DedicatedNOW - Now FULLY managed via ManagedNOW, with Savvis and our specials!

DedicatedNOW

Did you hear? DedicatedNOW finally announces Savvis as our third connectivity point! Come celebrate this new addendum to our network with one of the following specials on ALL NON CLOSEOUT servers! Hurry up and get your server(s), these specials expire 3 PM EST (GMT - 5) on November 16th, 2005!

You can only pick ONE special per server, though you can mix and match the specials with the servers you order, if you pick up more than one server. It's still limited to one special per server. Please keep in mind that this special is only valid on servers that carry any kind of a setup fee with it, as in the closeout servers do NOT qualify for this.

You can do ONE of the following, per server:

$100 credit towards ANY setup level (Coupon Code: 100SUCred)

- OR -

For the single processor servers, one of the following:
    Double the RAM (Coupon code: DBLRAM) OR Double the HD (Coupon code: DBLHD)

For the Dual processor servers, you can use the following: Free RAID1 (Coupon code: FREERAID)

Just place the coupon code in the comments box for that server. If you opt for the setup special, it will be applied at the back end by our billing department. If you don't submit a coupon code, you cannot come back in later and request that we apply it to your account, so make sure you use the coupon code when you submit your orders in! Happy Halloween!

DedicatedNOW is proud to announce that all servers come with Management Servers Stage #4, outlined below. As we expand the plans a bit and get them listed on our site, I'll share with you #1 through #3. Definitely give us a look see if you're in the market for a competitive price, a great server and a great tech support team!

Interested in a Load Balancing, Clustering or a custom solution? Contact [email protected] to discuss your needs.

Customer Testimonials

> Just love the service and support you guys offer
    > Totally fantastic.
    --R. Brigham
    > I just wanted to let you know how pleased I am with the level of service
    > that I have received from your UNIX Technicians, Sorin, Avi and Lucian. I
    > might be missing one!
    >
    > I have used many companies over the years, and non of them can even be
    > remotely compared to the level of service that DedicatedNOW has provided me
    > with. I've screwed up so many things while learning CPanel in the last week
    > and your techs have done everything and beyond to get me back up and running
    > and I truly appreciate it.
    >
    > In fact, your technicians have gone so far beyond what a normal technician
    > would have done without charging large consulting fee's that I actually feel
    > horrible for not being able to buy them each a 12 pack, which they have
    > refused!
    >
    > I also truly appreciate the level of service from your Sales Representative,
    > Mr. Hazard. He was one of the deciding factors in picking DedicatedNOW
    > because his answers were very complete, he's highly personable and I totally
    > feel very comfortable in asking any Sales related questions to him.
    >
    > Keep up the outstanding work!
    --P. Hillock
    More testimonials coming soon!

Tired of having to deal with outsourced server management? Why not go with the guys that actually HOST your server, and save a bit of money, too! Check out this link for our complete ManagedNOW offerings, and give yourself a sanity check, too!

Got a site that pushes a load of traffic? Why not look into adding Unmetered NON-Cogent Bandwidth?
    Add on 10 Mbits Unmetered Bandwidth for $175.00 extra per month. (approx 3200 gigs of transfer, at 100% usage)
    Add on 20 Mbits Unmetered Bandwidth for $300.00 extra per month. (approx 6400 gigs of transfer, at 100% usage)
    Add on 50 Mbits Unmetered Bandwidth for $625.00 extra per month. (approx 16000 gigs of transfer, at 100% usage)
    Add on 100 Mbits Unmetered Bandwidth for $950.00 extra per month. (approx 32000 gigs of transfer, at 100% usage)

All servers come with 5 IP addresses, are FULLY managed and include free security upgrades upon release of new kernel exploits, and other such threats. We allow legal adult content, but do not allow IRC.

Test IP for pings: 216.67.229.205
    Speed tests: http://216.67.229.205

Our SLA is 99.9% - http://www.dedicatednow.com/terms.php#sla

Any questions please don’t hesitate to call or email us at 1-888-734-9320 ext 3 or email [email protected]

---PENTIUM 4--- www.dedicatednow.com

Intel P4 2.8, 800 FSB
    1GB RAM
    120GB SATA HD 8MB Cache
    FREE UPGRADE TO 160GB SATA HD
    1200GB BW
    CentOS / FreeBSD / Fedora Core 2
    Starting at $114.95

Intel P4 3.2, 800 FSB
    1GB RAM
    120GB SATA HD 8MB Cache
    1200GB BW
    Starting at $124.95

Intel Dual Core P4 2.8, 1MB Cache per core
    1GB RAM
    120GB SATA HD 8MB Cache
    1200GB BW
    Starting at $129.95

