score does someone win at....or is it a time thing? Anyother rules i may need to know?
    Web Handyman - Website and Internet Marketing Service

You can play different rules but these are what I go by:

Can only score on your serve.
    You have to serve with one foot in the service box.
    Serve must be between middle line and top of the wall, it must then come back to the other persons quarter of the court.
    If it touches the red line surrounding the court it is out. On the line doesn't count like in tennis
    First to 9 points, and leading by 2, wins the game. Other points commonly used are 15 and 21.

Try and get a ball with a red dot on it (training ball), will make the game a bit easier for both of you.
    Steve

Thank you steve! I might not do the serve one and just say you score if you let the ball hit the floor or get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex-Steve
    Can only score on your serve.
    Sounds good...wasn't sure if they bounced and could or couldn't be counted! I know that the balls have different colours for different strengths...we're going to play with what ever she can did up I think.

Ball is not allowed to bounce (and being a squash ball isn't exactly going to bouncy that high anyway).

Try and get a ball with a red dot on it (training ball), will make the game a bit easier for both of you.
    on another note I'm going to have to try digging out my racket tomorrow...it's somewhere in the shed.

Ball is not allowed to bounce (and being a squash ball isn't exactly going to bouncy that high anyway).
    Ignore that bit. I was thinking of something I was doing in training last week where it wasn't allowed to bounce! It has to be hit before the second bounce. Even still the second bit is right, it won't be bouncing that high like tennis so you're gonna be doing a lot of running!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex-Steve
    Ignore that bit. I was thinking of something I was doing in training last week where it wasn't allowed to bounce!

haha, I'm sure the sport's centre have some sort of rule book...and i'm sure we'll ignore and abuse it!