Thread: best hosting

best hosting

Hello

My friend needs an hosting, he has 5 domains to be hosted where he needs 50 GB or more BW with space 1 GB.

price he quoted must be less than $9/month

he will pay only in monthly.

i need to get a list of good hosting providers here,

thats quite a low price for the amount of bandwidth and space. Take a look round the offers forum and draw up a list of potential hosts, then do a search on here to narrow it down. Finally if you're still stuck ask for an opinion on certain hosts. I think that should help you find something suitable.

Adam
    AMN WebTech
    We offer a variety of plans at competitive rates.
    Visit us for further details www.amnwebtech.co.uk

Yep lots of hosts around here for that price. Can't say I'd suggest many of them as most are unreliable.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 11-12-2005 at 06:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmweb
    Yep lots of hosts around here for that price. Can't say I'd suggest many of them as most are unreliable.
    Indeed there are lots of hosts out there offering just that, BUT with so much bandwith required you'll prooooby end up on a heavily oversold server packed with shared accounts (also offered lots of BW), and all that with not more than a shared 1.5Mbps bandwidth.

Do the maths, 1.5Mbps bandwith 24/7 is about 760GB bandwidth. How many sites taking advantage of their bandwidth allocation will it take to totally clog the servers' speed? Additionally, as they'd probably be overselling, it would only take 15 accounts to eat up this bandwith. Something tells me that such a server would house dozens and dozens such "50GB offers", all that assuming that you're actually looking for a *reliable* $9/m host!
    Numaria.com For peace of mind +44 800 075 8187 +1 800 985 8187
    Shared Hosting Reseller VPS Dedicated Servers SSL Domain Names

1.5 Mbps is 480 Gb monthly, not 760 Gb.

And I'm pretty sure that there're many hosting company who are not overselling and providing 50 Gb/month bandwidth for under $9 monthly.
    Easy Image Hosting - http://easyimagehosting.net
    Your ultimate image hosting

480 theoretical speed, ~760 full duplex (actuall both-way transfer limit), anyway, doesn't really matter.

I'd be interested to see reputable 50GB/1GB providers @ $9...

You want a list of good hosting providers... then go look around for hosts in that price range that are loved by their customers. I do think they exist, although there is lots of so-so hosting in that area - even among large companies.
    Good Luck!
    Web Hosting Reviews based on real customer feedback
    77 Ways To More Traffic

www.webhostingbuzz.com

Cheap and Reliable.

I've been with them for almost 3 months, and I've had no problems.

I've been with hostingx.net for a short while - so far they've been top notch. I found them on this forum when I made a thread a few days ago.

thanx for some listings and advice, will it be good to take an VPN or stick with an shared hosting,

well i know managing VPN is not easy, well i am good at linux and shell

Surely you mean VPS?

yes indeed VPS, what is the problem in VPS

Quote Originally Posted by spechackers
    thanx for some listings and advice, will it be good to take an VPN or stick with an shared hosting,

well i know managing VPN is not easy, well i am good at linux and shell

never mind, it's just that you mentioned VPN...

My advice, when you are looking at who provides hosting for the site you have slaved over for months, or paid good money to a designer, you want to know that the host you choose is firstly reliable and secondly there for you when you need them.

There is no point having a brand new Ferrari if you don't have a secure and reliable spot to park it!

Thats all have to say be careful. and backup yourself if you go with unreputable firms. Dont rely on them.