Looking for budget reseller host (less than $10)

I'm looking for a budget reseller host. I don't intend to start a business, but I want to have several sites under one account and a reseller account helps keeping everything more organized than through using addon domain names.

What I'm looking for is something like:
    - Space: > 2 Gb
    - Transfer: > 40 Gb
    - Monthly Fee: < $10
    - CPanel
    - MySQL
    - Private name servers are a plus

Anyone knows a decent reseller with a plan that fits this? I've ran into lots of plans in the $15-$25 range, but since I don't want to actually run a business, that's too pricey for me.

Regardless of whether or not you are running a business, it's going to cost the host more than $10 to offer such specs. $15-$25 seems more reasonable. You are almost guaranteed trouble and hassle and wasted time with a price of < $10 for those specs.

You really need to either lower your requirements, or increase your budget.
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

Hmmm... actually, your sig enabled me to find one that has these features, except for private nameservers, but that's not a requirement (I hope that doesn't mean I'm guaranteed trouble, hassle and wasted time if I sign up ). Found a few more so far, collecting opinions on them... anyone has more recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by pamaro
    Hmmm... actually, your sig enabled me to find one that has these features, except for private nameservers, but that's not a requirement (I hope that doesn't mean I'm guaranteed trouble, hassle and wasted time if I sign up ). Found a few more so far, collecting opinions on them... anyone has more recommendations?
    You'd probbably instead of a reseller account might want to look at a multi-domain shared account from a reputable provider. This might also bring the cost down a little bit as well. Just my 0.02 cents.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

That was my initial plan, but then I've started reading about the limitations of addon domains and thinking about how messy it'd be to manage everything... and sort of gave up on it.

That was my initial plan, but then I've started reading about the limitations of addon domains and thinking about how messy it'd be to manage everything... and sort of gave up on it.
    In cPanel, I agree - but H-Sphere/Plesk's approach is totally different (and IMHO, better).
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

podmaro,
    How about dropping a mail to few of the hosts sales box and see what they can offer you, let us know whom you went with
    Good luck with your search!

That's what I'm doing right now. The strongest option at the moment is Vision Plateau, but their payment system (2checkout) doesn't seem to like my credit card... they're trying to solve the problem at the moment. If that fails, I have a few lined up to start inquiring: v3host, resellerzoom, dhww.net, innohosting, hostnetway and switch2hosting. However, Vision Plateau seems to be the one that offers the most for my price range, so I'm trying to see how that goes.

And I'm discussing directly with 2checkout to see what's the problem with the payment system, seems to be something on their side (worked fine with godaddy). Guess that's another thing added to the list of requirements... must not use 2checkout. Oh, and support Java applets (I'm a game developer and one of the sites will have some of my basic Java games).

Thumbs down ResellerZoom?

That's what I'm doing right now... I have a few lined up to start inquiring: v3host, resellerzoom, dhww.net, innohosting, hostnetway and switch2hosting...

I have had bad experiences with ResellerZoom...

I have FuitadNet Reseller. Their Quartz package is $12.49/month and comes with this:

3GB HD Space
    25GB Transfer
    Unlimited MySQL Databases
    Unlimited Subdomains
    Unlimited FTP Accounts
    Unlimited Email accounts (Horde, Neomail, Squirrel Mail)
    Private Nameservers
    cPanel 10.1+WHM 10.1
    Pay Monthly, Quarterly, or Yearly
    24/7 Support

So far, I have had a decent experience with them. I was at a bit of a rocky start waiting for my DNS on my domain to propagate, but after that, it's pretty much been smooth sailing. I haven't had any downtime since I signed up and the phone support is especially good. Although I have had a good time with them, other fuitadnet clients have been less than satisfied. People have complained about downtime with Fuitadnet, but I haven't had any problems, like I said, so far. I also think that my tolerance and patience level with webhosts is pretty high, I usually don't go on a omfg-im-gonna-switch-webhosts rampage too often.

Your Choice,

-Caleb

reseller hosting
    $10 a month
    space: 10 gb
    bandwidth: 250
    unlimited everything else
    CPanel 10, WHM yaddayadda
    this won't let me post urls so...
    www(dot)quarion(dot)info

been with them for a little over 2 months and I haven't had any problems yet!!

Hi there,

I think that's not a self promotion area, you can not add the offer here, you suggest some one other here...

Caleb and erinplaysdead, what site do you each have with the respective hosts?

Try http://www.wbws.net

$10 for 40GB with 800MB space.
    Been with them 2 years with superior support, network reliability and speed!

Quote Originally Posted by anon-e-mouse
    Caleb and erinplaysdead, what site do you each have with the respective hosts?

Well, I would feel embarassed if I posted it because I don't actually have my business yet. Right now it serves as a knowledgebase for Halo2 stuff.

Well, I would feel embarassed if I posted it because I don't actually have my business yet.
    You can send it to the moderators via http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=3483282