vbulletin custom main page. will pay.

hello, i need to have a main forum page a little customized:

recent 20 topics with icons showing what is read what not and forum list just like on regular forum main page again with icons indicating if a forum has a new post or not. i tried to do it myself, works, but slow. i need a main page that would load in a blink of an eye on our dedicated server.

recent treands should include title, descriptions ($preview is good enough), forum where it is posted, topic poster hyperlinked to his/her profile, last poster with link to his/her profile, a link to most recent post on that topic, number of replies and views that topic has.

main page also should have online user, birthdys, event but as i said speed is a critical factor for me.

if you think you can do it please contact me at msn messanger username armanian or email me at virap at yahoo.com

Thank you.

Try one of the many portal hacks available on vBulletin.org, they provide what you're after, and they're free.

thank you Chris, i will check them out. but i think portal hacks would have many other things that i would not need. i need professional grade, fast solultion that does only what we need. but thanksk will for sure check the hacks too.

Most definitely check out the portals. They all include the ability to disable any function that you don't need. I can't think of the name (but it's a download in the vbulletin forums) but anyway, it is a very very nice portal with news/poll/birthdays/PM menu/who's online, etc..just about anything you could want.

thanks kvnband, first i dont know any portal that has features i described (it not just dumping new topics into index.php but also marking them read / new etc.) plus i would rather not have hacked forum.

i want stand alone solution! someone please!

Have you tried looking at www.vBAdvanced.com? While you may not want to hack your forum, the solution really doesn't require much modification and would probably suit all your needs.