Thread: windows fonts?

Question windows fonts?

Hi everyone, I accidently deleted my fonts from my computer, and I was able to get a few of them back, but now all my fonts are messed up. Is there anywhere I can redownload all the default fonts that come with Windows XP? A majority of my programs have problems with fonts and they are beginning to annoy me. Can any one of you help?

here's an example of a problem I have... this is just one of the many issues...
    Any ideas on how to fix it? I.e. where to get the fonts so they don't look like that?

picture here
    Thanks!

do you have msn messenger or aol?i could send them to you

you can reach me at intervertex on aim but there are huge fonts everywhere and i really can't read anything. Can you send them via email or upload them somewhere? my email address is me [@] rafeed.net
    Thanks for your help!

Why don't you just use your Windows disk?

how would that help? I searched for the fonts and couldn't find them... where are they?

If you can't find them on your hard drive, then they should be on the XP CD in windows/fonts. If you use the CD to fix errors then it may replace them for you.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

like people say google for it.

the fonts are in a *.TT_ format on the xp cd. I've read online to run the windows setup again and it will fix it, but how can you do that without reinstalling windows? Any way to convert the .TT_ files to the necessary types?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by InterVertex
    the fonts are in a *.TT_ format on the xp cd. I've read online to run the windows setup again and it will fix it, but how can you do that without reinstalling windows? Any way to convert the .TT_ files to the necessary types?

Thanks
    Yes, you want to "extract" the files from the install cabs. Grab your XP CD, then do the following:

Make a work folder - say C:\Tempfont. Put the XP CD in the drive and exit from the auto-run.

Start - Run - CMD.EXE and in that give the letter of the CD drive (say D - so

D:
    CD i386
    EXPAND *.TT_ C:\TEMPFONT
    EXPAND *.FO_ C:\TEMPFONT
    C:
    CD \TEMPFONT
    REN *.TT_ *.TTF
    REN *.FO_ *.FON
    EXIT

Then you can copy the fonts as needed from the tempfont folder back into the font folder.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

Thank you! Perfect solution!

dafont.com is a good place to find fonts