Miami Bound Monday

Going to fly in to Miami Monday night. Will be in the area for 3 weeks doing Hurricane Wilma relief work.

If anybody is in the area, let me know. I should get 1 day off, and would not mind hooking up for a beer with a fellow WHT'r. Not sure what day I will get off, or where exactly I will be.

Glenn
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet

If you get a chance, head south towards homestead. There's a site there called "Coral Castle", you'll be amazed at the massive blocks of stone that a small man single handedly cut, lifted and placed into position.

http://www.coralcastle.com/home.asp
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Awesome. If I get a chance, I will check it out. Thanks!
    Glenn

Hello Glenn,

I am back in Texas on vacation or I would have offered to meet up with you sometime! If you can't find anything to do while in Miami(when I left it was a big trashheap still) send me a PM and I will give you some hints.
    Last edited by (Stephen); 11-12-2005 at 05:34 PM.

Just a quick update....

I am in Broward County. My hotel is in Deerfield Park FL. If anybody is close to the area, PM me.

I should be here until at least the 5th of December, though they have extended my stay until a week befor Christmas.

I was in the field doing Case Work, then was promoted to Team Leader (3 teams of 3 cars with 3 people each), and am now a supervisor with more that 140 people out in the field. The days are long, and the paper work is incredible. But we are getting to everybody that has contacted the Red Cross for disaster assistance.

Gotta run, still have paperwork to do.
    Glenn