—AMD64— www.dedicatednow.com

AMD64 2800
    1GB RAM
    120GB SATA HD 8MB Cache
    1200GB BW
    Starting at $84.95

AMD64 3200
    1GB RAM
    120GB SATA HD 8MB Cache
    1200GB BW
    Starting at $129.95

—DUAL XEON— - www.dedicatednow.com
    Dual Xeon 2.8 800 FSB w/HT and 64EMT
    1GB RAM
    2x200 Gb SATA HD 8MB Cache OR 1x74 Gb 10K RPM Raptor (SATA)
    2000Gb BW
    Starting at $219.95

—DUAL OPTERON— - www.dedicatednow.com
    Dual AMD Opteron 246
    Dual 200GB SATA HD 8MB Cache
    2GB RAM
    2000GB BW
    Starting at $ 204.95

ADDONS
    Windows 2003 Standard: $20 Monthly
    RAID1 W/Drive for Single CPU $50 Monthly
    Backup 120GB SATA HD: $25 Monthly
    cPanel: $20 Monthly
    RVSkin, and Fantastico are included FREE with Cpanel. You must select cPanel to get Fantastico and/or RVSkins with your order.
    includes Application Pack and Spam Assassin
    Plesk 100 Domain: $15 Monthly
    Plesk Unlimited Domains: $25 Monthly
    Add RAID1 $30 /m NO SETUP
    Add 1GB Ram $50 /m NO SETUP
    SWAP OUT dual 200GB HD’s for one 74GB RAPTOR DRIVE for MAX performance.

DedicatedNOW Data Center
    The DedicatedNOW Data Center resides in Clifton, NJ, just 14 miles from New York City. This new facility boasts enormous growth potential allowing us capabilities of up to 55,000 sq ft of pure datacenter floor space, and ease of access to backbone providers. Currently, the facility incorporates over 7,500 sq ft of completed raised floor data center space, along with 5000 sq ft of corporate office space which includes a front reception area, conference rooms, and ample space for our employees. The new datacenter has been carefully planned from inception to overcompensate for such factors as cooling, generators, UPS's, secondary generators, fire suppression, and much, much more. Our new facility has been set in place with 7,500 sq ft of raised flooring, 8 (eight) 20 ton AC units and double pre-action fire suppression system. Our datacenter is powered a Liebert UPS system and a Caterpillar generator with 4 days of standby fuel. Our datacenter is monitored 24/7/365 by an overlapping array of CCTV cameras and datacenter entry is secured by both biometric and card key access.

DedicatedNOW DC Pics: http://www.dedicatednow.com/facilities.php

DedicatedNOW Network
    Our network runs on our own dark fiber ring connecting our two redundant pops in 111th NYC and 165 Halsey (Equinix) NJ. Each fiber leg is capable of handling our entire networks traffic in case of a failure. Each leg can upgraded to provide transport capacities up to 320Gbps totaling 640Gbps of available transport capacity. Our core consists of Dual Cisco 6509 SUP720 Routers, fully meshed to multiple aggregation switches for maximum uptime. Our multi-homed network is fueled by premium tier 1 carriers Above.net, NLayer (GlobalCrossing). DedicatedNOW is proud to announce that we're now carrying Savvis on our network and are in negotiations for yet a FOURTH tier 1 carrier!

DedicatedNOW Support
    DedicatedNOW offers:
    - 24/7/365 Live Onsite Support via phone and helpdesk.
    - 24/7/365 Level 3 Technicians
    - 24/7/365 Cisco Network Engineer
    - FULLY managed servers
    Douglas Hazard - Certifiable Sports Junkie and Sports Community Enthusiast

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

ManagedNOW Server Management Stages...

ManagedNOW Stage 4
    · Add Additional IPs to the Server
    · Updates/Patches for Supported/Pre-installed Software and OS as Requested
    · Repair of Major issues with Pre-Installed Software*
    · Ping Monitoring
    · Free Reboots
    · Direct 24/7 Level 3 Staff
    · 24/7 Toll-free Phone Support*
    · 24/7 Onsite Personnel
    · On-Demand Security Assessment (Quarterly Upon request)
    · Operating System Updates
    · Application Security Updates
    · Compromised Server Recovery Level 1
    · Control Panel Updates (CPanel/Plesk)
    · Free hardware failure replacement
    · Free operating system reinstall upon hard drive failure ***
    · $75 fee for OS Reinstall
    Free

