Smile BQ Internet Off-Site Backups

I have joined the many satsified fans of bqinternet backup services.

Scott has been incredibly helpful in setting up RSYNC backups for my ded servers and I wholeheartedly recommend his services.

It is an excellent solution to have off site data backup at super affordable prices.

If you're even just thinking about offsite backup, go to BQ and check it out.

Thansk to the WHT forums for pointing their services out. They have many happy customers!

Regards,

Kaitlyn

Yeah, I haven't seen one bad post about BQ Internet around here. It seems like there's loads of happy customers.

Personally it would be my first choice if I needed such backup solutions in the future.

I use them. Great service, no issues at all.

Great company to work with. Best pricing I have seen. Scott is alway willing to help in any way possible. I have been using them since June.

Quote Originally Posted by shockuk
    Yeah, I haven't seen one bad post about BQ Internet around here. It seems like there's loads of happy customers.
    Oh, there have been a few bad posts too, but I like to think we handle them professionally

Thanks for the kind words.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***

My only complaint is it seems whenever I need a backup hardware fails... but they get it fixed up in a reasonable amount of time... just horrible luck.
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs
    Powered By JAM - Professional Website Development - PHP, MySQL, JavaScript, AJAX - Projects Small & Large

I've had that happen a couple of times, but to their credit, the fixed it quickly and never lost data.

I am curious if anyone is using the service to backup Windows workstations/server? If so, what backup client or procedure are you using?

They are great, Scott is very helpful. I would recommend them, can't beat their prices. A+

I am curious if anyone is using the service to backup Windows workstations/server?
    Yep, I am. I installed cwRsync, a Windows package containing Rsync and cygwin, which allows Rsync to run on Windows.

I use it to backup my W2k3 server to BQ via a scheduled batch file. Once I learned the command line options for Rsync, it was basically set it and forget it.

I'd like to chime in and compliment BQ Internet on their services as well.

Scott is a very personable and knowledgeable fella that provides an excellent service.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
    ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by svdorr
    I've had that happen a couple of times, but to their credit, the fixed it quickly and never lost data.

I am curious if anyone is using the service to backup Windows workstations/server? If so, what backup client or procedure are you using?
    We backup a w2k3 server with SyncBackSE from works great. Can't post the URL yet since I am too much of a newbie. The company is 2brightsparks

DaPotato,

How easy is the software to use and configure? Does it backup through FTP or is it also developed using Rsync. I am currently using the Rsync based backup software from BQInterent. It works, but is not end user friendly. I am trying to find something that would be easy for an end user to configure with a little instruction.

Hi,

I too also use BQ for my backups and am extremely happy with their service.
    Centation Web Services
    Bristol based web design
    Offering website design, SEO, website hosting, website development and domain registration.

We backup a w2k3 server with SyncBackSE from works great. Can't post the URL yet since I am too much of a newbie. The company is 2brightsparks
    Are you able, lets say, to restore from a 2 days old backup ? I mean, does it support archives ?

It's simply an account on their web server for you to copy data to. It really depends on how you setup your backup. If using Rsync, you get an synced copy of your server data on the backup server. If you are using Cpanel's backup, you can keep daily, weekly and monthly archives. You can create a weekly backup rotation where you backup to a different folder each day of the week, and then overwrite it each week. Does that make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by svdorr
    DaPotato,

How easy is the software to use and configure? Does it backup through FTP or is it also developed using Rsync. I am currently using the Rsync based backup software from BQInterent. It works, but is not end user friendly. I am trying to find something that would be easy for an end user to configure with a little instruction.
    It is super easy to use, you can download a trial of the current version and it only costs $25 if you decide to use it. They do have an older version that I believe is freeware.

It uses ftp not rsync. I have never used Rsync but I think it works kind of the same way, you just select the folders (or the whole drive) and it makes a mirrored copy of the files and structure on the bqinternet ftp site. Then every time it is scheduled to run it scans the files and compares the mod date and just moves over anything that was modified since the last run.

Setting it up is super simple, there is a nice GUI, and it interfaces directly with the NT Scheduler. You just have to make sure that you set it up to only sync in one direction, from the source.

Thanks for the info. I will check it out.

another satisfied customer here, no complaints. imho, for 100GB $20/month (check their site for the latest pricing), it's a steal.