My new experience with VPS

I just love it when a company does it right.

I just signed up (last Friday) with PowerVPS on their Power-1 plan and could not give them enough praise so far. My praise goes to them for the following reasons:
    1. My server was ready 2 hours after i signed up.
    2. I had some initial teething problems and every support request was answered within half an hour (most within minutes)
    3. My questions/problems were always welcomed and never did i feel like i was asking a dumb question even though i'm very new to this.
    4. The Vps server was setup will all the software expected and is running well.
    5. Their usage agreement and policies are fair and clearly written.
    I had an absolute nightmare with my previous long term hosting company and this is a refreshing change. Please keep up the good work and thank you to all the recommendations on this forum which helped me choose PowerVPS.

Cheers,

Demetrio

Its good to hear that your enjoying your experince with powervps so far, please come back in a few months to do a follow up review , good luck and i hope you still happy with powervps in a while
    8i Networks - Advanced Web Solutions
    Web Hosting, Web Design, Domain Names and E-Commerce
    Providing Affordable, Reliable and Scalable Web Solutions Since 2000.

I’m wondering just out of curiosity: what is the industry standard or norm for VPS setup times? Mine—with DEHE—was literally setup and I was notified 13 minutes after placing my order. Others seem to take a few hours, and still others seem to take their time, perhaps not getting the VPS setup until the next day.

Is there a standard or average for companies, in terms of VPS setup times? I’m simply wondering.

Regards—and the best of luck to you and your new VPS,
    Robert

I just signed up with DEHE last night (9:00 pm Friday) and 6-7 hours later they had my VPS set up. I think that was fast. Now I am about to try their server and service

Good for you. I wish it continues.
    Kind regards

I had a little problem accessing my Plesk Control panel, the username was incorrect. Their replies to my support ticket was very fast each time. So I'm pleased.

It isn't the VPS which takes much time it is the control panel. If a host offers VPS he is usually ready to go in minutes. So if you don't ask for cPanel etc. your VPS could be up real fast.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperDevil
    I’m wondering just out of curiosity: what is the industry standard or norm for VPS setup times? Mine—with DEHE—was literally setup and I was notified 13 minutes after placing my order. Others seem to take a few hours, and still others seem to take their time, perhaps not getting the VPS setup until the next day.

Is there a standard or average for companies, in terms of VPS setup times? I’m simply wondering.

Regards—and the best of luck to you and your new VPS,
    Robert
    It really depends on company, which control panel, etc.

I know powervps only setup your account after phone verification, they call you manually not the computer system. But usually the VPS is setup within minutes after verification. Some other delays are due to Directadmin having to activate license manually.