ManagedNOW Stage 3
    · All the features in Stage 4
    · NOWSecure Defense System Level 1
    o Initial Security Hardening
    o APF Firewall Installation
    o /tmp directory hardening
    o Rootkit Hunter Installation
    o Catch PHP nobody Spammers
    o SIM (System Integrity monitor)
    o PRM (Process Resource Monitor)
    · Managed Off Server Network Backup
    · Server Port Monitoring – 4 Services
    · Disk Integrity Monitoring and Response
    · Compromised Server Recovery Level 2 (reformat to recover and restore)
    · Service Monitoring
    · No Fee for OS Reinstalls
    · Best Effort Third Party Application Support (within 15min)
    · Resource Monitoring (Drive Space, Processor usage, Server Load, System Memroy, Swap Space, )
    · Failed Service Restart/Repair***
    · 1 Hour System Administration/month**
    $35 Per month

ManagedNOW Stage 2
    · All the features in Stage 3
    · Server Port Monitoring - 6 Services
    · NOWSecure Defense System Level 2
    o NOWSecure Level 1
    o Apache DOS Resistance tuning (mod_dosevasive)
    o Apache Security enhancement (mod_security)
    o BFD installation and response
    · Log Analysis
    · 3 Hour System Administration/month**
    · On-Demand Security Assessment (Monthly)
    · OS Hardening Checkup (Quarterly per request)
    $60 per month

ManagedNOW Stage 1
    COMING SOON!

Host of Two Cents Radio - Follow @TwoCentsRadio on Twitter (@BearlyDoug on Twitter)

I would sign up if setup fee is waived

Setup fee IS waived, in a roundabout way. $100 credit towards any setup level (minus the zero setup ones, come on, be realistic, LOL). So you get the prices with the setup fee of $99.95. If you have any actual questions, please ask them.

I don't get it.. the $100 off, just off the setup Fee?
    thanks.

Yes. $100 off the setup fee, at any level except the $0 level.

DedicatedNOW Network
    Our network runs on our own dark fiber ring connecting our two redundant pops in 111th NYC and 165 Halsey (Equinix) NJ. Each fiber leg is capable of handling our entire networks traffic in case of a failure.

hrmm..and all this time i thought that DARK FIBER meant it was...erm dark..and thus not lit...or unused. I've seen this only being in the telco industry (who has more dark fiber than they know what to do with).

Why would you keep your fiber connections dark?
    I reserve the right to be wrong at all times

phpbb forums without hosting fees

That means they will light it in case of emergencies.
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Quote Originally Posted by Shin
    hrmm..and all this time i thought that DARK FIBER meant it was...erm dark..and thus not lit...or unused. I've seen this only being in the telco industry (who has more dark fiber than they know what to do with).

Why would you keep your fiber connections dark?

Its dark in a sense that we can do anything we want with it, i.e make it 16 gige's or 320 gige's per strand. Or 2 x OC192.
    Jay

Don't you have any SCSI HDD?

- OR - can we change this to " AND"

For the Dual processor servers, you can use the following: Free RAID1 (Coupon code: FREERAID)
    ComCities.Com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    FLV Enable Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by mohdjumah
    Don't you have any SCSI HDD?
    Email sales for a custom quote, but yes we do have SCSI avail.
    Jay

Very interested

Do you have much experience in managing PostgreSQL servers?

Also, how about extending the doubletheram coupon to the Dual Processor servers? That would be huge - I dont need more hard-drive, just more RAM

Quote Originally Posted by BLazeD
    Also, how about extending the doubletheram coupon to the Dual Processor servers? That would be huge - I dont need more hard-drive, just more RAM

I agree with you. Such a huge server [Dual Processor servers] needs more RAM and a SCSI HDD to boost it up. I would go for one if they tweaked their offer a little.

I agree with you. Such a huge server [Dual Processor servers] needs more RAM and a SCSI HDD to boost it up. I would go for one if they tweaked their offer a little.
    Yeah, if they can manage PostgreSQL and I can get more RAM I would be very very keen!

Quote Originally Posted by forumtalk

- OR - can we change this to " AND"

Nice try, but no dice.

Do you have much experience in managing PostgreSQL servers?

The RAM for the dual processor servers actually is a bit more expensive than the standard RAM is. We can attempt to support PostgreSQL at ManagedNOW Stage 3, but there's no guarantee on it, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas
    The RAM for the dual processor servers actually is a bit more expensive than the standard RAM is. We can attempt to support PostgreSQL at ManagedNOW Stage 3, but there's no guarantee on it, unfortunately.
    And stage 2 support? I would need to be absolutely certain you are competent with PgSQL before proceeding, as all the server would do is host PgSQL driven wbesites.

And stage 2 support? I would need to be absolutely certain you are competent with PgSQL before proceeding, as all the server would do is host PgSQL driven wbesites.
    Some of our staff are very knowledgeable with and some aren't. But, for your management time we will make 100% best effort to fix whatever problem you might have.
    Jay

If those offers will be available at the begining of the next month , I will place an order then
    Last edited by Flash Speed; 11-15-2005 at 01:16 PM.

Flash Speed, there's no telling what offers will be rattling through jayglate's and my cranium... but I can guarantee it won't be as nice as this one is. I believe we're doing a different special starting tomorrow at 3 PM (Will post it on our forums first, since the 7 day ad isn't up until after 7 PM TMW night).

I'm definitely interested in this offer, particularly with the AMD Athlon 64 2800+ 1.8GHz server. It looks very good and the price isn't bad, especially with the special offer. I'm just waiting for my old host that I registered my domain with to push the domain to my Enom account (It's like pulling teeth sometimes ).

Take advantage of it as soon as you can (I ordered 4 of the AMD 2800's myself yesterday). The special lasts only for just under 26 hours from the time of this post.

Hey Douglas:

Great special, if it was only about a week and a half from now.. i'd jump on it right away! Unfortunately I will have to wait until next Monday or Tuesday before I can buy.

Are you going to offer any other specials, or can I lay down half the paymet now.. to hold a server? I'm not sure how that would work, but i'm definitely interested and ready to buy (less than a week).
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service

The special ends on sunday, so if you order on sunday, it won't be provisioned to monday.
    Jay

Doug/Jay,

Awesome deal as usual

What's the price to upgrade 1GB to 2GB RAM & additional 120GB HDD? One time fee preferred.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraUnixNET
    What's the price to upgrade 1GB to 2GB RAM & additional 120GB HDD? One time fee preferred.
    as I know they do not offer one time upgrades
    ComCities.Com| provide hosting solutions – Since 2002
    FLV Enable Icecast Hosting | Shoutcast Hosting | Mobile Streaming | Live TV Streaming | Live Radio Streaming
    CPanel Hosting Solutions | Dedicated Servers | Wowza Media Dedicated Servers | CDN Solutions

::pokes Wong:: No one time upgrades.

RAM is dependent on what system it's for, can you clarify that?

160 gig HD is $30 a month (We don't deal with 120 gig HD's any more).

if i order a server
    i dont know to handle a server,
    ll you do it for me?
    init configs, cpanel support, etc?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

Flipe.NET, check out the ManagedNOW plans. If you're not comfy with managing the server yourself at all, consider going with Stage 2 (get the extra security, monitoring and admin time). Be prepared to work with us, since we're not really mind readers and don't know how you want your server configured. But we can definitely work with you.

i have a vps now
    is running nice, but have some configs that i dont know to do
    some hardening, security, etc...
    what you do on initial sets?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former" Albert Einstein

vgood offers... might consider

Quote Originally Posted by Flipe.NET
    i have a vps now
    is running nice, but have some configs that i dont know to do
    some hardening, security, etc...
    what you do on initial sets?
    On ManagedNOW Stage 4 it is very basic hardening, we do /tmp securing and update to date secure kernels. But on Stage 3 is when our Defense package kicks in. There you have custom scirpts, very good system hardening and more.

· All the features in Stage 4
    · NOWSecure Defense System Level 1
    o Initial Security Hardening
    o APF Firewall Installation
    o /tmp directory hardening
    o Rootkit Hunter Installation
    o Catch PHP nobody Spammers
    o SIM (System Integrity monitor)
    o PRM (Process Resource Monitor)
    · Managed Off Server Network Backup
    · Server Port Monitoring – 4 Services
    · Disk Integrity Monitoring and Response
    · Compromised Server Recovery Level 2 (reformat to recover and restore)
    · Service Monitoring
    · No Fee for OS Reinstalls
    · Best Effort Third Party Application Support (within 15min)
    · Resource Monitoring (Drive Space, Processor usage, Server Load, System Memroy, Swap Space, )
    · Failed Service Restart/Repair***
    · 1 Hour System Administration/month**
    $35 Per month
    Jay

DedicatedNow order # 3071
    Billed on Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:10:29 +0400 GMT (4 days back)

I Sent a msg to sales, billing and support this morning. Till now I did not get any answer (more that 12 hours)

DedicatedNow order # 3071
    Billed on Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:10:29 +0400 GMT (4 days back)

I Sent a msg to sales, billing and support this morning. Till now I did not get any answer (more that 12 hours)
    Please check your email.
    Jay

If I know that you are going to reply it within less than 30 mint in WHT... I've post it here long time back.

Thanks anyway. I got the email.

Just a clarification!

As long as your order is in by 9 AM Monday morning (GMT - 5), we will honor this special for you. Please be aware that any setup credit is handled on the backend by Billing before submitting your final bill.